COD4 Modded server

daredevil

• Administrators

So i have been out of loop for some time in COD4 scene. What is the best COD4 custom mod out for our new server? We will be nuking one server and convert it to modded server with custom maps. 

• Like 1

One that allows KrayZie to kill all people :P Not to familiar with modded servers, but I have seen a couple Zombie servers, and played on one that was just running custom maps, with custom guns, upgraded jets for airstrikes and such. I think the biggest thing is we just want new maps to play.

sry to say that, but it would be a waste of time and money. you dont have the typ of admins to populate a server (softcore and abnerdog server for example). people wanna play and dont camp until someone is joining. i can understand this, i was sitting hours on softcore server waiting for someone to join.  

and yes, zombie modded server is/ was popular. dont know much about others

MODDB has a really cool CoD 4 Starwars: Galactic Warfare mod.  It's been out for a while but with the recent success of the movie - it might be worth a shot.  I don't think you can ever go wrong with Star Wars anything. 

I would also love to see if we had the same problems that we have with teams.  We are always battling the people that only want to play Marines.  I doubt there would be the same reaction to being a Rebel or a Storm Trooper.

We would still have to advertise it on the Beginners Server but I think it could carry it's own weight after a while.  After all, they are going to keep pumping out Star Wars films until way after I'm dead and gone.

Well, now I feel dull. I was looking at the idea of a modded server as a means to provide better tools for admining and social interaction xD

Well, now I feel dull. I was looking at the idea of a modded server as a means to provide better tools for admining and social interaction 

Not at all!!  I think that adding something like B3 would be a huge asset.  I just love Star Wars more than Zombies. :P

I would still like to see the modded COD4 maps that I talked about almost a year ago or more.  These are professionally done and they are fun to play.  They just take a regular map,

and open up the rest of it, so you get new streets, new buildings and other things.  We just need a place to have fun, instead of getting tubed all the time.

I truly think that we need another COD4 server just like Beginners but take out the airstrikes, the helo, 3 nades, sniper guns (Use only M4 and AK47),

and make it just a rifle shooter instead of all the other stuff.  Turn off UAV. 

We need a true Beginners server that is more fun to play.  Without tubes and the other BS.  Just a good rifle shooter.

• Like 1

Well, now I feel dull. I was looking at the idea of a modded server as a means to provide better tools for admining and social interaction xD

This would be ideal. More options like the ability to mute, put teams whatever. Get rid of that shitty auto-assign setup we have now. It's useless as f*** for evening teams. An option to lock team selection or to shuffle players would be awesome, because watching one side win 10 maps in a row is both boring and tends to kill the server pretty fast.

As for game types: zombies might be fun. TDM tends to be the most popular game type out there. Limitations on perks might make people hesitant. Generally the less restrictions the better for the server. Hardcore vs Normal settings would need to be thought about. Normal isn't too bad, but it gets infested with nothing but Quickscoping and LMGs in a hurry. HC has always been our breadwinner.

Star wars would be cool, but it really caters to a specific type of player. Be nice if there was some sort of WW2 option, because that really seems to be popular amongst most FPS players. Either way I might make a return to gaming more if we get some options that really help make things fun. Really loved beginners but people constantly bitching and whining over tubes and ls, or stacking teams is a bit of a deterrent these days. 

@smoke - That pretty much sounds like promod. No perks, basic weapons, no heli/airstrikes. Pretty sure we tried promod and it failed.

• Like 2

I still like to go out to Gametracker and look at the top 25 servers and see what they are doing to make their servers so popular. Being in the USA I focus mainly on these for connection reason and I still find one of my favorite to visit from time to time is the #1 server for some reason.  Just now I looked and I see some servers listed as Cracked or high jump servers.  I've played hide and seek as well as zombies which are fun, but I don't know if I could spend all my gaming time there.  I love the idea of Smoke's maps that open up more.  Heck I'd even play that damn cargo ship map if I could go into the ship like in the game itself. In another post http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/76412-something-new-for-abner/ I mentioned something about some of the changes I've seen that seem to make these servers popular.  I am not suggesting copying them, but I think we should explore what is popular in the COD4 community in order to create something that people will want to play.

openwarfare mod was like ET but i see that the group is no longer active 

mod is still avaible afaik. but there should be no messaging system like et because the /tell command is not avaible anymore.

imo b3 is a nice admin tool.