ET and extreme sniper scripts

chocolate

Extreme Sniper scripts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think extreme sniper rifle scripts should be fought?

• Clan Friend

I've hardly messed with my cfg at all, and I can get triple kills with the sniper. Just have to know when and where to shoot. Not hard :\

I think we are talking about close range sniping against decent players, not shooting at afks from 1000km and hidden behind a bush...

Unless you play with a really high sens I doubt that you can snipe a good medic in close range while he shoots and hits you, unless you change something in your config. For example I play with 0.7 sens but I snipe with 1.7.

imho the only big deal about close range sniping is when they hit you, and you get recoil for that.

there are no scripts available for no damage knockback, so you need to blindly and quickly shoot and counter a recoil which you can't see because you are under fire, and you view jumps up and down while your real aim is not affected.

With a script to remove recoil (shooting recoil, that is, not damage recoil) it would be easier.

anyway, any server admin can do commands like pb_sv_bindsrch via rcon and read any players config to check for scripts and such...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any dumb nub proning behind barrels and boxes can get kills on Jaymod, but personally, I think that what separates a noob from a respectable sniper on lower mods are their willingness to take a bit of a risk. All the time when I am speccing noobs snipe, you watch them track a player (poorly, but its not the point) for a long time, then they take the shot, then they track again, long wait, hit again, or miss. To advance, you need to be willing to take a risk in being a bit faster. Sure, bad days you may f*** it up and hit nothing, but its a part of learning. And I don't use the zooming, I rebound MouseUp and Down with arty and /kill

Any dumb nub proning behind barrels and boxes can get kills on Jaymod, but personally, I think that what separates a noob from a respectable sniper on lower mods are their willingness to take a bit of a risk. All the time when I am speccing noobs snipe, you watch them track a player (poorly, but its not the point) for a long time, then they take the shot, then they track again, long wait, hit again, or miss. To advance, you need to be willing to take a risk in being a bit faster. Sure, bad days you may f*** it up and hit nothing, but its a part of learning. And I don't use the zooming, I rebound MouseUp and Down with arty and /kill

What can you hit anyway with ur 300+ ping :P

And Krono is definitely a better snipe then anal is.

if a sniper is using binocs then going crouch/scope for close range fighting it is more than likely that dumb defaultzoom sniper thingy. BossHk did a vid once where he was using that technique on venice (http://www.youtube.com/user/BossHKfin#p/u/3/PbrKsVHUlQ0). You can't tell in the vid, but he has no zoom at all (like not scoping). In order to use that glitch/setting you must scope from binocs. It basically has no zoom so recoil is irrelevant. I can't recall the setting but I'm sure someone here has a clue. This is different than long range binoc shooting. I'm talking close range binoc/scope/binoc and the setting/glitch that does away with zoom. It's fairly easy to spot someone using this as they always binoc before scoping in close range firefights.

Quick scope shooting has no script that I am aware of and recoil is not an issue on single quick scope shots.

There are many different techniques to sniping in this game. The lean/shoot from behind a box is one example that snipers on sniper servers use, same with binoc sniping, jump shots, the list goes on. You can see most of these styles on youtube, just look up madmack. I'm pretty sure he has a vid out covering just about every technique they use on sniper servers.

{LZ}Skiuros has a sniper script that I saw yesterday that I found interesting as it made close range shooting have no recoil, however, I think that the script (by doing what it does) means you lose control over the aim process while it reacts to recoil, so I think its useless in my opinion.

Bottom line, I think scripts are pointless, a noob with a script is still a noob and a pro would shoot better without one.

Also, on a side note: I die all the f***ing time, I'm not invincible, just a bloody idiot that scopes when I shouldn't, tries for a great kill and usually gets blindsided by some random adren med. If you think your a great sniper cause you killed my dumbass, well, more power to ya. (ie: If you kill my foolish jump shooting ass from the tunnel while your crouched (on oasis) as I bounce along firing my gun while scoped midair, then this doesn't make you a great sniper, just makes me an idiot. :yahoo)

LOL

Edited by SuicidalManiac

if a sniper is using binocs then going crouch/scope for close range fighting it is more than likely that dumb defaultzoom sniper thingy. BossHk did a vid once where he was using that technique on venice (http://www.youtube.c...u/3/PbrKsVHUlQ0). You can't tell in the vid, but he has no zoom at all (like not scoping). In order to use that glitch/setting you must scope from binocs. It basically has no zoom so recoil is irrelevant. I can't recall the setting but I'm sure someone here has a clue. This is different than long range binoc shooting. I'm talking close range binoc/scope/binoc and the setting/glitch that does away with zoom. It's fairly easy to spot someone using this as they always binoc before scoping in close range firefights.

