ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

3 hours ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

request add back this map in future👍

Pretty sure this map is/was on Jay2. Different crowds like different maps hence why certain maps are added/removed on Jay1 to keep the regulars happy, suggestions never hurt though. 

sandstorm_beta3.pk3  or  sandstorm_beta2.pk3

Did we look at Sandstorm yet...it's  great map that we had here before.

Buckwild put it up here. for the file.

• 3 weeks later...

Could we get rid off Tramfight and Hotchkiss? Replace with Paris Bastille and Resurrection. Both should be in the server files.

E: also Baserace isn't really suited for a large server IMO. I haven't seen a fight where a team gets to upgrade their fortress properly. Just too many players to shoot the thieves.

Edited by CptQwark

11 hours ago, CptQwark said:

Could we get rid off Tramfight and Hotchkiss? Replace with Paris Bastille and Resurrection. Both should be in the server files.

E: also Baserace isn't really suited for a large server IMO. I haven't seen a fight where a team gets to upgrade their fortress properly. Just too many players to shoot the thieves.

Hotchkiss is the best map actually🙂, better get rid off warbell instead

warbell and tramfight are the most downvoted map, almost reach 100 downvote

10 minutes ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

Hotchkiss is the best map actually🙂, better get rid off warbell instead

It just feels like a mess with so many players. Kinda same with beach invasion, but maybe thats just me.

13 minutes ago, tipsy said:

Seems you are on wrong server then. 

Part of the issue is the constantly unbalanced teams. Last time I played hotchkiss the allied team could hardly leave their spawn. The central area doesn't have enough covers or routes if the axis are setting up a camp.

But true, I've played most of my years on servers with ~30 players. There isn't really many options these days though. It's the ultra popular servers or the ones with omnibots filling half the team. Doesn't change the fact that some maps work better with less players (and some with more).

P.S. I think Tramfight could work better if the axis had longer respawn timer.

• Thanks 1

tramfight is garbage map and yes axis spawn time should be longer ..agree. 

Most of maps on jay1 are frags map, but that's just my thought.  I seen allies stack up with noobs and axis with good players . So it mostly end up allies defending and axis attacking. Shufflekills mostly fix up things, but then again an admin is needed to run the command. 

Edited by tipsy
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I will say Jay 1 is short of admins who can !shuff. Tram is down kill for server especially playing as allies. Jay 1 needs an update, but I myself can't think of anything we haven't tried. If minas could be fixed, I'd say there is a decent number of players who wouldn't mind seeing it back over Tram. 

• Platinum VIP

People blowing doors before other doors are blown. If that makes sense. They blow doors out of order..

• 100 1

2 hours ago, nAbish said:

People blowing doors before other doors are blown. If that makes sense. They blow doors out of order..

Well that is banable offense. That map need babysitting sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Administrators
On 2/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, CptQwark said:

I am actually going to change the spawn times for that one. 

This weekend map changes will follow.. so feel free to suggest what ever you need. 

Format is pinned on the top of topic. I will ignore, incorrect format request. 

image.png

• Thanks 1