Breaking Bad

parrot

returns July 15, 2012.

For anyone not familiar:

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

This show is one of my absolute favorites. The series could also be titled "A lesson in unintended consequences". Superb performances from the cast, and a gripping storyline. Compares favorably with "The Wire".

Edited by parrot

I really did not like this show. I forced myself to watch two seasons, but couldn't keep going after that.

• 1 month later...

I've watched all four seasons so far and every season it gets better and better, mostly thanks to Bryan Cranston. Season 5 starts in a few days.

Same here. Can't wait for fifth season!

• 1 month later...