Terrorist attacks in Brussels, Belgium

Sisje

Very sad day for Belgium, Europe and of course mankind. I have my thoughts and theories of why this is happening but I dont believe this is the moment to manifest them.

• Like 1

some posts were edited and the ton of the latters before editing were not what I would call polite\nice. By the way, what's wrong with expressing only sadness and commiserate with people suffering. In all cases, anger will be of no help in such a moment.

My intention isn't to hide your posts nor to lock this thread.. And I really hope that I will not have to do so. But it's up to you all, because you're all perfectly aware that such discussions can escalate quickly with a single post and than this often happens.

Solution?? Simple.. Discuss peacefully if this can help you, and the D day vote at the presidential election for the one you think he could solve the problems. Aside that, there's nothing you can do nor find on this forum. But the solution itself is and has probably always been in the hands of those who govern us.. not in this forum nor any other.

I'm not with you when you say the solution is in the hands of those who govern us. People need to get involved. But I get your point, gaming forums are not the place for it :)

I'm not with you when you say the solution is in the hands of those who govern us. People need to get involved.

Never said that people are or shouldn't be involved.. That's even the opposite than what I said. This is quite obvious than it's the business of all since most of us vote for these people and their solution.. And this is one of the best ways to get involved and be efficient in our societies. Constructive and peaceful discussions are good to clear up some not known or dark points. But again, you will not be able to change the world from this forum nor any other.

Of course and once again this forum normaly ain't the place for this.. But we can also let it go if each one does his bit and avoid to turn such discussions into an excuse to fight and pour his crap.

side note: dunno why but I feel that I need to explain the meaning of "share anger".. By this, I meant, to not attack the each other with rude words or an agressive ton because you have a different opinions on the subject like I saw during this thread. It's of course understandable to be angry in such moments.. But there's also a correct way to express it. There's no guilty to accuse in here.. Only witness and victims of these events.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

Stay strong in there Belgium, we all are with you in our minds and prayers, i wish that all of our Belgium members/regulars and members/regulars who was in the Belgium are all right!

• Like 3

this not political fights .

and so i can say this :

it's not America's fault . ISIS makes himself bombs to victims. where they are <_< 
so its only ISIS that make mistake heer at world

The president (and several state governors as well) have ordered flags to flown at half-staff through Saturday. All federal public buildings and grounds, embassies, military installations, naval ships, etc. will have their flags lowered today because of the order.  It is being done out of respect to those who lost their lives in Brussels and for solidarity with our Belgian friends.  

@ann! we agree on the essence. I just proved by myself that it's a difficult subject to discuss about.

I just found out that even such close neighbours have cultural differences: in Belgium, as opposed to France, we would never say going to vote is "getting involved" because voting is obligatory. We have a voter turnout of 98%. That explains why we express ourselves differently there :)

@all, thanks. I failed to express how much I like to see the world be as one, like they do after every attack against civilization. I love you.

Edit: found a beautiful poem I'd like to share.

Aarde vol jammer en misgeboorten,
wildernis, afgronden en puin;
zelden een haven, zelden een tuin
en telkens indringers aan de poorten.

Iedere hamer algauw een wapen,
iedere toeroep een verwijt.

En keel na keel die jammert en schreit
en handen die brokken samenrapen.

Nooit laat een uur zich met mildheid dopen.
Mens zijn, is jager zijn en dier.

Tot – achter het heden en het hier –
geen enkel bedrog zich vrij kan kopen,

en niets meer helpen mag of bedaren,

overmoed, blijdschap, blind geloof.
Stof is altijd voor mislukking doof
en triomfeert slechts in barbaren.

Herwig Hensen

Clumsy translation:

Earth full of pity and abortion,

desert, abysses and pain;

seldom a haven, seldom a garden

and intruders at the gates, again and again.

Every hammer soon a weapon,

every cry a reproach.

And throat after thoat, wailing and weeping
and hands gathering chunks.

Never an hour be baptised in charity.
Being human, is being predator and beast.

Until - behind today and here -
no deceit can buy its freedom,

and nothing may help or becalm,

elation, joy, blind belief.

Dust is always deaf for failure
and only triumphs in savage.

Edited by Platonic
  • Like 1

where the life began when the life end 

people have to take care about people life is to short 

to kil people this place this world is to small but we stil need 

it because so can human stil exist others this world will 

have a end not by nature but by people that make a mess .

;)