What was the last TV-series you watched?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to start this one tomorrow, it seems like a good series to me and wife!

• Like 2

Last two series what we watched

Not fan of it, but had to watch it. There was some good episodes and some very bad ones.  6/10

8/10

I like it, i like to humor what there was. Not all jokes or what they was joking about, but overall funny serie. Everyone has bit different humor, so i recommend to give it time for couple episode too see if you like this type of humor. Didnt know Poles and Finns have common "enemy"😂  So if you are finn and like some jokes on our "loved" neighbour. I recommend you to watch the serie.

How accurate this show Polish humor? Is your humor like on this serie? Pls our Polish members tell what you like about this serie, but lets try to avoid spoilers :)

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, von Rantala said:

Last two series what we watched

Not fan of it, but had to watch it. There was some good episodes and some very bad ones.  6/10

8/10

I like it, i like to humor what there was. Not all jokes or what they was joking about, but overall funny serie. Everyone has bit different humor, so i recommend to give it time for couple episode too see if you like this type of humor. Didnt know Poles and Finns have common "enemy"😂  So if you are finn and like some jokes on our "loved" neighbour. I recommend you to watch the serie.

How accurate this show Polish humor? Is your humor like on this serie? Pls our Polish members tell what you like about this serie, but lets try to avoid spoilers :)

Haven't watched it all yet but i quite like it as of now.

For me someone had a nice idea for this series because its pretty different than most of the new ones today.

I like how they depicted the past and present and mixed them together.

And all that with a great cast.

As of the humor some moments were great, the other ones not that much,  but i only talk in regards to my personal sense of humor which is pretty low to be honest. 

Nice satire.

If i could recommend something 

https://youtu.be/L1lk9IqWSvU?si=RHj1u18hgH4iqen3

But i'm not sure if you will be able to find it with English.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the s1 long time ago and I have to say it was very well made. I give it 8/10

This one I watched also some time ago, also very good series and was sad to see it end. 8/10

This is too nice, another LOTR copy, but more interesting. 8/10

• Like 2

Watched season 1, now will watch season 2 in free time. It's kind of series you watch to relax and don't think too much.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

I somehow missed your post, @von Rantala 😄

On 1/12/2024 at 10:38 PM, von Rantala said:

Didnt know Poles and Finns have common "enemy"😂

the action of this comedy is set in 1670, i.e. in the times after the so-called Swedish Deluge. The Swedes literally turned Poland upside down, that's why many references to them as the enemy :D. Today, there are no such feelings at all, their place was taken by nations east and west of the Polish border 😛

On 1/12/2024 at 10:38 PM, von Rantala said:

this series and its humor may be incomprehensible in some cases, because it comments on today's reality and events in Poland and strongly refers to today's situation. But this is typical Polish humor, when we laugh at ourselves it's ok, but if someone from outside laughs at us, the hussars attack 😄

• Like 2
  • 100 1

9 hours ago, yaku said:

the action of this comedy is set in 1670, i.e. in the times after the so-called Swedish Deluge. The Swedes literally turned Poland upside down, that's why many references to them as the enemy :D. Today, there are no such feelings at all, their place was taken by nations east and west of the Polish border 😛

Hehe yeah, my gf always want to know, why we dont like Sweden so much. I always try to explain we are brothers if we need any help from each others, but in sport we are biggest rivals and in jokes we like to laugh to our neigbour. I love historical movies and series, so i did like when they mix'ed up our current problems with 1670 problems and ofc as finn some Swedish jokes are always fun.

So that it not go only off the topic. Here is series some series what we been watching.

10/10

It take me year to watch all 12 seasons. I got in the middle of season 11 before we did move together in end of august and so for last 1,5 season it take 4 month to watch xD But oh boy, i love NYPD Blue so so so much. Deadwood is my all time favorite, but now when i first time see NYPD Blue all seasons i have rate it my second favorite serie, before Third Watch. I like a lot, how Sipowicz is developing when serie progress. I like when Sipowicz and John (Irvin) comes very good friends after all prejudices what Sipowicz first had. I like how Sipowicz take care of everyone and always worry on everyone, and oh boy, when he is mad, do not try to talk to him xD I dont want to give a lot spoilers, but i liked a lot Sipowicz and Bobby Simone chemestry. Ofc there is also things what i dont like so much on his character in early seasons. I try to wait at least couple month before starting serie again. I dont like season 1 at all, so probably will start from season 2 again. I had seasons 1-4 in DVD, and did see some of seasons from TV 10-15 year ago, and did remember so many things wrongly xD. Its also fun to watch evolution of mobile phones and cars. First season is from 1993, so no mobile phones and cars are old ones and final season is from 2005 and you can see some mobile phones, PC and bit more updated cars xD. Thank you for Disney for bring some old series back. Biggest minus for Disney is that they dont have Ukraine subtitles to any of series or movies.

Document

8/10

Document

7/10

On 1/26/2024 at 4:48 PM, RendeL said:

Watched the s1 long time ago and I have to say it was very well made. I give it 8/10

This is too nice, another LOTR copy, but more interesting. 8/10

New Halo season 2 starting on the 8th of Feb :) ( saw the announcement during the Bills & Chiefs game ) 

Just binged season 1 of Wheel of time, i really liked it, definitely worth watching 8/10. Now preparing for season 2 :) 

• Like 1