Can players know they are being spectated?

Dak

I publicly announce who I am spectating or give subtle hints of whom I'm spectating so that their performance does not go down. And I thought in COD you can see people on UAV if they are in a building... well at least I can. Doesn't work well with AS's.

I publicly announce who I am spectating or give subtle hints of whom I'm spectating so that their performance does not go down. And I thought in COD you can see people on UAV if they are in a building... well at least I can. Doesn't work well with AS's.

I think the general idea here is to spectate cheaters without them knowing because you would not care if someone who is clean knows that he is being watched. It is not so smart to say "Hey cheater I am spectating you now, please don't try to hide it".

I think the general idea here is to spectate cheaters without them knowing because you would not care if someone who is clean knows that he is being watched. It is not so smart to say "Hey cheater I am spectating you now, please don't try to hide it".

Yes, but I don't spectate cheaters because I am not admin neither do I know what I would be looking for. That is why it drives me up a wall when people say cheater. Also think of the situation counter-intuitively and with optimism. If you were to publicly announce that you are spectating, those that would be cheaters would be less opt to participate in such activities and save admin from having to kick and ban. Secondly, if the cheaters were dimwits (which they already are if they are cheating) and they continue to cheat after your announcement , they might slip. Because you are focused on a different person, they have no reason to suspect you are spectating them or someone else is spectating them. Just sayin...

Yes, but I don't spectate cheaters because I am not admin neither do I know what I would be looking for. That is why it drives me up a wall when people say cheater. Also think of the situation counter-intuitively and with optimism. If you were to publicly announce that you are spectating, those that would be cheaters would be less opt to participate in such activities and save admin from having to kick and ban. Secondly, if the cheaters were dimwits (which they already are if they are cheating) and they continue to cheat after your announcement , they might slip. Because you are focused on a different person, they have no reason to suspect you are spectating them or someone else is spectating them. Just sayin...

If a cheater leaves because he knows he is being watched, he will come back a while later, but if I waste 5 minutes to ban a cheater he is gone for good. Just sayin...

And yes, don't call cheaters out in public. You can report cheaters on forum (with demo) or directly to admins on your xfire list so that we can get rid of them and make the server enjoyable for everyone.

Gubbi, you be using my phrases. Just sayin...

And I understand your point. This is not an argument that I am going to win nor ever started out with the intention of winning. It was just merely and offering of my opinion and a way to view people from a different perspective.

As a sidenote and totally off topic, where is this website based? The time is an hour behind my time, which would make it in the Pacific Ocean somewhere to the left of the USA.

As a sidenote and totally off topic, where is this website based? The time is an hour behind my time, which would make it in the Pacific Ocean somewhere to the left of the USA.

You should be able to select your timezone when you edit your profile.

• Like 1

You should be able to select your timezone when you edit your profile.

Thank you. I know that I am pacific time, but it is saying that my time is mountain time.

Thank you. I know that I am pacific time, but it is saying that my time is mountain time.

Did you tick the setting "Automatically detect when my timezone is in DST" ?

there's no such thing as hacks turning off when being spectated. Just like rofl stated befor. They assume they are being spectated.

Unless its a free cheap hack which are usually detected, the hack can and will tell you when someones specing you. Some will also let you know if someone else in the game has the hack too and will even have its own private chat for you! If someones hacking or is good and has common sense, usually its not hard to tell when a admin suddently goes spec anyways. As for UAV kills or wallhacking, thats hard for cod4 because in ET we had the built in wallhack you could use while watching demos, this game doesnt have anything like that as far as i know. I don't even bother usually trying to decide if someone wallhacks, usually if they are walling they have the other goods too which are far more obvious but if you really wanna see if someone is walling just use the uav blocker and go hide in some far corner of the map and see if a nade falls on your head :P

there are 13 new hacks that came out over the past week , pb has identified the issues and already corrected the problem but the one they can catch i have seen on our kilbox server but he got busted cause he was tracking threw walls , but i am not allowed to post the links to the new sites there getting them but i have been researching them when i am not playing to know what to look for. if some says there on a mac and say they can't hack ,, they are lying i fount 14 hacks for mac and showed them to krayzie the things is they are all console commands , and one with outside manipulator, pb will catch them , but there are a lot , the other issue i fount is that hackers are getting there hands on a lot of guide and cd keys to keep hacking on the same server, had one admit it to me on xfire, it was osama bin ladin, there were two on killbox both got banned , and the one i though wasn't hacking told me a lot , i was going to tell him how to appeal, because he was the one that wasn't at the time , but come to find out he was , so me and krayzie kept finding him as he would keep coming back on under new names and cd keys and guide ,

as far as the spectating one there is one i fount today that is a high dollar wall hack that turns your hack off when being spectated, it is some code , as soon as i read more about it i will post how to get around it to get proof

Do the following:

1.Go to spectate

2.Hit esc and pick Choose team

3.Dont pick a weapon but just click back

Now you will be shown on the choosen teams side as alive smile.png

Discovered this by accident smile.png Good luck!!

yes i understand it holds a slot on the server but you are undetected in speccing a cheater they think you are still in game,

Edited by IKILLCAMPERS
  • Like 1

Unless its a free cheap hack which are usually detected, the hack can and will tell you when someones specing you. Some will also let you know if someone else in the game has the hack too and will even have its own private chat for you! If someones hacking or is good and has common sense, usually its not hard to tell when a admin suddently goes spec anyways. As for UAV kills or wallhacking, thats hard for cod4 because in ET we had the built in wallhack you could use while watching demos, this game doesnt have anything like that as far as i know. I don't even bother usually trying to decide if someone wallhacks, usually if they are walling they have the other goods too which are far more obvious but if you really wanna see if someone is walling just use the uav blocker and go hide in some far corner of the map and see if a nade falls on your head :P

Thanks Forsaken, very educational. I wonder if admins have ever installed a hack and gone into the game to see if it identifies others in the game with the hack?

Do the following:

1.Go to spectate

2.Hit esc and pick Choose team

3.Dont pick a weapon but just click back

Now you will be shown on the choosen teams side as alive smile.png

Discovered this by accident smile.png Good luck!!

yes i understand it holds a slot on the server but you are undetected in speccing a cheater they think you are still in game,

So does that also prevent the hackers from knowing ur spec'ing with the "high-dollar" cheat? Sorry, back to back comments lost me.

Also I've seen folks with a cheat that is normal when they use their rifle, but switches on only when they use their pistol. And another that the on off switch appears to be when then cycle their weapons. Just FYI.

So does that also prevent the hackers from knowing ur spec'ing with the "high-dollar" cheat? Sorry, back to back comments lost me.

Also I've seen folks with a cheat that is normal when they use their rifle, but switches on only when they use their pistol. And another that the on off switch appears to be when then cycle their weapons. Just FYI.

I've watched guys do the weapon cycle thing before and wondered what they were doing.