First gun shopping.

Antichrist

Buds Shop has some Mosins as well.

http://www.budsgunsh...ts_id/411540201

There are some reviews and this video review too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rmVJYB3uDkc#!

I've been tempted to buy the Mosin elsewhere and have it shipped to an FFL dealer, but I'm not completely familiar with the process, and that package is $10 more, plus the $20+ FFL transfer fee, plus that package doesn't include the original oiler, which I'll receive from Gander.

The Mosin is going to be as much a historical display piece, as it will a functional shooting piece for me. And to have a complete package is important to me.

I'm also considering upgrading the entire package to the sniper version, which costs/is worth a little more.

I've been tempted to buy the Mosin elsewhere and have it shipped to an FFL dealer, but I'm not completely familiar with the process, and that package is $10 more, plus the $20+ FFL transfer fee, plus that package doesn't include the original oiler, which I'll receive from Gander.

The Mosin is going to be as much a historical display piece, as it will a functional shooting piece for me. And to have a complete package is important to me.

I'm also considering upgrading the entire package to the sniper version, which costs/is worth a little more.

Yeah I agree with your statements. Plus you have the ability to see the actual gun you are buying and can move the bolt and such. That mosin completely destroyed a cinder block with regular surplus ammo. :D I'm trying to find a place to shoot my rifle around here. Errr. Gun clubs can be pretty expensive and exclusive around here.

Marine model eh? Nice! Doesn't that have some sort of special coating on it, like stainless or something? I think I remember my friend saying that, because he wanted one of those very badly.

Instead, his first gun ended up being a bolt-action .410 gauge shotgun. I WTF'd at it hella hard, I didn't even know they made bolt-action shotguns....

Thing looks wussy as all hell...

Marine Magnum is Nickel with Synthetic stock.

@Anti getting more for less is great!

• 1 month later...

it's rather surprisingly you can get a working mosin for only 100 dollars or so. considering the history behind the rifle and the fact that they are more than a hundred years old! anybody know how much one can get a garand for?

anybody know how much one can get a garand for?

Looks like on gunbroker anywhere from $600-1800.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx?SearchType=0&Timeframe=0&Keywords=garand&Cat=3024&Items=50

Gun broker usually has pretty high prices...

I got a

CA COMPLIANT C15A1 SPORTER RIFLE, CAL. 5.56X45MM (.223) ( RI1619CA-X )

from Garys Gunsmithing for $235, Which was worth it!

Wow! that seems like a good price.

• 1 month later...

Well I've been itching to get my hands on a new gun, and I figured I'd better post pictures of my 12 gauge before I go buying another one...

So here is my 12 Gauge H&R 1871 Protector (Formerly New England Firearms)

5 round capacity

18.5" barrel

Accepts 2.75" or 3" shells

Bead sight

NEBO Protec 4 mode tactical light

Along with the gun is my Field and Stream 1871 storage case, and my 175rd case of Federal 00 Buckshot.

Home defense. Check.

IMAG0468-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome gun bro! My brother has an SKS and AR-15. Should check them out, they are great guns to shoot. The AR-15 is the civilian version of the M16 or M4.

Mosins can be cheap. Check the barrel out and ALWAYS clean the barrwl after each use. The old nagant ammo os highly corrosive. Check out the ak-47 as well. That has to be my favorite. You can tear some shit up with an ak. Also depends on why youre buying the weapon. Mosins arent exactly the most fun for target practice. They pack a decent wallop and after about ten rounds youll feel it lol

Look into maybe a 17 caliber HMR. Those are great for target and small game as well. Easily pick off varmots at 300 yrda if youre dialed in right. I kill groundhogs all summer long on my farm. As well as cats and racoons. Cause they kill my chickens. Fun gun the HMR tho

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...