First gun shopping.

Antichrist

Hehe, I just picked up an ar10 pistol 7.62 / 308.. SOOOOOOOO LOUD

LoL I bet. Man, that is kind of a waste for a 308 dont you think? I really have not heard of many people owning a AR10 pistol. Thats crazy. I guess you could always buy a stock and pay $200 for a tax stamp and have a short barrel rifle 308 :)

Edited by TulsaGeoff

Yep, that is my next step.. CQB 308.. total waste of money, I did it more for the experience.. Tuning the gas system was a nightmare!! You have to shoot it though, anyone standing beside you will jump 10 feet into the air screaming obscenities. I was kicked out of a firing range because it was too loud.. hahaha

awesome gun man! ive always wanted a lever action rifle but i enjoy bolt action rifles! i have an ar-15 now, and some handguns! its a very fun hobby to get into to =D

Oh man, I never understood why Americans are so crazy about guns...

Don't want to offend anyone here, but what's up with the guns? What's so nice about them, the fact that you can kill people with it?

Perhaps I'm sounding like a teenage hippy, but I just really don't understand it.

Perhaps I'm sounding like a teenage hippy, but I just really don't understand it.

Even teenage hippies are "crazy" about guns in the US.

Don't want to offend anyone here, but what's up with the guns? What's so nice about them, the fact that you can kill people with it?

idk man im just all about the second ammendment right! Its a right we have in this country, and alot of people are against it! I would never go out and shoot someone just for the sake of it, but you better belive if some creep tries to come into my house and abuse my family, or steal all the things me and my family work for, a bullet in the ass is well deserved! =D

One reason could be that anyone that has a gun license can own one. Another reason idk maybe because its cool to have one xD

You play games with guns :P

But in reality, for me at least, I have no desire to ever be put in a situation where I have to defend myself with deadly force. I don't want that shit on my conscience.

It is, however, my 2nd amendment right to own a firearm, and I chose freely to do so. I also like being able to defend myself if necessary, however as stated above, I'd rather own it, and never have to use it, than not own a gun, and wish I had one when some bad guy points a gun at me...

I also admire the complexity of their operation, and simplicity of their design. I'm mechanically inclined, and love taking things apart to learn how they work, and guns are no different. I've already taken mine apart several times just to clean, lubricate, and keep everything operating smoothly.

And last but not least, the fun and sport of target shooting has always appealed to me. I've been target shooting since I was a kid with .177 Air guns. :)

Edited by Antichrist

You play games with guns :P

But in reality, for me at least, I have no desire to ever be put in a situation where I have to defend myself with deadly force. I don't want that shit on my conscience.

It is, however, my 2nd amendment right to own a firearm, and I chose freely to do so. I also like being able to defend myself if necessary, however as stated above, I'd rather own it, and never have to use it, than not own a gun, and wish I had one when some bad guy points a gun at me...

I also admire the complexity of their operation, and simplicity of their design. I'm mechanically inclined, and love taking things apart to learn how they work, and guns are no different. I've already taken mine apart several times just to clean, lubricate, and keep everything operating smoothly.

And last but not least, the fun and sport of target shooting has always appealed to me. I've been target shooting since I was a kid with .177 Air guns. :)

+1

Heeeeeell Yeeaaaahhh!

Anti , check out my photo gallery. I got a 1946 cavalry version of that rifle. It's historic, powerful, and a dream to shoot. It's all original, and the bayonet is an attached flip-out style. The barrel is a bit shorter (for cavalrymen). I re-finished the stock myself. I wouldn't have done it but the gun was in only slightly used condition and was too blond (IMO) for a battle rifle. It'll be worth the wait, she's a doll to shoot. Tru Dat, on the advise about keeping her clean, if she's used, have a gunsmith check the headspace (very important with vintage rifles), and have fun! :camper