NHL Playoffs Pool 2016

meow

aaaaaaah, I only missed one and it's Nashville. 7 on 8, not bad :P

btw, Sis choices are different than on the picture I posted on April 13 because I didnt realize she had edited her post on April 12.

post-13787-0-45658000-1461876059_thumb.jpgpost-13787-0-15342800-1461876059_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

BTW Anaheim did kick Boudreau https://www.nhl.com/news/ducks-relieve-bruce-boudreau-of-coaching-duties/c-280512338?tid=277350296 and i got strong feeling that he will be our next coach, first i have to say, i hate him, because he favor players, but maybe he learned from past, he didnt do that so much in this year or in last year than what he did in before, before his star players played like 25min per night and fourth and third line 5-8 min and thats way too less, i personally like that coach should use lines equally, first line max 20 min and fourth line should get 10 at least. If you build your team correctly you should able to trust all four line. Lets see if my "guts feeling" (is that correct word?) is right. But main reason why i hate him is that he hate veteran players, how he used Selänne in his last year was show of huge disrespect (Selänne did say that he would have continued his career with different coach), he disrespected S.Koivu also and big time. If you look at his teams from past you can see that he dont have a lot veteran players (36+) in his past roster and if he had some veterans he used them in fourth/third line without PK/PP time. So i really hope that we not take him. I think its main reason why his team dropp out in playoffs, team have two camp (who get a lot ice team and love Boudreau and those who he disrespect) and its eat your team spirit and its bite you eventually.

BTW!

Mikko Koivu and Granlund will coming to World championship tournament, i was sad/mad about our latest lose for past 4 days, but when i heard that my biggest active idol is coming to National team it made me super happy, i always put national team before any other teams, but i never wish that Wild dropp out from playoffs, only that we could get those players to National tournament. Now i will hope that we can win gold medal. Koivu is biggest reason why i follow Wild, and i probably would change team if he would be traded, when you are big fan of player, its not different than being fan of team, you wish that player win Stanley or tournament, you wish that he get recognisation, example i am now pissed of that Koivu was not finalist of Selke trophy, how Kesler can be there before Koivu? lol! If Koivu would win Selke it would be so great for me, but ofc i put Stanley front of personal trophies. Its hard to explain how happy and how much its mean to me that Koivu came to tournament, before i did start hate players who didnt come to national team, now i understant those better when i have got more age, i know that when players have family and childrens its not easy to leave 3-6 week from them after own season is ended to disappointment, i have started to accept that if players have family they might not come national jersey anymore. Koivu and J. Jokinen both have childrens and they came to national jersey again, its huge thing to me, and i am so thankfull for them for that. This year Koivu has came bigger idol to me than before, its like with Niittymäki, when i have hard times, it give me extra happiness to see when your idols play well, Wild give me happiness too when they win, but if Koivu make points/goals and we lose, its not hurt so much, its easy to forgot those loses.

Time to save some money and buy Koivu National team jersey, i have wanted to buy that for several years, but now i have to do it, i have Niittymäki (TPS)jersey already :)

Edited by von Rantala

BTW!

Mikko Koivu and Granlund will coming to World championship tournament, i was sad/mad about our latest lose for past 4 days, but when i heard that my biggest active idol is coming to National team it made me super happy, i always put national team before any other teams, but i never wish that Wild dropp out from playoffs, only that we could get those players to National tournament. Now i will hope that we can win gold medal. Koivu is biggest reason why i follow Wild, and i probably would change team if he would be traded, when you are big fan of player, its not different than being fan of team, you wish that player win Stanley or tournament, you wish that he get recognisation, example i am now pissed of that Koivu was not finalist of Selke trophy, how Kesler can be there before Koivu? lol! If Koivu would win Selke it would be so great for me, but ofc i put Stanley front of personal trophies. Its hard to explain how happy and how much its mean to me that Koivu came to tournament, before i did start hate players who didnt come to national team, now i understant those better when i have got more age, i know that when players have family and childrens its not easy to leave 3-6 week from them after own season is ended to disappointment, i have started to accept that if players have family they might not come national jersey anymore. Koivu and J. Jokinen both have childrens and they came to national jersey again, its huge thing to me, and i am so thankfull for them for that. This year Koivu has came bigger idol to me than before, its like with Niittymäki, when i have hard times, it give me extra happiness to see when your idols play well, Wild give me happiness too when they win, but if Koivu make points/goals and we lose, its not hurt so much, its easy to forgot those loses.

