ET: Xreal Edition

Krusnik87

Was wondering if anyone was running this graphic mod?

ETXreaL is a graphics mod for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory using the enhanced XreaL id Tech 3 GPL engine.

I'm downloading it right now to give a try. 

Here the link  http://www.moddb.com/mods/etxreal

(why didn't i post a new topic in the download section? Because it says "you cannot start a new topic".)

• Like 2

Mod looks really nice, Love the textures and the shaders.

Yet I prefer low textures, low shaders... no shadows etc. more smooth gameplay and better FPS. :P

• Like 1

• Leader

Well i guess i failed to install it, 'cause everytime i launch it, I get a crappy error -_-

If we are to help you, then you must post more exact technical information on the error statement.  What kind of "crappy error" was it?  Was it bull-crap, chicken-crap, goose-crap, Windows-crap, Intel-crap or some form of no-ID-crap?  The very worst kind is oh-crap-I-screwed-it-up-myself-crap.

• Like 4

Going to test it today, I'll give you further info. I thing I'll make new cfg just for xreal et :D

Thanks for info Krusnik :)

Th3o

It doesn't work on most maps, I tried it in an attempt to fix an FPS issue a few months back.

• Like 1

This error appears while loading beach map, R_InitImages: could not load 'gfx/2d/camera/grain.png'

• Like 1

If we are to help you, then you must post more exact technical information on the error statement.  What kind of "crappy error" was it?  Was it bull-crap, chicken-crap, goose-crap, Windows-crap, Intel-crap or some form of no-ID-crap?  The very worst kind is oh-crap-I-screwed-it-up-myself-crap.

<== I think it's the last one :)

This error appears while loading beach map, R_InitImages: could not load 'gfx/2d/camera/grain.png'

I do have it too : R_InitImages: could not load 'gfx/2d/camera/grain.png'

But it seems to be on all map and all server :s Seems to be (according to different forum) due to a crap while installing... :s

All those people who are working on diffrent mods for et should unite and work on one mod which would revive et to it's old state.

Doing mods in separate way reaveals lot's of errors and bugs. Et legacy, et Xreal and others have their own sites and forums for reporting all errors.

I guess time will show what will happen with it. As for now those mods are not worth anything. We even hesitate to try them.

Th3o

Edit:

I managed to run it somehow... About fps thing, it's terrible. For me it's like they made a port from console game to pc(and I have quite strong pc)

They added new cvars and they mess with old ones. Also compatibility with other mods is just hillarious...

Edited by Th3ory
  • Like 2

i'd love it if it were more compatible. is it even possible to play online? or just offline w/ bots? doesnt matter i guess, skipping until perfect :P