ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 6:08 AM, daredevil said:

et_mor2_night_final,0,64,
supplydepot2,0,40,
fueldump,0,36,
sp_delivery_te,0,40,
pirates,0,64,
et_beach,0,64,
fa_italy_b3,0,64,
fa_bremen_final,0,40,
adlernest,0,40,
mlb_hotchkiss, 28, 54,
etdo1,26,64,
fa_oasis_b3,0,64,
bba0-beta2,14,64,
river_port,0,64,
venice_ne4,0,64,
etdo6,36,64,
goldrush-gals,0,64,
mlb_carnage,0,64,
fa_temple,18, 44,
decay_b7,0,40,
baserace,0,38,
warbell,30,64,
kerkyra,0,64,
UJE_00,30,64,
radar,0,30,
mml_minastirith_fp3,32,64,

The server is running a lot of very good and high quality maps, good game play, and fair admins, attracting a lot of players. Every night we have full house.
It is however visible, that some of the maps we play, are not as popular as we might expect. I think it has something to do with the maps being played too many times, offering not enough new experiences.

Many players remain on the server and endure these maps, some leave temporary when these maps appear. I am getting really tired of a few maps, I have listed them bellow. Venice, Warbell and Goldrush are classic maps, very well made and fun. But in my opinion they appear too often on our servers and deserve a longer break.

There exist many other well made and popular maps that offer many new fun experiences which the classic ones do not. Therefore I have made a list bellow with maps I think we can safely and temporary replace with other good, well made classic excellent maps.

These are only a suggestion, I checked our map-database and there are many many good maps there that we can also take from. I have personally a lot of fun experiences with the maps that I suggest here, which is why I can guarantee that they are really good:

I suggest to replace following maps:
bba0-beta2 
adlernest
sp_delivery_te
venice_ne4 
goldrush-gals
warbell
kerkyra
UJE_00

With these big maps:
Transmitter
MLB Daybreak
MLB Bayraid

Glider 3.0.2.

Axis Lab Final
Navarone
Tram Siege
Castle Attack Beta 3

Tiger 1.1.0
Security Radar 3 Final

And these smaller ones:

Goldfinger Snow

Troop Train 1.2.0

Looking forward to hear what you think!
🙂

Afterthought: I wish there existed a plugin for ET servers and players, where all players could rate their maps in ET, and the server would read that list and calculate on an average which maps are popular by the players in game and with an algorithm select the next map in the campaign, based as well on server settings and preferences. That would be the best way to guarantee satisfying many players.

I don't agree with Cake's conclusion here:

On 4/30/2022 at 4:20 AM, the cake is a lie said:

What about Minas do you think doesn’t work well with a lower player count?

The map objectives are entirely linear and it has only one path forward for most of the map. I have seen it play well with 16-36 humans many times. If anything the congestion with 40+ players at the 3rd, 4th, and 6th barriers make it too stagnant and dull.

It is true that in Minas some places can get stuck, partly due to many players. But the good thing about Minas, is that the timelimit always changes based on each gate. Every time one team i stuck, it will only be stuck maximum 10 minutes. This is a very genius and simple idea from the mapper.
It is true that it is a linear map in this sense, but it takes the linear-form to another level. The parts where a team is often stuck, in most cases it either leads the attacking team to fight very hard and finally break through, or it leads the defending team to avoid the attackers from entering the next stage and thereby winning the map.

I always find the "stuck" parts the most enjoyable, there is never any frustration. I think many other players share this view, which is why the map is quite popular. Therefore I think that it is a dynamic and linear map, which works well for many players.
But it is true it deserves updates on many dimensions. 🙂

Edited by tyrlop
New idea + response to Cake.

40 minutes ago, tyrlop said:

Every time one team i stuck, it will only be stuck maximum 10 minutes

What I often see is either Axis gets stuck at the first inner gate (usually still fun, there are multiple paths in this area) or Axis blazes through the outer gate and the inner levels 2, 3, 4, and 5 gates and then get stuck for 20-25 minutes at the kill box gate 6 (not fun after about 5 minutes imo). Also, I can dig up demos of people leaving the server in droves when minas comes on as well as at the sticking points. Like many maps, it is only popular with a sub-set of players.

The stock map script in the mml_minastirith_fp3.pk3 doesn't have growing map time limit (or the jump barrier up from the gate 5 area). The custom script being used doesn't safely accumulate the map time so the map can end early by the right (or wrong) sequence of gate destructions after people skip gates. In addition to fixing that, the map script could be modified so that the amount time is extended at each gate depends on how much total time is remaining. (It's slightly tricky but doable.)

