ETLegacy - Who plays from ETLegacy

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Please DO NOT download ETlegacy 2.76 as it will not work on any servers using pk3 as menu of char ~~ or Ext ASCII characters. Matter of times server admins start spamming zzzzz in pk3 names. I have no idea what is the logic behind blocking pk3 file name rather then blocking menu override itself. 

I have tried to talk with @kemon  , IRATA and other member of Legacy team. They went out with this approach which really doesn't make any sense. Let's be honest here - it doesn't - no matter how much anyone tries to justify it. Even @kemon you and IRATA both even agreed to that i.e. blocking file characters is not a good logic,  in our conversations so i have no idea what happened during release. 

Here is prime example - Gun control is an issue for massive crime so some people decided to block ONLY SMG's but rest of the guns would be still freely available in market. Does that make any sense? Because you ban SMG but rifles, other guns, pistol, etc etc are still available in market.  

So same happened in ETLegacy 2.76 version. They just banned 2-3 characters in ETLegacy version. Matter of time admins will start spamming pk3's with name zzzzzzzz, yyyyyyyyy, xxxxxxxxxx - etc... etc. 

I have no idea what else to say. I have tried to convey the message since months to the team but they did - what they wanted to do it even though few members had told me that in next version they will not block any file names. No offense intended to anyone. In my book - it's horrible logic. It really is. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 9:41 AM, daredevil said:

We have fixed the cursor issue in next pk3 cleaner update. Give me day or so and we will release it up. That upside down was because when me and medic developed it long time back ETlegacy didn't existed. Shana already fixed it up in next version for us. 

Sorry I understand you might be busy but I am wondering if there is a fix for the cursor. I check the download section but I was unable to any pk3 fix by Shana. Thank you for your help. Appreciate it.

Just now, blackknight8653 said:

Sorry I understand you might be busy but I am wondering if there is a fix for the cursor. I check the download section but I was unable to any pk3 fix by Shana. Thank you for your help. Appreciate it.

When we're done testing we'll update our current menus that you can see on servers. With that update many things will get fixed :)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

when i play with etl it feels like et is in slow motion.. i like the stable fps .. is about all.  game becomes to easy..

Could you maybe elaborate on what you mean by 'slow-motion'? We haven't changed anything in regards to the game's pacing/speed, duration of recharge or stamina bar, gravity, tank, bullet speed, etc.

Are you saying that by having the game run smoothly, it becomes too easy, because people don't have to counter potential lagging? :D

That gave me a chuckle, because I understand that this was certainly an aspect under older gameversions :D

it doesnt feel the same...

me an my buddy bill from bunker  ..tested and retested  etl.. on diff server an we both came to conclusion u move slower.it feels diff. cant elaborate ..

but it was weird.... it feels like reaction time  . to your actual movement is slower. and seems to be a pause in  bullet fire. this is why i dont play with etl anymore. 

simple answr  i run  2.01 mouse sense . in etl i have to run 1.76 to get same affect.    have to change m pitch  m yaw too.  mouse movement isnt same ....

dont get me wrong bud i love the dev team and i love  that people still work to improve et ..thank u but etl isnt my cup of tea!

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

me an my buddy bill from bunker  ..tested and retested  etl.. on diff server an we both came to conclusion u move slower.it feels diff. cant elaborate ..

but it was weird.... it feels like reaction time  . to your actual movement is slower. and seems to be a pause in  bullet fire. this is why i dont play with etl anymore. 

simple answr  i run  2.01 mouse sense . in etl i have to run 1.76 to get same affect.    have to change m pitch  m yaw too.  mouse movement isnt same ....

dont get me wrong bud i love the dev team and i love  that people still work to improve et ..thank u but etl isnt my cup of tea!

Did you post that feedback on ETLegacy forum? They might be able to help and if bug they can fix it in next release. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

Totally agree. I tryed ETL, had loads of issues (siwex tried to help me best he can) but at the end I just give up. Also was like slow-mo, half of my cfg (setted up values) went default when cfg was loaded, had some shit bug with 'C' crouch - used it when sniping and most of time when I release the C key it didnt get up, sound had some shit echo etc. And when i switched to regular ET 5 minutes adter everything was normal, so it had nothing with my cfg or settings (I think). If and when I come back to et, I'll contact FG Timothy so I hope he can help me run normal ETL. Then I'll see you nubs again :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

Oh, not at all. No hard feelings. I'm here for that very reason to understand the issues players have with ETL. If everything was already perfect with ETL, we wouldn't need active development^^

The slow-motion feeling is very weird though, but seeing that bo0m also reported that, there apparently is cause for that. I'll talk to the others, let me get back to you on that.

@bo0m generally configs are compatible, however, there are several cvars that have been adapted for various reasons and others have been introduced. Please have a look at this wiki entry for a full list of the changes.

That should help setting up the config properly. If you encounter any cvars that aren't working as they should or any other unintended behaviour, please let me know here.

As previously said, there have been updates to the way the sound works in ET. From over here I can't judge whether that fixes the issue you are having, I would need a bit more info about when that usually happens, if there is a pattern, etc.

If you should still have issues with the sounds under 2.76, then please definitely let us know!

Timothy is part of the dev team and we are going to ship his WolfAdmin suite by default with the next release to give admins a broader range of options. If you guys have any requests or wishes for WolfAdmin or specific tools you are missing as server admins, please also let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Edited by kemon
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2018 at 3:14 PM, captnconcrete said:

always nice to see boom..  does allamanki / peyote still work with the dev team?

thank you kemon nice to meet u here!

Idk tbh, Timothy made WolfAdmin for our PS server, and played often with us. Haven't seen him for a while now, but this isn't so strange as I'm not active anymore on ET for a while now. But he has helped us and me personally in many things, so.. I don't doubt he will make a good job here also. 

• Like 1

In case you missed it, Titeuf from 85-Productions created an anniversary trailer and also promoting the upcoming 2.76 Legacy release:

Did you think the anniversary event was over with the fantastic trailer yesterday? I know I definitely did, but @TITEUF-85 keeps on giving:

"We have more candies for you today – a real-time comparison video footage, showing the evolution of the game's textures in the next version of this wonderful mod, in the Goldrush map, right below!More comparison videos will come in due time, dedicated to the rest of the maps, so please stay-tuned!" - 85-Productions (Twitter)

• 100 1

• 2 months later...

anyone with et legacy can you try to connect to jay1
it seems atm all players using legacy are not able to get into jay1
/connect jay1.clan-fa.com