Quick scope shooting has no script that I am aware of and recoil is not an issue on single quick scope shots.

There are many different techniques to sniping in this game. The lean/shoot from behind a box is one example that snipers on sniper servers use, same with binoc sniping, jump shots, the list goes on. You can see most of these styles on youtube, just look up madmack. I'm pretty sure he has a vid out covering just about every technique they use on sniper servers.

{LZ}Skiuros has a sniper script that I saw yesterday that I found interesting as it made close range shooting have no recoil, however, I think that the script (by doing what it does) means you lose control over the aim process while it reacts to recoil, so I think its useless in my opinion.

Bottom line, I think scripts are pointless, a noob with a script is still a noob and a pro would shoot better without one.

Also, on a side note: I die all the f***ing time, I'm not invincible, just a bloody idiot that scopes when I shouldn't, tries for a great kill and usually gets blindsided by some random adren med. If you think your a great sniper cause you killed my dumbass, well, more power to ya. (ie: If you kill my foolish jump shooting ass from the tunnel while your crouched (on oasis) as I bounce along firing my gun while scoped midair, then this doesn't make you a great sniper, just makes me an idiot. :yahoo)

LOL

cg_zoomdefaultsniper I believe.

I don't really have a problem with people using that, its a preference I suppose, and it has it's pros and cons.

What I think is pathetic is that in that video he recorded the demo of him playing, yet when he records the demo he doesn't use the same zoomdefaultsniper he plays with. He should have had the cvars the same so that people could actually see what his scope and recoil looks like. As it is he looks much better than he actually is at countering recoil and tracking.

The rest is well said, some people get cocky when they kill someone who is good, and they don't consider the circumstances or the level of difficulty of both players shots.

What can you hit anyway with ur 300+ ping :P

And Krono is definitely a better snipe then anal is.

Sniping with a ping of 300 is lol, because they usually die when they run around a corner, provoking a whole lot of rage. But the only risk is if my FPS drops too low (stupid Toshiba laptop)

I didn't realize who kronos was in server. I hereby declare that I *cough* was wrong. As my wife points out (all too often). Now that I know who kronos is, I can certainly say...stop sending me back to spawn!!! I think out of 10 instances of going against him earlier today, I beat him 3 times :lol: Looking forward to future spars with kronos. Good fraggin bro :camper

I've never seen Kronos on since I came back!

Btw, people binoc while sniping because it allows you to strafe/run side to side, making you harder to hit.. or at least that's why I used to do it.

Lean shots and jump shots aren't too hard if you have time and cover.

And Madmack is a beast. I played with him and he literally raped me. I watched his youtubes when I started off.

I'm rusty as hell now, but I've always played on default settings, even sensitivity which is 5.0 I believe. That's probably why people ask me why I'm so sporadic and aiming all over the place.

I think we are talking about close range sniping against decent players, not shooting at afks from 1000km and hidden behind a bush...

Unless you play with a really high sens I doubt that you can snipe a good medic in close range while he shoots and hits you, unless you change something in your config. For example I play with 0.7 sens but I snipe with 1.7.

We are talking about close range shooting Lawl.

Lol talkin bout me:P I never said you were invinsible!=0 But you are a bad*** sniper Ns...

cg_zoomdefaultsniper I believe.

What exactly does this do?

What exactly does this do?

Changes the zoom/fov for binoculars. Usually how it's used makes them zoom out until there's no little to no difference between binocs and regular. If you pull out scope while using binoculars your scope stays at the same zoom as binocs. Leaving you with a zoomed out scope and greatly reduced recoil.

Nabish, you should just forget about zoomdefaultsniper. You don't need it so just keep it at it's default value :)

Man, I used to think Kronos relied on zoomdefaultsniper for sniping on closer ranges. My assumption was wrong.

Madmack on a sniper server is top notch. On frag servers he's good but not anywhere near the same level as his play on sniper only.

Yea, if you want to see a really good frag sniper watch vanha in EC/NC matches. He doesn't play sniper only as often anymore though.

agreed.

I just went and spec'd anal and he uses that defaultzoom thing. I don't recommend using it but whatever floats your bubble.

well, i use 3 different zoomfovs 110, 70 and 20 (default). i wonder a bit, why you dont recommend to use this setting. i have watched that youtube vid, and its clearly to see, that you use it too. at least on that movie, idk who you are on server. <_<