-----

The people I see complain about or downvote bba0-beta2 (CTF) are usually MG42 players. (Also would we ever get to see Hubsan on the server if we took away bba0?) Personally I like that there are some balanced, symmetric, and mutual attack maps like bba0 and baserace in rotation. Is there another CTF gametype map that can handle 54 players that you think would work well? I can't think of any at the moment but I don't know the pantheon of ET maps as well as others.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tyrlop said:

The server is running a lot of very good and high quality maps, good game play, and fair admins, attracting a lot of players. Every night we have full house.
It is however visible, that some of the maps we play, are not as popular as we might expect. I think it has something to do with the maps being played too many times, offering not enough new experiences.

Many players remain on the server and endure these maps, some leave temporary when these maps appear. I am getting really tired of a few maps, I have listed them bellow. Venice, Warbell and Goldrush are classic maps, very well made and fun. But in my opinion they appear too often on our servers and deserve a longer break.

There exist many other well made and popular maps that offer many new fun experiences which the classic ones do not. Therefore I have made a list bellow with maps I think we can safely and temporary replace with other good, well made classic excellent maps.

These are only a suggestion, I checked our map-database and there are many many good maps there that we can also take from. I have personally a lot of fun experiences with the maps that I suggest here, which is why I can guarantee that they are really good:

I suggest to replace following maps:
bba0-beta2 
adlernest
sp_delivery_te
venice_ne4 
goldrush-gals
warbell
kerkyra
UJE_00

With these big maps:
Transmitter
MLB Daybreak
MLB Bayraid

Glider 3.0.2.

Axis Lab Final
Navarone
Tram Siege
Castle Attack Beta 3

Tiger 1.1.0
Security Radar 3 Final

And these smaller ones:

Goldfinger Snow

Troop Train 1.2.0

Looking forward to hear what you think!
🙂

Afterthought: I wish there existed a plugin for ET servers and players, where all players could rate their maps in ET, and the server would read that list and calculate on an average which maps are popular by the players in game and with an algorithm select the next map in the campaign, based as well on server settings and preferences. That would be the best way to guarantee satisfying many players.

I don't agree with Cake's conclusion here:

It is true that in Minas some places can get stuck, partly due to many players. But the good thing about Minas, is that the timelimit always changes based on each gate. Every time one team i stuck, it will only be stuck maximum 10 minutes. This is a very genius and simple idea from the mapper.
It is true that it is a linear map in this sense, but it takes the linear-form to another level. The parts where a team is often stuck, in most cases it either leads the attacking team to fight very hard and finally break through, or it leads the defending team to avoid the attackers from entering the next stage and thereby winning the map.

I always find the "stuck" parts the most enjoyable, there is never any frustration. I think many other players share this view, which is why the map is quite popular. Therefore I think that it is a dynamic and linear map, which works well for many players.
But it is true it deserves updates on many dimensions. 🙂

I believe MLB Daybreak and Glider have a HUGE issue

Transmitter is one of the worst map in Jaymod server because these big double jump

or maybe suggest add these 3 maps for you

FA Egypt

Praetoria Mission One

ETDO4

Edited by SuperNewNewbie
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

24 minutes ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

Transmitter is one of the worst map in Jaymod server because these big double jump

FA Egypt

Praetoria Mission One

ETDO4

Daybreak has an issue with the tank if I remember correctly. Causes the server to crash. It’s one of my favorite maps and is good with a lot of people. 

I’m all for Praetoria 1 and 2. Really fun maps. Not sure if there would be an issue with 25 vs 25. I’ve played them both with 14-16 people on each team and there were no complaints. 

• 100 1

If there is a push to get goldrush removed (I personally think it would be better to stay as it is one of the more consistently enjoyed maps) then I think adding back Teuthonia_Final for some time could be good. Main complaint I remember seeing when it was on the server was that Allies very rarely win, but that is also the case with GoldRush and they have a pretty similar layout.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

4 hours ago, Dizmal said:

If there is a push to get goldrush removed (I personally think it would be better to stay as it is one of the more consistently enjoyed maps) then I think adding back Teuthonia_Final for some time could be good. Main complaint I remember seeing when it was on the server was that Allies very rarely win, but that is also the case with GoldRush and they have a pretty similar layout.

