COD4 Modded server

daredevil

Well none had anyone playing then it means no one likes it OR Else why wouldn't be any player on it!

Well first thing first. If we would like to keep our COD4 community alive, we need to do what first top 30 servers are doing. The first thing I see common is "cracked" server. Then what's next? Gametype? HC OR Regular? Modded or not modded?

Oh I agree with that, just trying to give you any info I could :D  Modded indeed

Hardcore definitely. I think the biggest thing we need, is new maps to play. Introduce new maps, and draw more of a crowd. 

• Like 2

Okay the #1 server is a cracked server and it runs the majority of maps maybe limiting just a few for switching out from time to time.  It is hardcore TDM and some of the things they've done to it are simple.  They have made it where you can run through your team mates so there is no blocking.  They made it so that you can call in your helicopter even if there is an enemy chopper already in the air.  The same with airstrikes.  An enemy airstrike doesn't prevent you from launching your own.  However you cannot launch your airstrike or chopper if a team mate is launching theirs.  Lastly if you get something like eight or ten kills in a row you get what is called a predator strike.  In the single mode game there was a part where you were in an aircraft and you direct a laser guided missile to enemy positions to support ground troupes.  This is what you get in this server.  A message comes up stating to press your "use key" to call in a predator strike.  Once you do it takes you to an aerial view of the map with square dots representing enemy troupes moving around.  You have to guide your missile to them and you can get 3 to 7 kills with it.  It is like guiding an airstrike to exactly where the players are.  However if you don't use this option quickly when you get it then it disappears.  You cannot carry it or keep it until you get ready.  You have a window of opportunity to use it and after a certain time it goes away. The other thing I noticed about this server is that it seems to be faster as if they sped up the pace the players move.  I could be wrong and it may just seem faster because you are not constantly blocked by team mates.  I'm not sure about this. That is all I've seen that these guys have done and to date it is the most popular server out there.

• Like 5

Those sound like helpful features. Not crazy over even more killstreak options. Nothing more annoying than getting stuck on a terrible team and getting hit by an AS 2+ times in a row. Can imagine what it would be like with a team of really good players constantly getting these predator strikes.

Would also like to see other options to help make everyone's lives better. The ability to lock teams would be groovy. Auto assign only. Maybe curb a lot of those days where only one side wins for 6-7 hours because an odd few don't know how to not play marines only.

And if it exists, maybe some sort of mute ability. No worry then of having to kick douchebags when we can piss'em off by not letting them talk. Hah. Too bad there wasn't a shuffle command. That would be even better.

• Like 1

Okay the #1 server is a cracked server and it runs the majority of maps maybe limiting just a few for switching out from time to time.  It is hardcore TDM and some of the things they've done to it are simple.  They have made it where you can run through your team mates so there is no blocking.  They made it so that you can call in your helicopter even if there is an enemy chopper already in the air.  The same with airstrikes.  An enemy airstrike doesn't prevent you from launching your own.  However you cannot launch your airstrike or chopper if a team mate is launching theirs.  Lastly if you get something like eight or ten kills in a row you get what is called a predator strike.  In the single mode game there was a part where you were in an aircraft and you direct a laser guided missile to enemy positions to support ground troupes.  This is what you get in this server.  A message comes up stating to press your "use key" to call in a predator strike.  Once you do it takes you to an aerial view of the map with square dots representing enemy troupes moving around.  You have to guide your missile to them and you can get 3 to 7 kills with it.  It is like guiding an airstrike to exactly where the players are.  However if you don't use this option quickly when you get it then it disappears.  You cannot carry it or keep it until you get ready.  You have a window of opportunity to use it and after a certain time it goes away. The other thing I noticed about this server is that it seems to be faster as if they sped up the pace the players move.  I could be wrong and it may just seem faster because you are not constantly blocked by team mates.  I'm not sure about this. That is all I've seen that these guys have done and to date it is the most popular server out there.

I do believe I know which server you are talking about, and I do enjoy playing on that one. It is nice to see different things going on.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Any idea on how to get that on our servers? I mean what mod they use? If its custom made for their own servers we are out of luck but if it's generic we can use it as well.

Any idea on how to get that on our servers? I mean what mod they use? If its custom made for their own servers we are out of luck but if it's generic we can use it as well.

Tried to connect to the server I normally play on for that, and it's timing out. So I will try and find out and let you know .

• 2 weeks later...

They got a Facebook page and they discuss some of their server info, I am not a techy so I have no idea what I am looking for ;)  Just a thought to check it out.  I think it would be a good attempt to revive by changing to this type of server (the one Snake mentioned).  Sid, you are always on the team with the short bus, so no matter the server style you will be trapped on endless killstreaks for the other guy ;)  If you want, I will be bold and brave and make contact with them to see how friendly they are to share ideas.  I did that with another Clan and it was fruitful.  Send me a PM if I have the go ahead.  Always willing to help.

Ok, I just tried it today and LOVE IT!!  Gamespeed is a tick faster, UAV takes getting used too.  You report cheaters through their Facebook page (weird, but cool), not sure where their server is but it is pretty smooth for a cracked server. I think this would be a great idea, Snake you da man for looking into it.  Offer still stands to reach out and learn a bit if I have Leaders permission.

Diggity

Edited by Diggity
  • Like 1

• Administrators

They got a Facebook page and they discuss some of their server info, I am not a techy so I have no idea what I am looking for ;)  Just a thought to check it out.  I think it would be a good attempt to revive by changing to this type of server (the one Snake mentioned).  Sid, you are always on the team with the short bus, so no matter the server style you will be trapped on endless killstreaks for the other guy ;)  If you want, I will be bold and brave and make contact with them to see how friendly they are to share ideas.  I did that with another Clan and it was fruitful.  Send me a PM if I have the go ahead.  Always willing to help.

Ok, I just tried it today and LOVE IT!!  Gamespeed is a tick faster, UAV takes getting used too.  You report cheaters through their Facebook page (weird, but cool), not sure where their server is but it is pretty smooth for a cracked server. I think this would be a great idea, Snake you da man for looking into it.  Offer still stands to reach out and learn a bit if I have Leaders permission.

Diggity

Go ahead please. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

They also have a web site that lists their servers but I never found any specifics on it when I tried researching it.  I think it is one they personally modified, but I am not 100% sure.  I researched it for about an hour one night and finally gave up.  I didn't try to contact them though.  We'll let Diggity do that. It is funny that they have several servers listed on their site and only this one seems to be their COD4 server.  I think the others are COD2 servers.