NHL Playoffs Pool 2016

meow

Boudreau is our new coach http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=881898&navid=DL|MIN|home

I am happy that we take him, instead of new rookie coach, even that i didnt like all what he done in Anaheim when S. Koivu was playing in there, Boudreau didnt favor player so much in his last season in Anaheim, so i hope he learned from his mistakes, and lets be honest he was best coach who was available and we was able to take him, his records are awesome and we are now real contender for Stanley Cup for the 2016-2017 season. I will give him opportunity to win my heart, i was against Vanek signatations also, couple year ago, but i gave him chance to win my heart and now he is one of my fav players, even that i probably have to let him go from my fantasy team. I think with Boudreau players like Koivu, Parise, Vanek, Granlund, Coyle and Pomminville and defenders like Scandella, Suter, Spurgeon will be used more effectively, if you look players under Boudreau, he has got several player play better hockey in his command than they was playing without him. Like Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Fowler, Ryan etc.. So i wait that we get more from our players and our team play will be better and we will show more heart. We are now real contender for Stanley :) Plus i think we could get some individual finalst too with him, like Koivu to Selke and Messier trophy and Suter/Spurgeon to Norris. What i know from Boudreau is that he usually dont over play goalies, he give games to that guy who playing better, if you look his history, he has always used two goalies and i like that, now we just need better back up than Kuemper, who could challange Dubnyk. I am so happy on this news, and cant wait that season 2016-2017 start already.

Boudreau is our new coach http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=881898&navid=DL|MIN|home

I am happy that we take him, instead of new rookie coach, even that i didnt like all what he done in Anaheim when S. Koivu was playing in there, Boudreau didnt favor player so much in his last season in Anaheim, so i hope he learned from his mistakes, and lets be honest he was best coach who was available and we was able to take him, his records are awesome and we are now real contender for Stanley Cup for the 2016-2017 season. I will give him opportunity to win my heart, i was against Vanek signatations also, couple year ago, but i gave him chance to win my heart and now he is one of my fav players, even that i probably have to let him go from my fantasy team. I think with Boudreau players like Koivu, Parise, Vanek, Granlund, Coyle and Pomminville and defenders like Scandella, Suter, Spurgeon will be used more effectively, if you look players under Boudreau, he has got several player play better hockey in his command than they was playing without him. Like Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Fowler, Ryan etc.. So i wait that we get more from our players and our team play will be better and we will show more heart. We are now real contender for Stanley :) Plus i think we could get some individual finalst too with him, like Koivu to Selke and Messier trophy and Suter/Spurgeon to Norris. What i know from Boudreau is that he usually dont over play goalies, he give games to that guy who playing better, if you look his history, he has always used two goalies and i like that, now we just need better back up than Kuemper, who could challange Dubnyk. I am so happy on this news, and cant wait that season 2016-2017 start already.

Really happy for you when i saw the announcement !! I think he's a good coach overall and i think that the player really didn't do the job in playoffs. Nashville had so much more heart on the game, and we still saw it yesterday vs the Sharks, it will be a great game 7. Sharks will win this one as they should have already won with that refused Pavelski goal, this pavelski this guy has stepped up this year, hope he gets the cover of NHL 2017 video game.

Suprised that the blues didn't finish the Stars, but hey they have a hell of a team too, another must watch game 7. Think the stars will win that one, but i predicted Chicago would win the game 7.. so bad predictor predicts again :)

Still confident the habs will win the cup  :unsure:

And there goes my final :') Thought the blues were going to win from the stars looking at the series, I just really hope that the sharks won't disappoint next.. Can't believe Nashville won 3 times from them already, guess I don't know enough about hockey yet :D

Now I'm thinking the penguins will reach the finals and I hope to watch blues vs sharks series, that would be interesting too ^^

• Like 2

When i think this more and more, i think TBL will win the cup 2016. I can see weaknest in both teams, (STL and TBL) they team is not wide as CHI and LAK was in cup years, but they are best team left. As i sayed when Wild dropp, i hoped that we lost so it can help us more than winning, and this time it did, when we sign Boudreau, if we would not lost that game 6, we probably would not get Boudreau. Now all day long, i keep thinking our next year line-ups, and do we take Nugent-Hopkins from EDM or Duchene from COL. I think Colorado not want trade they star player to they biggest rival, so RNH is possible to our team, then there has been talk to add one more ex-minnesota/minnesota born player Okposo to team. Not sure about Okposo, in other hand, he has played well lately without Tavares too (in different line than him) but i dont know if its good to idea to take one more minnesota born playe to team. Even that havent like Coyle a lot before i know his potential and wish that in next year he will use his whole potential and then he could be perfect line mate to Koivu. There is couple possibility what has been in my mind.

Granlund - Koivu - Parise

Niederreiter - Haula - Pomminville

Vanek - Downing - Coyle

Zucker - Free Agent - Ryan Carter

Spurgeon - Suter

Scandella - Dumba

Brodin - Reilly

Dubnyk

Free agent

Second opinion what has been in my mind if we add couple new player, line could look like this

Okposo - Nugent Hopkins - Parise

Granlund - Koivu - Coyle

Niederreiter - Haula - Pomminville

Zucker - Downing - Carter

Spurgeon - Suter

Scandella - Reilly

Folin - Oloffson

Rämö

Dubnyk.

