Can players know they are being spectated?

Dak

A few times I have gone to spectate players that have incredible scores and once I start watching, they are terrible. I know this could be a coincidence but curious if there is a hack that allows players to know they are being spectated?

I wondered the same thing so I did my best on researching and couldn't find anything to suggest that these 'spectator hacks' exist for CoD.

Maybe those 'threat warning' hacks also work with spectator, if the way they can detect who can see you (for obvious reason I can't test it out :s)

I am sure some of the senior F|A admins stay up to speed on the latest hacks so they are better able to spot them? Maybe that is the role of the PunkBuster people?

AFAIK most hackers 'know' since they 'assume' it when someone starts complaining and/or an admin moves to spec. Also, since they know they are hackers, they are a lot more careful.

And I have no doubt you can enable/disable hacks on the fly.

• Like 1

Another question I have is when spectating, is there any way to know if the player you are spectating has UAV? Some blind through the wall kills can be legitimate if the team's UAV is active or if the player is shooting through a wall into high traffic areas or areas that are frequently camped.

Another question I have is when spectating, is there any way to know if the player you are spectating has UAV? Some blind through the wall kills can be legitimate if the team's UAV is active or if the player is shooting through a wall into high traffic areas or areas that are frequently camped.

AFAIK there's no way.. Which SUCKS. Just have to stay on the lookout for the UAV messages I guess :(

Press escape, join a team but choose no class and press escape again. So you hear if a team has UAV.

Also if u suspect someone wallhacking submit a demo in suspected cheater section, there is difference between UAV wallkill and wallhack. There is no way you can track someone thru wall with UAV.

Wouldn't /status work like /serverstatus does in ET? It would show the same score for the person specing as the person actually playing. Plus isn't there a /serverstatus command in cod4 also that does the same thing as in ET?

Wouldn't /status work like /serverstatus does in ET? It would show the same score for the person specing as the person actually playing. Plus isn't there a /serverstatus command in cod4 also that does the same thing as in ET?

/serverstatus is working but not like on ET (jaymod). you cant see if someone is specing you with this cmd on cod4.

I have wondered this too. I had a guy doing a little too well on vacant, so I started spectating him and shortly after that he layed in the grass in a low traffic area and just sat there not doing anything. A minute or so after I stopped he started playing again.

I have wondered this too. I had a guy doing a little too well on vacant, so I started spectating him and shortly after that he layed in the grass in a low traffic area and just sat there not doing anything. A minute or so after I stopped he started playing again.

Why were you spec'ing me, trying to learn my strategies? lol, JK!

Press escape, join a team but choose no class and press escape again. So you hear if a team has UAV.

Also if u suspect someone wallhacking submit a demo in suspected cheater section, there is difference between UAV wallkill and wallhack. There is no way you can track someone thru wall with UAV.

When you do this, does it take up a spot on a team basically leaving the team shorthanded?

When you do this, does it take up a spot on a team basically leaving the team shorthanded?

Yes, if you do this, you will count as a player in the team you chose.

I am pretty sure they know you are spectating.. I remember a guy advertising for a hack group and knew that I was speccing him... though there were 3 other AFKers