Windows Need new PC and some tips

daredevil

• Administrators

Ill take that desktop.

are you planning to take the laptop away sometimes? Mostly for gaming a desktop is always better if you ask me. Specs wise its a beast!

PC all day long for me but totally depends on what you want it for, obviously if you are going to be moving around a lot then laptop wins hands down.

One thing about the PC is from the look of it its literally just the base unit so you would need to buy a decent monitor for gaming, pref 1ms response or less and 144Hz refresh so its going to be a few 100 just for that on top of the unit, plus prob a decent keyboard and mouse.

Given the parts in the base unit its not really that much cheaper (prob few 100) to build yourself using the same specs so its def a cheap (ish) system for what your getting.

The major upside to PC is its easier and cheaper to replace parts should sommat go wrong or you just want to upgrade.............Both the PC and Laptop are nice specs but all in all it totally depends on what you will use it for tbh.

For my own I prefer a desktop. More efficient and if you have to change a part it's easier and cheaper like said above....

My sons had laptop and they changed for desktop....

Edited by AnG3L

• Administrators

@AnG3L @Snuffs99 @equalz @Professor Tony  i need one asap.. need some good specs around 1000$.. desktop i am not sure on parts.. i am out of touch on what mobo is good and if that microcenter has good one or not...  i can work with either or.. 

Of the 2 you listed the Desktop has the higher performing specs. The mobo in the desktop is a ASrock x390 which is an excellent mobo with great reviews. The i7-9700KF is a powerful processor that prove superior over the 9750H in the laptop. The only unsure thing about the desktop is that I have no idea what SSD they decided to use. But as the Price goes down, should it decide to fail outside of warranty that is a fairly cheap part to replace. All in all the Desktop is the best choice because you are focusing more money the basic components instead of the Monitor Keyboard and Mouse. It would be my choice to build my own, but as said before to build one with these specs would save you a minimal amount of money. This also seems to be a pretty good deal based off some of the prices that I am seeing currently. I dont see any spectacular deals on the sites I normally search.

Long Story short: +1 for the Desktop From Microcenter

• Like 2

Hi,

Here a comparaison about both CPU:

The PowerSpec G434 got a i7-9700KF

The MSI GE75 got a i7-9750H

the 9700KF is a 8 cores  proc. 8,  8 Threads @3.60 GHz, 95 W (good to be overclocked)

the 9750H is a 6 cores proc , 12 Threads @2.60 GHz, 45 W.

With conclusion that the desktop PowerSpec G434 CPU is a bit better than MSI GE75.

About the GPU, the RTX 2070 Super 8GB Destop is better than the GeForce RTX 2060 6GB laptop (the 2070 is about 13% faster minimum for the basic version, the one on the PowerSpec G434 is the SUPER version (RTX 2070 SUPER), so a bit better than the RT 2070 Basic)

Technically, the DesktopPowerSpec G434 is more powerfull than the MSI GE75 (CPU and GPU)

But you can take the MSI GE75 everywhere :D

c1.PNG

c2.PNG

c3.PNG

For GPU (The Super version of 2070 is a bit higher)

rtx-2060-vs-rtx-2070-gaming-benchmarks.jpg

BF5-1440p-RTX-2060-vs-2070.jpg

BF5-1080p-RTX-2060-vs-2070.jpg

EDIT:

After posting here, i read the @Professor Tony 's review, and I agree with him.

+1 for Desktop regarding to the most powerfull one.

If you need to take it away, the MSI laptop it very good too :)

I hope you will find quicly what you are looking for.

Edited by GHARIB
Value 9700KF corrected
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

@Professor Tonyis correct, that desktop would be the way to go if you're needing something quickly and it's available.  Aside from the obvious horsepower improvements it lists, you can get your whole 1TB on nvme and no moving parts in-lieu of the laptop's hybrid 5400rpm spinning disk + smaller nvme flash tiered setup.  Also for note, if you for some reason decide on the laptop let me know and I will walk you through some stuff you would need to uninstall asap that comes bundled in MSI software.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
On 3/3/2020 at 9:35 AM, equalz said:

Ill take that desktop.

are you planning to take the laptop away sometimes? Mostly for gaming a desktop is always better if you ask me. Specs wise its a beast!

I dunno if I'd call it a beast, but I'll take that GPU any day

https://www.microcenter.com/product/613385/asus-rog-strix-gl10dh-gaming-computer

im not a fan of intel. had to submit my opinion.lol this is what id go with ..  i have had very great luck with amd based systems over intels higher priced name!

• 100 1

Go for the desktop, u cant upgrade the laptop - I had a really nice desktop pc a while back and swapped it for an alienware gaming laptop, really regreted that move, sold a couple of months later and went back to desk, far far better .. 

You will feel the same if you buy laptop - you'll regrete it too - honestly :)

Next year, you can start to upgrade the desk if need be - Laptop? you'll have to sell to get a better 1

Oh, and dont forget monitor size, You'd rather play on a big screen then a small 17"

But this is all just my opinion - 

Edited by probl3m
edit
  • 100 1

AMD offer much better bang for your buckand are alot btter in many cases, again there are alot of arguements about this lol are you red or blue :)

• 100 1