I prefer add AXS

8 hours ago, the cake is a lie said:

What I often see is either Axis gets stuck at the first inner gate (usually still fun, there are multiple paths in this area) or Axis blazes through the outer gate and the inner levels 2, 3, 4, and 5 gates and then get stuck for 20-25 minutes at the kill box gate 6 (not fun after about 5 minutes imo). Also, I can dig up demos of people leaving the server in droves when minas comes on as well as at the sticking points. Like many maps, it is only popular with a sub-set of players.

The stock map script in the mml_minastirith_fp3.pk3 doesn't have growing map time limit (or the jump barrier up from the gate 5 area). The custom script being used doesn't safely accumulate the map time so the map can end early by the right (or wrong) sequence of gate destructions after people skip gates. In addition to fixing that, the map script could be modified so that the amount time is extended at each gate depends on how much total time is remaining. (It's slightly tricky but doable.)

My experience from the server is that the time is short, each time a gate explodes the Axis get 8 to 10 minutes, not 25? Maybe the script on our server has been updated? If not I think it would be a good idea to work on a script so that it can work for the server. It shouldn't be so difficult. Also a good opportunity for our community's mappers to get involved and improve this brilliant map. It can easily get much better, as you say, with more paths. Even though I think there are quite a lot of paths.

I agree that the after the last gate, it is also the most difficult. But overall the whole experience of the map makes it one of the most original, intense and fun maps in ET.
The map do have quite a few "haters" who dislike the map. I can understand it, the map is very untraditional in its concept and design, making it easy to dislike. On the other hand there are also a lot of people who love it.

I didn't know about people being able to skip gates? This can certainly be fixed by inserting invisble walls/"clip". 

8 hours ago, the cake is a lie said:

The people I see complain about or downvote bba0-beta2 (CTF) are usually MG42 players. (Also would we ever get to see Hubsan on the server if we took away bba0?) Personally I like that there are some balanced, symmetric, and mutual attack maps like bba0 and baserace in rotation. Is there another CTF gametype map that can handle 54 players that you think would work well? I can't think of any at the moment but I don't know the pantheon of ET maps as well as others.

I do complain about it being played a lot. I am not an MG42 player? Are there many of those ? (I havn't met any)

It is not a bad map, but very different than any other ET map, even Minas. Minas is a multi dimensional map, despite being linear. BBA0 is a non-linear but also one-dimensional map with the most shallow objective possible. ET is an objective and team play driven game, let's remember that.

I think that is the reason why many people dislike BBA0. Often I see that many people quit the game when this map comes, teams would often shrink from 27 on each team to 17 each, which means a 20 player drop. This map also has a lot of fans, and I have a feeling many clan members like it? Maybe it brings some Quake vibes back.

Baserace on the other hand is a very good map, it share similarities with BBA0, but is so much more original and fun than BBA0. So why don't we play Baserace more often on the server? Have we tried playing it on a full house 27+27 night? I have a feeling it would be fun.

I remember another similar map, that we can also consider as a replacement option, not sure if it is this one, but it was very popular some years ago, its basically a billiard game.

How many months have we had BBA0 running? I hope we can change it for some time, or give it a months break or two, the same with the other maps I mentioned. They are good maps, but need a break now, as they have been played a lot for a long time on this server.

7 hours ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

FA Egypt

Praetoria Mission One

ETDO4

It's very ad that Daybreak and Glider has issues, is it something that can be fixed? These two maps are really brilliant, specially Daybreak which is a huge map!
We can consider making a Jaymod version of Transmitter, by adding invisible walls where people would often double jump to bypass the objective?

6 hours ago, Dizmal said:

I am suggesting it to be removed temporarily, or at least to scale downs its frequency, so that it is played at least half the time it is being played now. It is a great map, but it plays too often on the server, also given that it has such a good reputation that nobody dares to remove it. How many months has it been on the server?

I havn't played Teuthonia very much to be able to recommend it myself, but if it is a high quality map, then I think our admins should consider it as well as the other maps suggested.

Generally if would be good if the maps would change more frequently, say every week. Or to have two campaigns running, one for every second day, one for Sunday and one for Saturday. This way players always have something new to come back to.

1 hour ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

I prefer add AXS

Do you mean this one? I don't know at all, is it good?

I don't know this map.

