Paintball anyone?

trendy

I have 10 tickets for paintball + 1000 free paint balls that are valid for the next 3 years lol. Ive always wanted to play and i hope to get on it soon. Any tips?

I played once. Got paintball scars all over me that hurt for long weeks. No thx :)

Take few buddies with you cheep! Don’t wear tight clothes, keep it kind of baggy. And i would definitely do a little research before going it’s worth while! Vindstot yeah it hurts at first but the adrenaline is so much fun! Being able to shoot your buddies at like 12 balls a second! Intense! 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

didnt have any scars after I went paintballing 🤨 did you wear normal clothing (for paintball)?

I've done it twice, I'm actually pretty good at it. Which I didn't expect at all.

cheep dont play  it like u do et ull be fine them guys are wossys .lol  and wear the eye protection .lol i used to play paint ball at a in door range alot .. its a blast.!!!!!!

oh ps... nut shots hurt bad!

• Haha 1

It’s a pretty sweet game! Your gun fighting skills are just as important as teamwork skills! Can’t win these games by yourself! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I played for 6 yrs, mostly millennium series, world cup in Orlando a couple of times and the swedish national league. Loved it back then, but felt I did what I could and then couldn't progress further. Best merit was a win at Milennium Madrid M5. Quit 2006. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Here are 5 tips which I would like to share with new players. These 5 important factors if put into practice can turn wonders for any paintball team at any playing level.

Break Out

Breaking out from the starting frame is one of the most critical skills to learn in speedball. A good breakout will allow the team to gain a good start into the game. Teams which are well trained in breakout can eliminate opposing players off the break making it easy for them in the remainder of the game. It is always good to play an outnumbered team off the break than playing against a full team. Breakout practices can be made perfect with landing drills and off the brake positioning. A team can practice and drill on their breakout position for familiarity.

Laning

Good laning gives the team an early advantage into the game. Good leaders can eliminate players of the break giving them a good head start. To “lane out” players, it is important to walk the field and find for open spaces and spots which players may run into during the breakout.

Entry into bunker

There are several ways of entering the bunker and all of which can be used selectively depending on opposing fire from the opponent. Players who are able to slide and dive into bunkers “survive” the entry than players who can only run into bunkers. These are the several ways of entering into a bunker: run, run and gun, side slide, dive (Superman dive), half dive and the list goes on… A perfect entry only works well with a speedy recovery behind the bunker. A lot of players focus on bunker entry but lacks speedy recovery which compliments the entire entry movement.

Posture

Players with bad posture do not survive long behind bunkers. Always square up to the bunker to allow flexibility and space so as to shoot on both the left and right side. The player must be comfortable and well covered behind the bunker and if your muscles are working hard when behind the bunker, you are probably not playing in the right posture. Marker handling behind the bunker is also important. Create muscle memory by holding the marker the same way every time you play. Find the right posture which you are comfortable with and stick to it every time. Stay consistent.

Communication

Paintball is a team game, therefore, team communication is a key factor for this sport. Good interaction on and off the field will see the team perform and win games. Give clear and short instructions which can be easily understood. The team can also create bunker codes which are unique to the team’s play style. For example, code word “hot dog” can means a super offensive indication when opponents are outnumbered. Players who are playing on the same side of the field must also talk to one another to speak the same lingo.

• Like 1

• D..X locked this topic