COD4 Modded server

daredevil

Two things I don't like so far, the banner that is constantly scrolling across the bottom is distracting and annoying. Second is the Killstreak/KDR/Accuracy tracker on the left side of the screen. Don't really like it to begin with, but even more so when it isn't even in the left hand corner, but more closer to the middle left side, in the way.

As for the listing on Gameservers and the player count, I can't find this in the server cfg so it must be listed elsewhere.  The same for the Unnamed player that is showing as in game, but is actually not there. That is something I'll have to get with Muumipappa on.

its a quick fix in the configs, when i got the time i message you how we fixed it on the promod server. Will probably need to ts it like last time

Not many look at game-tracker. Let it be for some time till we get some regulars. Then we can fix it up.

Yehhhh, I just figured but it does help show how the servers doing. Makes it easier to figure out if something needs to be fixed. So I would recommend changing it in a few days....

Any rules on server? Gametypes? Or just modded free for all fun?

Please allow me to jump forward of all the work that still has to be done and throw some ideas out to brainstorm: 

Initial thoughts were to make it TDM through peak periods, with it being a MODDed server (correct me where I am wrong)  you can set it to allow only certain perks if wanted.  My thought is the killstreaks and the ability to not be blocked by other players already sets it apart from the other servers.  

Muumipappa had an idea that I think is worth exploring, during non-peak periods admin can change the game type to allow for fewer players to choose what they want to play.  (This would mean all admins working that server would need training on how to use B3)  This ability could satisfy some of your old Abner/Hardcore players who are usually on during non-peak times anyway.  

I would think start off with TDM, all perks (minus marty) for a month and then scale back perks another month to see how many complaints/recommendations people make.  You could always put it as a vote on the forums as well, maybe advertise on the server there is a vote section on forums on what people want.

Endless possibilities with a MODDed server, just need to make recommendations to Leaders, consider player feedback, and Leaders to decide which recommendations to keep/discard.   

BTW, big KUDOS to pappa he is one awesome dude!  

Edited by Diggity
  • Like 2

Neat! If I can have some lounging time this week I might check it out :3 When it comes to voting on perks... why bother...? Everyone always whines about certain perks. I've seen former clan members start countless topics about tubes on beginners, but we always kept them no matter what others thought because it allowed us access to more players. :) The idea of switching at non-peak times is a good idea, but we'll need a strong admin base to keep up with it... but.. at the same time.. could be a bit of an issue with confusion with newer and longer server regulars. Some might say oh perks are allowed, others argue they're not, so to keep changing them would be kind of a bad thing at the same time.

If in the end people want limited perks on the new server, I would offer to suggest changing beginners as well to a modded server :) GT has always sucked and been the limiting factor because of ranking... No one really uses it anyway, so we might as well do what we want to do and focus on making things great for us and our players. :3

• Like 1

Muumipappa had an idea that I think is worth exploring, during non-peak periods admin can change the game type to allow for fewer players to choose what they want to play.  (This would mean all admins working that server would need training on how to use B3)  This ability could satisfy some of your old Abner/Hardcore players who are usually on during non-peak times anyway.  

That idea was about Openwarfaremod. Because there is lot more gametypes to choose from.

• Like 1

Well we are already getting people in and all I have heard are good things!  All have liked what has been done and have added it to their favorites already.   Awesome work!!!

I was on for a minute cause there was no one else there.  But I like what I see.

If NormanCorn and Sarge and diggity could be there, it would be a fun game.

So let's make a date boys.

I was on for a minute cause there was no one else there.  But I like what I see.

If NormanCorn and Sarge and diggity could be there, it would be a fun game.

So let's make a date boys.

A bunch of us were in yesterday evening from 7pm-10pm Central time.  I have begun camping the server, would recommend we advertise it a little more.

When I turn night vision on and off, an option list comes up for server settings. Is it supposed to do that? I have no levels on that server, btw.

I haven't tried that, but will later today.   Yes, I forgot about the menu when you press "N"twice, pappa can explain it better than I but you can prestige by access this menu.  You can also create a class without leaving the game through this menu. Other options I differ to pappa or someone else who knows it better.  Thanks for reminding/pointing it out!

No one has levels as it will require some quick train up do to the commands being different. That is another thing that needs to be worked, who is doing the training, who wants/needs the training, and when will the training be conducted.  

Edited by Diggity

• Administrators

How is it going on the admintools for the server so we can ban people, as the server has already been attracting cheaters.

Should be all set.Admin commands should be here:

http://wiki.bigbrotherbot.net/usage:groups

Krayzie and Snake are super admin on it as of now including me but since I am around less, please contact them.

Just a note: Thank you to all for getting this server going with beginners! We will add same B3 on beginners soon and then XLR stats is the next step. 

Just please confirm once if B3 is prone to rcon flooders. 

• Like 2

This is KILLSTREAK right?  I've been bouncing there first every time I get a chance to play, but never find anyone :(

Yeah, it's Killstreak.  You just miss them every time by a few seconds :P  It is strange times that most are on, I think before your lunch time is when I see most.  Look at Gametracker, it shows when the peak # of players is on.

Speaking of game tracker, am I reading it right that it is already in the top 10??  Holy cow!

Edited by Diggity