ET:Legacy freezes for 3 seconds twice at each map.

Hazzard

For the last few months, my ET freezes for 3 seconds just after joining a server. This can occur either in the limbo-menu or while spectating/playing. Then, and this is annoying, it freezes again for 3 seconds a little while after starting a map (after warmup). Anyone encounter this? Running latest version and latest display driver (Nvidia).

Any ideas?

• Platinum VIP

I had this happen to me in the past. VERY annoying.

I never figured it out. And I distro hop every few months or so which is probably what fixed it - reinstalling ETL on a new OS

I'm running 32 bit version.

I feel the problem is somewhere in my player profile directory. I transferred my profile to a new computer and this happened even on a new install.

If I create a new profile, this does not happen, so today, I removed all the pk3-files in my profile directory, but this still happens.

Sure, I can create a new profile, but I still want my stats, so I want to figure this out the hard way (by messing around), not the easy way by creating a new profile. :)

I have encountered this. Never noticed as a spec but as player, after warmup. Don't know what i did to get rid of this. Solution could've been that i started to launch game with more memory or some nvidia drivers., but can't be 100% sure what actually fixed it.

Edited by Tukkonen
  • Like 1

I experience the same as you, @Tukkonen. This never happens when I spec or during warm up. Happens just after warm up during a match. 

I've just upgraded from RTX2060 to RTX3060. Upgraded to the latest Nvidia-drivers, but this still occurs.

I added this +com_hunkmegs 512 +com_soundmegs 192 +com_zonemegs 192+com_hunkmegs 512  to that Target on etlegacy shortcut. But as @RendeL asked about cfg's. Next step would be to post those if those changes doesen't fix the problem.

kuva.png.4f2a3d77647d48fddf66de3b70739b98.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hazzard said:

I'm running 32 bit version.

I feel the problem is somewhere in my player profile directory. I transferred my profile to a new computer and this happened even on a new install.

If I create a new profile, this does not happen, so today, I removed all the pk3-files in my profile directory, but this still happens.

Sure, I can create a new profile, but I still want my stats, so I want to figure this out the hard way (by messing around), not the easy way by creating a new profile. :)

Your stats? If you mean xp and so, just save your silent.dat from silent folder and etkey from etmain folder and do a fresh install, add those back and you have your xp/lvl still. Also you can save your hud.dat file and recover it back to a new install, same as cfg if you use any.

In your profile folder, there should be no pk3 files anyways. or you're doing something very wrong...

• 100 2

3 hours ago, tipsy said:

My game stuck too both during warmup and after the game started for 3 secs. I use 2.60b.

What value Tipsy 

here  ?   "com_zoneMegs"