'light up' enemy?

Olykiller

Agreed.

?!?!? o.O Why not?

People can also change resolution and r_picmip and crosshair etc, so you are saying its not allowed either? :/ It's just normal 'tweaking', using settings you prefer to play with. Some people like to use very bright cfg, some darker.

Personally I have used this one for some time now: http://img802.images...uscfgsupply.jpg

Edit: Fail multiquote.

Edited by BossHK

• Clan Friend

r_ambientscale is locked, so it cannot be changed ingame, it's like r_shownormals etc. you just cannot join a game, and do /give all /god /r_shownormals 1 /noclip :)

as regards the config, my real config is way brighter, the 'block' effect is because I use r_textureMode "GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR" (I like to have a sharp crosshair), but when it comes to allowing/disallowing things I would like to say:

1. are you aware that FA used to (even with pb) allow much more stuff than it's normally allowed on etpro? low m_pitch? nonstandard m_yaw? low cl_maxpackets? cl_pitchspeed not zero? timenudge? ultrahigh com_maxfps? Just to quote some of them. So talking about allowing, well...

2. everyone can change those settings, saying 'this is not fair' is ok if it gives an advantage that is considered unacceptable, then it should be put in server config and limited, if one doesn't play a toy mod like jaymod, which doesn't even have forcecvar.

But if you say: 'I don't know how to write a config so let's ban all players with configs' is like saying 'I can't aim, so if you aim well it shouldn't be allowed'. If you are a dedicated player then you need to tweak your config and learn how to do it, now my problem is that I could maybe see my enemies well but I can't aim on them and I still lose... so imho we shouldn't overrate configs as if they were cheats, otherwise I would be high++

And you also allow people to use 30 maxpackets and warp all around, because 'its the default setting, it's your problem if you cannot hit them well' and a poor beginner doesn't know how to change it, so we cannot force them to 100. Yeah, then you see all the raters with 30 maxpackets who ignore you if you tell them to switch, and they pretend not to know what you are talking about... and they own you with 30 accuracy 'dude, it's the default, I am just better than you' ...ffs

I wouldn't really consider it cheating. I've played with many different cfg's in the past and with the settings used in these pictures you're at a disadvantage in area's with no map lighting as the players don't stand out at all. So yes in some area's players are greatly more visible but in other's you can barely see them at all. It really evens out the advantages -vs- the disadvantages in the end. A good medium between dark and bright is the best.

I wouldn't recommend a configuration like this for pubbing or you'll find many of the maps too dark.

Edited by InternetKiller

You mean, only allies would light up???!? If that is the case, the default value should be forced then. I could not consider it as a cheat as the server config might had been configured or its an existing ET bug that caused these values to be accepted by the server then.

• Clan Friend

You mean, only allies would light up???!? If that is the case, the default value should be forced then. I could not consider it as a cheat as the server config might had been configured or its an existing ET bug that caused these values to be accepted by the server then.

both allies and axis would be lighter, only difference is that axis wear darker uniforms

both allies and axis would be lighter, only difference is that axis wear darker uniforms

Well if that is the case, it should not be termed as cheating then as it is the server's config for that matter that was unlocked or configured to accept such cvar values. If the settings for that were "locked" and the player managed to change the values anyhow or forcefully, that would be cheating for me.

But come to think about it, IMHO if you have a good aim, good reflex, and good battlesenses, (regardless of enemies being lighted up) you won't need that "advantage". On the other hand, if you have a sore or bad aim, even if the enemies do light up, that "flaw" doesnt make you unkillable nor makes your aim a better one specially if the enemy is a good fragger.

This is no different from buying a monitor with faster refresh rate or monitor bigger in size to take advantage of, but this is me.

that screen in the begin of this topic is not from me, i use a bright cfg atm. I dont want to cheat or anything just tweak settings (who are allowed to tweak).

@BossHK is it possible you could send me your cfg? that is the exact thing id like to play with :)

@hobbit where do i find sheep's cfg? (antman version?)

@goku, again its not my cfg, its just a sreenshot from someone else

E: im talking about etpro, havent mentioned before.

Edited by Olykiller