Second opinion with couple addition, example Dumba and Brodin to RNH and free agent signation of Okposo would give a lot more wide to our offesive lines, and we could still keep our defence group very good, maybe adding one veteran in ther could be possible too, but Reilly can be huge defender to us and in league, and our big four can be equal good as STL and CHI have. Goalie situation is question mark, i like Boudreau style to use two goalie and for that Rämö would be perfect fit, btw, Boudreau will cut down Suter ice time to 25min and could take him away from PP1, he say that he will run two PP unit what was great news. He has changed as coach, from time what he was when S. Koivu was playing for him, now i looked ice time of players from last couple year and he has shared that equally, in last two season no one from Forwards havent play more than 20 min per game. Most hit in 13-15 mark. Thats mean first three line players get good ice team, fourth line get about 10 min. From defender no one havent play more than 25 min. Only thing is that if you look his teams, you cant find ( a lot) 35+ players from his rosters? That is strange fact. Is that reason of early playoffs exits? At least in Minnesota he have great leaders, Koivu has won a lot medals in world championship tournaments and Olympics and some has come in Captain role, he was Captain in 2011 when we won gold medal from world championship tournament and its Captain now too. Parise, Pomminville and Vanek have all played in conference finals at least once in Alternate/Captain role. So Wild will Cup in 2016-2017 :) Will come long summer when i am waiting for next season, never ever before i havent wait new season as much as i wait now.

Edited by von Rantala

...... guess I don't know enough about hockey yet :D

just when you think you know enough about hockey to predict the outcome of games, you quickly realize you don't and never will :P

the blues annihilated dallas IN dallas in a 7th and deciding game.....nobody predicted that last night

• Like 1

just when you think you know enough about hockey to predict the outcome of games, you quickly realize you don't and never will :P

So true, when you are sure that someone will not go to playoffs, what  they do? go and win Cup. Or you think that goalie will never be good and solid goalie, what he will do? Take starter role and is finalist of Vezina. Current hockey with salary cap, make predictions super difficult and league very equal, there is 20+ team every year who have good chance to win Cup with little luck and if they can avoid injuries. Thats why i like NHL more than other leagues. Now days we super rarely see series go to 4-0 and Wild cards make division winners life very hard in first rounds.

• Like 1

I havent been able to watch NHL hockey at all, all time i keep thinking how i have to wait to October before new season and how will Wild roster and line ups look, which players will play first, which second powerplay, who will be our goalies, how line ups will shape when there is World Cup and biggest stars coming to training camp little bit later than rest, and how we will win Cup in next year. Time go so slow now, maybe after NHL go summer break, start days go little bit faster, but i just keep thinking my Wild if i watch hockey, no matter if its World championship tournament or NHL. Wild is in my mind when i go sleep too, luckly its not first thing in my mind when i wake up or it would be alarming :P Koivu has been always big idol to me, but now he has came to same line with Niittymäki. Watching Koivu playing and listening his interviews give me a lot powers, and i keep hoping that he win Selke and Stanley in next year and get that appreciation what he earn would make me super happy.

What you think do Wild have chance's to get Stamkos to team? I hear a lot rumors that he is going to Toronto, but Toronto have now number one draft pick, so they could use it to center Matthews and they have Nylander already and Kadri so they would be deep in that spot and then Stamkos could be available to Wild. TBL could let him go after they have saw Drouin playing and they have Johnson and Filppula also as centers and keeping Stamkos could be too expensive to keep.

So what you think about Wild chances to get Stamkos? I see those chances as very good.

Second opinion could be that Stamkos go to Toronto and Laine will be first Finnish 1st draft pick.

I dont think the Wild have the cap space for Stamkos, he will probably get 9-10 millions, and right now, according to nhlnumbers.com, Wild have only 10 millions free space with only 8 forwards, 5 def and 1 goalie signed.

But I think EVERY team will try to get him xD

I dont think the Wild have the cap space for Stamkos, he will probably get 9-10 millions, and right now, according to nhlnumbers.com, Wild have only 10 millions free space with only 8 forwards, 5 def and 1 goalie signed.

But I think EVERY team will try to get him xD

Bying out of Vanek would give us that 6 milj room i think we have one buy out which to use so it not affect salary cap. Trading Brodin 4 milj would give us totall of 20 room :) So its possible :)

A bit offtopic but I wanted to share this pic to the hockey fans  :P taken yesterday at the marlies play off game (f*** they sucked)
13244758_1221662274534849_21018546832975

Edited by Sis <3
  • Like 2

Bying out of Vanek would give us that 6 milj room i think we have one buy out which to use so it not affect salary cap. Trading Brodin 4 milj would give us totall of 20 room :) So its possible :)

No, there is not free buy outs anymore. So half his salary would still be counted for 2 years. And trading Brodin at 4 millions with 5 years left on his contract...the Wild would most likely have to take players with a salary back from that trade.

And that would leave you with only 4 defensemen signed.

No, there is not free buy outs anymore. So half his salary would still be counted for 2 years. And trading Brodin at 4 millions with 5 years left on his contract...the Wild would most likely have to take players with a salary back from that trade.

And that would leave you with only 4 defensemen signed.

I hear that there is Edmonton and Columbus who is ready to take his full salary, it would leave us defenders of Scandella, Suter, Spurgeon, Reilly, Olofsson, Folin and Prosser so 7 defence man, not 4 :) Folin and Olofsson both are very promising defenders who both could take Brodin spot, ofc i still like Brodin a lot, and want to keep him for sure, but for Stamkos we maybe migh have to make room, RNH have 6 million salary, i see that Dumba and Brodin to RNH is very posible trade, but i would not trade both to RNH. And look like we still have one buyout left https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compliance_buyout, or do you have other kind info? It was talked in Wild forum too that we should have one buyout left, we didnt use that in Cooke. Or was that only available in 2013/2014? Not familiar with that rule.

Edited by von Rantala