ET and extreme sniper scripts

chocolate

Extreme Sniper scripts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think extreme sniper rifle scripts should be fought?

To help balance the overwhelming amount of people using sniper script. Also to help manage scripting before it gets out of hand.

When is scripting getting out of hand? Where is it that the line of scripting crosses into the line of botting? Depends on who you ask.

I feel its when scripts cannot be done by the average players human movements. Anything more and you are entering the battlegrounds of script fighting, you might as well just sit down and waste your time watching tv, cause your not doing anything anymore, there is no challenge, who wants to battle the best bot. If I wanted to play with bots, id just start my own game.

On that thought - Im seeing a lot of sniper rifle mania scripting..

Because of the large amount of damage the rifle does, i feel is overpowered by the scripts.

In ET its essential that every class stay equal. The damage of the weapons are usually balanced by the speed of how quickly you use the weapon. Until overly powered modified scripts.

I propose,

Changing the fire rate of the rifle. Maybe 1 1/2 - 2second delay between shots. (This would also help spot cheating as well)

Lessening the damage of gun may work.

Recoil rate, would just be overpowered by script changes.

I mean no offense to anyone, this is only my thoughts. :) I am merely an old school et player, watching a change. :)

Lemme know your ideas! I want to know what you all think on this.

Would this help enhance your experience playing on the ET servers?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got rid of 'lookdown' - sniper scripts wont work now, I don't think >.<

EDIT: I'm an oldschool ET sniper.. Used to play on =SW=Sniper before they closed it, then dP! Sniper before they closed that, then Public Sniper (taken over from dP), then FUN Sniper.. Anyways, even with all those guys using sniper scrips, I could take them out just as easily as they could take me.. So that says a lot about the type of people who feel the need to use sniper scripts ;)

• Clan Friend

I am not a pro sniper but still I am an oldschool nub player so I'd like to say my opinion

First of all, you can snipe in 3 ways:

1. full sniper script (impossible on etpro) (uses +lookdown and wait commands) --> lame

2. sniper confing (higher sens or m_pitch binded to a key) --> quite common

3. nothing (easy especially for players who have a high sens) --> perfectly possible if you move your mouse down fast after you shoot

(well, there is a #4 which is aimbot, but I don't think we are talking about that)

if you add a delay, then I don't know how you think it would help spotting cheaters. It would just change the game.

I play with a low sens, yet I can compensate my sniper recoil just by moving my hand down, I don't know if I'd be able to snipe in close range but with some practice, and maybe raising my sens or m_pitch I think I could for sure, so I think you should make a distinction between the lame script users and players who snipe normally without any config, and who are equally good.

If you blocked +lookdown (as it is on etpro) or the wait command (which would get rid of lame guys who use a script to jump on the big rock in supply) maybe et would be better but I think who is good would still be good even without scripts.

Adding delay would just make using the sniper worthless. There are no magic "scripts" that will help you snipe better. The command that let the scripts work, +lookdown, no longer works in ET afaik. The only thing you can do is like sunlight said, use higher m_pitch (i use about 0.025) and sensitivity, and capping your fps for "less" recoil.

Sniping with level 4 or 5 (depending on what mod ur playing) is super easy. Even sniping on etpro is easy if you practice enough.

On jaymod sniping with level 4/5 is easy like hell (you need scripts to snipe? Didn't even know scripts exist)

Hell I don't even use scripts to snipe and neither does suicidal maniac (and i use a cfg that is only 1 page long =P). The best thing you help you snipe is change your sensitivity to something lower like 2.0 or under.

EDIT: There is also sniper practice maps on some servers (not 100% sure on this). I just learned how to snipe by sucking enough on minas (minas is a great map to learn how to snipe good. Same with helms deep. Playing those 2 and mastering them will make you good at any large maps)

On jaymod sniping with level 4/5 is easy like hell (you need scripts to snipe? Didn't even know scripts exist)

Hell I don't even use scripts to snipe and neither does suicidal maniac (and i use a cfg that is only 1 page long =P). The best thing you help you snipe is change your sensitivity to something lower like 2.0 or under.

Are you kidding? :o

Sensitivity 2 for gaming YES..

But for sniping you want to boost it up to like 5 xD

Are you kidding? :o

Sensitivity 2 for gaming YES..

But for sniping you want to boost it up to like 5 xD

No way 5 is way too much =P (i guess we all have differences when sniping). I just find it is a lot easier to rapid fire when sniping with lower sens (also found it better when you have your dpi set close to 1800 when having low sens. I use to snipe with 1600x and 1800y dpi and it worked pretty good).

As others have said. Sniper scripts haven't worked in years. I started playing quite a few years ago, and I've still never seen a sniper script. I'm not sure when, but at least 2 years ago every mod disabled +lookdown, not just etpro. It just takes practice. It's strange how easily people are influenced. All it takes is one person yelling scripter after I kill them and suddenly the whole server thinks that sniper scripts work and I'm using one. So there really isn't much of a point to changing anything, all the measures that needed to be taken about recoil scripts were fixed by devs a long time ago. If delays for the sniper was added I would quit. Sniper is without a doubt the hardest gun to be successful with in this game, it takes so much practice to go toe to toe with everyone else in the server, because they can strafe and I can't. Along with the fact that while you're being shot at you basically can't see at all while every other player still has an idea where they're shooting. Nerfing the sniper would just be the stupidest thing ever. This issue seems to come up more now though, seems to be more people using close to the same playstyle I use, which I'm happy about, I love sniper duals.

• Clan Friend

No way 5 is way too much =P (i guess we all have differences when sniping). I just find it is a lot easier to rapid fire when sniping with lower sens (also found it better when you have your dpi set close to 1800 when having low sens. I use to snipe with 1600x and 1800y dpi and it worked pretty good).

lower sens for sniping? :o

I wonder how you can counter your recoil using a lower sens than normal... script! :D

as regards +lookdown, I think in jaymod it's not locked, but I can still try and see.. in my config I have

seta cl_yawspeed "0"

seta cl_pitchspeed "0"

since these cvars are restricted almost everywhere, but I will try changing them and see... not that I need a sniper script, but afaik they are not blocked in all mods, I might be wrongbut I will check.

cvars can be blocked using pb, but it would be a mass kicking of newbs with standard configs...

edit:

on jaymod +lookdown and cl_pitchspeed are *not* blocked, just tested(but not with a sniper script, just tried +lookdown :) )

Edited by SunLight

as regards +lookdown, I think in jaymod it's not locked, but I can still try and see.. in my config I have

edit:

on jaymod +lookdown and cl_pitchspeed are *not* blocked, just tested(but not with a sniper script, just tried +lookdown :) )

Sunlight is right.

This is an old issue. Jaymod allows the command "lookdown", which is easily turned into a sniper script by anyone who can google and edit a config.

ET Pro banned this command years ago due to overuse.

People can also write macros for their programmable gaming mouse, this is also very common.

I don't play sniper myself, so don't worry I don't use a script.