I was looking into Security Radar Final 3, which is a classic and very fun map, and I found some screenshots:
image.png.ca88c1180cd1880b9fc8022a47bb0393.png

image.png.4fea65f929e07f0b631b6435ca7ef3c2.pngimage.png.75369408872f6b2c41c437992b3a6004.png
Does anyone else remember playing this great map? It's really an advanced map. I found the screenshots here, there are more and a detailed description of all the elements and functions in the map, but it is in German. 
Edited by tyrlop
Added screenshots

11 hours ago, tyrlop said:

My experience from the server is that the time is short, each time a gate explodes the Axis get 8 to 10 minutes, not 25? Maybe the script on our server has been updated? If not I think it would be a good idea to work on a script so that it can work for the server. It shouldn't be so difficult. Also a good opportunity for our community's mappers to get involved and improve this brilliant map. It can easily get much better, as you say, with more paths. Even though I think there are quite a lot of paths.

I agree that the after the last gate, it is also the most difficult. But overall the whole experience of the map makes it one of the most original, intense and fun maps in ET.
The map do have quite a few "haters" who dislike the map. I can understand it, the map is very untraditional in its concept and design, making it easy to dislike. On the other hand there are also a lot of people who love it.

I didn't know about people being able to skip gates? This can certainly be fixed by inserting invisble walls/"clip". 

I do complain about it being played a lot. I am not an MG42 player? Are there many of those ? (I havn't met any)

It is not a bad map, but very different than any other ET map, even Minas. Minas is a multi dimensional map, despite being linear. BBA0 is a non-linear but also one-dimensional map with the most shallow objective possible. ET is an objective and team play driven game, let's remember that.

I think that is the reason why many people dislike BBA0. Often I see that many people quit the game when this map comes, teams would often shrink from 27 on each team to 17 each, which means a 20 player drop. This map also has a lot of fans, and I have a feeling many clan members like it? Maybe it brings some Quake vibes back.

Baserace on the other hand is a very good map, it share similarities with BBA0, but is so much more original and fun than BBA0. So why don't we play Baserace more often on the server? Have we tried playing it on a full house 27+27 night? I have a feeling it would be fun.

I remember another similar map, that we can also consider as a replacement option, not sure if it is this one, but it was very popular some years ago, its basically a billiard game.

How many months have we had BBA0 running? I hope we can change it for some time, or give it a months break or two, the same with the other maps I mentioned. They are good maps, but need a break now, as they have been played a lot for a long time on this server.

It's very ad that Daybreak and Glider has issues, is it something that can be fixed? These two maps are really brilliant, specially Daybreak which is a huge map!
We can consider making a Jaymod version of Transmitter, by adding invisible walls where people would often double jump to bypass the objective?

I am suggesting it to be removed temporarily, or at least to scale downs its frequency, so that it is played at least half the time it is being played now. It is a great map, but it plays too often on the server, also given that it has such a good reputation that nobody dares to remove it. How many months has it been on the server?

I havn't played Teuthonia very much to be able to recommend it myself, but if it is a high quality map, then I think our admins should consider it as well as the other maps suggested.

Generally if would be good if the maps would change more frequently, say every week. Or to have two campaigns running, one for every second day, one for Sunday and one for Saturday. This way players always have something new to come back to.

Do you mean this one? I don't know at all, is it good?

I don't know this map.

I was looking into Security Radar Final 3, which is a classic and very fun map, and I found some screenshots:
image.png.ca88c1180cd1880b9fc8022a47bb0393.png

image.png.4fea65f929e07f0b631b6435ca7ef3c2.pngimage.png.75369408872f6b2c41c437992b3a6004.png
Does anyone else remember playing this great map? It's really an advanced map. I found the screenshots here, there are more and a detailed description of all the elements and functions in the map, but it is in German. 

AXS is another version of Gold Rush

About the Transmitter,  Allies can lower the ladders switch from the lower side with double jump. better fix it so Allies can't touch it with double jump

Edited by SuperNewNewbie

8 hours ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

AXS is another version of Gold Rush

About the Transmitter,  Allies can lower the ladders switch from the lower side with double jump. better fix it so Allies can't touch it with double jump

If the teams are off at all in axis's favor, then the first stage can become near impossible w/o the ability to dj to lower that ladder.  Arty, mortar, mg, and easy hiding spots for the axis can make crossing that bridge incredibly hard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 11:23 AM, SuperNewNewbie said:

request this super big map, enjoy👍

This seems like a really fun map, yes. But Buckwild has earlier said that there was a crash-problem with the map. I wonder if it can be fixed though?

6 minutes ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

another request 

Axis Main obj

Destroy the Light Tower, Comm Bunker Control and the Anti Ship Gun

better go 0 to 40 player

For the amount of players jay1 gets at it's peak hours, this map would be horrible to play as teams can camp high ground. Would be no different to MLB Temple.

• 100 1