ET to be ported to XreaL Engine

Brisk

Great.....Hopefully this uses gpu instead of cpu lol.

Desu luvs this because ET graphic does suck indeed, wouldnt mind it getting a facelift.

gameplay will be same though, right?

• Administrators

I hope he can make it work. At present I see all talks on SD but I will only believe when there would be something in real. Everyone starts project and then leaves it half way.

Example:

1. PB - I think EB doesn't cares anymore. They haven't fixed 1 simple bug which I reported in 2009. They themselves agreed it's a bug but never fixed it! gr8!

2. Jaymod - They are done.

3. Etpro - I think they are done too. Who knows ReyalIP will get in action again with Bani or not.

4. ET Ace - Stopped half way. Didn't even reached final version.

But with new rendering they should add at least minimum requirement for ET. Problem with present stage is any old PC user can download and install it and then whine for 15 FPS. It's been told many times that 80% FPS are client dependent.

I hope he can make it work. At present I see all talks on SD but I will only believe when there would be something in real. Everyone starts project and then leaves it half way.

Example:

1. PB - I think EB doesn't cares anymore. They haven't fixed 1 simple bug which I reported in 2009. They themselves agreed it's a bug but never fixed it! gr8!

2. Jaymod - They are done.

3. Etpro - I think they are done too. Who knows ReyalIP will get in action again with Bani or not.

4. ET Ace - Stopped half way. Didn't even reached final version.

But with new rendering they should add at least minimum requirement for ET. Problem with present stage is any old PC user can download and install it and then whine for 15 FPS. It's been told many times that 80% FPS are client dependent.

That's what I love about you man, always so optimistic. ;)

I sure as hell wouldn't mind an updated engine. Offload some of the game framework over to the GPU as Desu stated. It still won't lessen the amount of bitching you hear about "lag" though. It cracks me up that ET plays better with a fast older single core CPU and a half way decent GFX card than it does with a slower quad core and a good gfx card. Bassackwards

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this yet ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qcjsAIpgNY

Apparently yes 1 update. The use of dynamic shadows when importing xreal engine to ET (hopefully they continue and don't stop here lol).

That's what I love about you man, always so optimistic. ;)

I sure as hell wouldn't mind an updated engine. Offload some of the game framework over to the GPU as Desu stated. It still won't lessen the amount of bitching you hear about "lag" though. It cracks me up that ET plays better with a fast older single core CPU and a half way decent GFX card than it does with a slower quad core and a good gfx card. Bassackwards

it would be nice if et would work better with dual core then single core lol :(