Hockey - Olympics

meow

Hockey - Olympics  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win Gold in hockey?

• Canada
    • Russia
    • USA
    • Sweden
    • Finland
    • Slovakia
    • Czech Republic
    • Switzerland

Alright, so here we go. Who will win Gold in hockey at the Olympics? Vote in the poll and explain your choice or tell us which team you are cheering for!

I'm sorry if I didn't put Slovenia, Austria, Norway and Latvia but there's just no way they can win.

My predictions:

Gold: Canada

Silver: Russia

Bronze: USA/Sweden

I didn't just pick Canada because I'm Canadian, but simply because if you look at every team's roster, Canada has the best. But anything can happen in this kind of tournament. If you have a bad game, you might be eliminated.

Canada's weakness will be their goalies. Let's just hope Price and Luongo can step it up. Strong offense and strong defense.

Russia, as always, is a strong team and will be powered up playing in their own country.

USA, Sweden and Finland each have a good team as well. But Finland will be without 2 of their best players and Sweden will not have one of the Sedin twin. Even though they have good goalies, I think they might not be able to win. USA on the other end, has 2 strong goalies (Quick/Miller) and have a pretty strong roster. I think they should be able to grab a medal.

Slovakia and the Czech Republic have good teams. But I feel like they're missing the pieces to make it to a medal.

Finally, Switzerland...they're always causing trouble by winning against the teams they shouldn't. So don't count them out just yet!

But like I said, anything can happen in this kind of tournament!

GO CANADA GO!

• Like 2

1. Finland

2. Sweden

3. USA

4. Russia

Im from Finland and even we lost our two bigggest NHL point man whe have still very good team and many many underrated players like Granlund, Barkov, Kontiola, Lehterä, Komorav, J. Jokinen, O.Jokinen, T. Selänne and we have good defenders too like, Timonen, Määttä and Salo and best goalies Rask, Lehtonen and Niemi who all can be our MVP and tournament best goalie. Finnish biggest strenght in every tournament is good team play and whole team defence and attack and great goalie game! Even that we lost Captains Saku and Mikko Koivu we have still big leaders in team. We can win this tournament!

Sweden team biggest strenght is defenders but how is attack game?

USA have good goalie, attack and defence game but how is leadership. Where is veteran players!

Russian have good attack game, decent  defence game and good goalies. But how is team game? Are we see solo hockey?

Yeah i know i not choose Canada but i think they have little bit problems play in big ice and how they can keep everyone happy when everyone is first line player in own NHL team! I was very happy that Canada choose Martin St. Louis in team and that player can maybe raise Canada in medal game.

Leijonat kultaan!!

• Like 1

Yeah i know i not choose Canada but i think they have little bit problems play in big ice and how they can keep everyone happy when everyone is first line player in own NHL team! I was very happy that Canada choose Martin St. Louis in team and that player can maybe raise Canada in medal game.

Yeah, I know Canada usually have problems on big ice, but I think they learned from the past and they seem to have chosen more fast players this year. I think the players understand that they can't all be on the first line and that they might have different roles to play on the team.

Canada vs Finland next sunday Feb 16!!! :P

That game will probably decide who will finish first in Group B!

The first games were played today and here are the results!

Czech Republic 2 - 4 Sweden
Latvia 0 - 1 Switzerland

Rankings so far:
Group A:

1. RUS - 0
  2. SLO - 0
  3. SVK - 0
  4. USA - 0

Group B:

1. AUT - 0
  2. CAN - 0
  3. FIN - 0
  4. NOR - 0

Group C:

1. SWE - 3
  2. SUI - 3
  3. LAT - 0
  4. CZE - 0
  • Like 1

Austria 4 - 8 Finland

Nice hatrick by Grabner from Austria :)

Vatanen and Granlund was played great game! Yeah one past mistake for Vatanen but that happen time to time to all players. Rask games was little bit poor and he must be better in Canada game! Lehtonen will play against Norway tomorrow.

My three starts of Finland - Austria game

1. Mikeal Granlund (FIN)

2. Sami Vatanen (FIN)

3. Michael Grabner (AUT)

• Like 1

2nd days results!

Finland 8 - 4 Austria
Russia 5 - 2 Slovenia

Slovakia 1 - 7 United States

Canada 3 - 1 Norway

Rankings so far:
Group A:

1. USA - 3
  2. RUS - 3
  3. SLO - 0
  4. SVK - 0

Group B:

1. FIN - 3
  2. CAN - 3
  3. NOR - 0
  4. AUT - 0

Group C:

1. SWE - 3
  2. SUI - 3
  3. LAT - 0
  4. CZE - 0
  • Like 1

I think Russian will win the Olympics 

Why?

Bc they are strong and they playing at home. So they cannot blame themselves :P

yea, but they also have the added pressure of having to win at home. even Putin says the whole country is watching the team. if they fail...off to Siberia!!

...and Von Rantala, if Suomi puts Tuukka Rask in net against Canada, the Finns just might win. he's a tough goalie to beat.

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 3