Time to save some money and buy Koivu National team jersey, i have wanted to buy that for several years, but now i have to do it, i have Niittymäki (TPS)jersey already :)

that's the longest sentence i have ever seen :P

and speaking of finnish players, this rinne guy is awesome. preds wouldn't be where they are without him.

493821280_slide.jpg

• Like 2

that's the longest sentence i have ever seen :P

and speaking of finnish players, this rinne guy is awesome. preds wouldn't be where they are without him.

493821280_slide.jpg

Rinne is one of main reasons why they have been good for years, maybe this time they go far.

He give to team change every night to win, and maybe this year they go far

BTW, we simply have best goalies in world, and next decade will be ours in world championship.

i mean we have so many awesome youngsters so BEWARE of finnish POWA :yeye

• Like 1

Have miss two first game from SJ-Nashville serie. Has been too busy :/ will try to watch next game, try to watch DAL-STL too in sametime. Probably will lost some of games too when World championship tournament start.

Carlyle has been in rumors for Wild new coach, daam i would be happy if we get Oates to our PP coach. Duchene could be good fit to us too, Koivu is 33 now and he could play better in second line and 1 PP and PK, like Bergeron do in BOS. Parise - Koivu - Granlund was great line for us, and Torch finally moved Granlund to wing what i was requesting from start of Granlund (Wild) career, but Yeo never even try that move. Coyle - Koivu - Granlund was very good line too if Duchene or Stamkos come and they want use Parise in first line. Let see if we buy out Vanek. I like his attitude and i did defence him a lot in this year, but if you watch his gamestyle and points his time in Wild has been dissapointment, but i would like to give him third chance, make room for trading Brodin and add Duchene or Stamkos and add Vanek with Parise in that line and it could be very good and give us two very good offensive line.

PIT can surprise and we can see Fleury moving if Murray lead them to Finals, PIT finally have great goalie game what they have lack for several years. Fleury is good, but not great. His Salary hit is not awfull, so teams who are looking goalie will take him for big exchange (giving a lot back). But we can also see that they (Fleury and Murray) share goalie jobs in next year as Dallas did with they goalies. My philosophy is that if you are getting new starter from your young goalie, you should make risk move and trade veteran (old starter) because if you keep him and young player take role as starter, veteran lose his trade value, because teams see that he lost his spot in one team and he havent played a lot lately, but if you make move early when he still was equal situation in his old team it keep his value higher, when other teams see that team is making risk move and trading good number one goalie to other team. But in other hand, i think that there is always room for two good goalie in your team, and if i would be GM in NHL, i would build my team that i have two good goalie and which has played better regular season would play in playoffs, but then i would not pay big moneys to my goalies, i would make 2-3 year (3-4 milj) contracts with goalie and when those end i would let one go and with one i would go re-contract and take new second goalie and using that kind circle going, in goalie spot, one injury can affect your whole career a lot more than in other players, plus in my philosophy if you keep competition in goalies spot it push both play better hockey, but if you have one big contract goalie, you should trade him before he loss his status in old team, or you would end to get a lot less from him. Good example is Luongo situation.

Edited by von Rantala

San Jose will knock the Preds out!!!

idk about that...tied at 2 apiece. last night over 90 shots combined on net and only 7 goals. goalies are making the difference in this series.

and for all those that picked the caps to go all the way including moi ....ouch, down 3-1 with ovi being almost invisible. he's not even in the top 50 in playoff scoring.

the playoffs are so unpredictable. 

• Like 2

idk about that...tied at 2 apiece. last night over 90 shots combined on net and only 7 goals. goalies are making the difference in this series.

and for all those that picked the caps to go all the way including moi ....ouch, down 3-1 with ovi being almost invisible. he's not even in the top 50 in playoff scoring.

I did wait in early prediction and in latest that Washington go in to difficulties and before serie started i did say that PIT can surprise WAS. Let see, i think that it go to game seven, let see and wait. Biggest problem of they has been secondary scoring now. DD group look too small too, let see how it end. But Murray is difference in that serie atm. If i would do preditics now i would say that Final will be TBL-STL and both have equal chance to win and it go to game seven orvertime and STL win it. Let see, in other hand when i think these playoffs, i someday think TBL will win and in other day STL will win.

Havent watched games lately, will continue in Conference finals, i needed small break from games. Havent been sad about our lost anymore, but moved all my thinks to next year and next year line ups.Today will start World championship tournament what i will follow.

• Like 1

Huuuuuuuuuuh, Sharks got robbed. Pavelski scored in the first overtime, refs suck :D

GO SHARKS GO!

Huuuuuuuuuuh, Sharks got robbed. Pavelski scored in thefirst overtime, refs suck :D

GO SHARKS GO!

Was that offside or goalie interference? Goalie interference situations every referee has they own seeing, and thats wrong rules should be equal and clear to everyone and not depended who is referee, same can say about offsides, Its fun how big decision has made when referees watch goals from minor ipad. Can u add link, has been too busy to watch hockey

Was that offside or goalie interference? Goalie interference situations every referee has they own seeing, and thats wrong rules should be equal and clear to everyone and not depended who is referee, same can say about offsides, Its fun how big decision has made when referees watch goals from minor ipad. Can u add link, has been too busy to watch hockey

goalie interference. I know it's a 50-50 situation, was he pushed enough or not by Gaustad, but I'm a sharks' fan sooooooo :<

btw he did push the puck with his hand but he hit it with his stick just before it crosses the goal line. They called goalie interference but Gaustad pushed Pavelski as he was going quite fast

Yeah, in my mind it was goalie interference if you look this season rules. Why? because Rinne was not able to move to make save, if it would hit Pavelski in stick and then he would not touch that again, it would been goal for sure, no matter if he hit to goalie, but he made touch to puck when he was on Rinne when he didnt had chance to make save, but in other hand i dont like this call either, because NHL turn these kind goals too much, there should be clear intent to interference goal, there was not that, so in current NHL rules i think it was line of what referees has done whole year as you sayed also, but i agree with you on that these kind goals should be allowed, because there was not clear intent to interference goalie and it was game incident. We lose a lot goals because these questionable calls, but with current rules it was right call. I see you opinion though, in fan of team you are always to your team side, like i was in that goal what we argued here before. I still believe that it should not have been goal, but it not piss me off anymore or not even annoy, not even that disallowed goal what we made in game 6. Because if we would have played better we would have win that serie. In world cups and Olympics and World championship hockeys when one game decide its very crude to see those kind goals against u but in best of 7 serie, those happen to everyone time to time.

BTW has been great to watch World championship tournament, Finland can be first team in Hockey history to Win U-20, U-18 and mens hockey world championship in same year, not even Canada done that before, and we have one of bests team in our history in the ice, but our weaknest is our defence and goalies, Koskinen is huge question mark, he has played solid and good career in KHL, but in Finnish league or North-America he didnt get success. Let see, i personally think that Bäckström or Saros will take number one slot from him. Koivu made 1+1 in first game and that goal what he did, was Koivu at his best. Maybe new coach (if we take it) give him chance to play like he is capable.

If Pavelski hadn't tapped the puck in at the end and instead let it go in by itself (where Sissons would have had a chance to keep it out at the goal line) then it wouldn't have been goalie interference. But Pavelski tapped the puck in while laying on Rinne so of course there was no way the goaltender could make the save, so it was a good call of goalie interference imo

Well if Pavelski hadnt tapped the puck with his stick there would be no goal because he would have scored with his hand.

And the rules states that it is not goalie interference if an opponent shoves you into their own goalie...which is what Gaustad kind of did.

Part of rule 69 - Interference on the goalkeeper:

If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a
defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the
goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the
attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player
has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

I guess they judged Pavelski didnt make a reasonable effort. But with the speed he had, shoved by Gaustad while trying to get the puck midair, there's not much he could have done lol