ET:Legacy freezes for 3 seconds twice at each map.

Hazzard

Okay, since the screen shakes both on mod load and on cfg load with a graphic change, I assume it has something to do with a screen setting or vid_restart...

First, I fail to see why you need to load the jaymod mod on the main page. is it to get the Fa popup with the different servers you can connect to? I think it can create instability? Just create a cfg file called fa. In the file, just type : connect 135.148.137.185:27960   

It's the IP adress of jaymod#1. In console, when you are in the main menu, just type exec fa    and it will connect right away.

Then you need to understand why, upon execing your cfg, there is a vid_restart. Do you play with various graphic settings for various mod or servers? If not, there's a little too much in the file.

I suggest you rename your cfg autoexec.cfg  Thus, it will autoexec everytime you launch ET without you touching anything. And to make sure it gets executed, you can even create a bind in your cfg that would go:

bind [key] exec autoexec. And you can manually exec it in game.

But the main thing I'd try to change is why you have a vid_restart when you exec your config. 

Attach the file or send it to me on discord and I can have a look at it.

Edited by RASHOMON
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
8 minutes ago, RASHOMON said:

Okay, since the screen shakes both on mod load and on cfg load with a graphic change, I assume it has something to do with a screen setting or vid_restart...

First, I fail to see why you need to load the jaymod mod on the main page. is it to get the Fa popup with the different servers you can connect to? I think it can create instability? Just create a cfg file called fa. In the file, just type : connect 135.148.137.185:27960   

It's the IP adress of jaymod#1. In console, when you are in the main menu, just type exec fa    and it will connect right away.

Then you need to understand why, upon execing your cfg, there is a vid_restart. Do you play with various graphic settings for various mod or servers? If not, there's a little too much in the file.

I suggest you rename your cfg autoexec.cfg  Thus, it will autoexec everytime you launch ET without you touching anything. And to make sure it gets executed, you can even create a bind in your cfg that would go:

bind [key] exec autoexec. And you can manually exec it in game.

But the main thing I'd try to change is why you have a vid_restart when you exec your config. 

Attach the file or send it to me on discord and I can have a look at it.

Umm, for the vid_restart, it's just always been there and like you said, I choose JM to get the FA server menu. I know I could make those binds but to me, it's just as fast. I do have a bind that exec's a cfg, but it's a sniper cfg that tbh, I haven't updated it in so long, I just never use it.

I'll echo vid restart and see what happens

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I made a video

Wow ok, new one on me, never seen that before............... but to me looks more like a system issue/conflict rather than an "ET issue".

Edited by Snuffs99

• Platinum VIP
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Wow ok, new one on me, never seen that before............... but to me looks more like a system issue/conflict rather than an "ET issue".

I think it is too, but I can't put my finger on it. Removing video restart from my CFG and not setting Jaymod as my MOD before I join the server, just picking it from the Master Server List instead fixes the issue. 

The strangest part is flipping to any other open window and back corrects the shaking, too..

I haven't been back on Windows in a while so I'm not sure if this is a Archlinux issue only or a computer issue.

Not to mention, my CFG could probably use some expert eyes to see if there's anything that needs to be changed based on this new GPU or any useless settings

Edited by -=HipKat=-

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I think it is too, but I can't put my finger on it. Removing video restart from my CFG and not setting Jaymod as my MOD before I join the server, just picking it from the Master Server List instead fixes the issue. 

The strangest part is flipping to any other open window and back corrects the shaking, too..

I haven't been back on Windows in a while so I'm not sure if this is a Archlinux issue only or a computer issue.

Not to mention, my CFG could probably use some expert eyes to see if there's anything that needs to be changed based on this new GPU or any useless settings

I can look at it!

Don't pick the server from the master list, just make a cfg with the ip really, it's so fast! ^^

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, RASHOMON said:

I can look at it!

Don't pick the server from the master list, just make a cfg with the ip really, it's so fast! ^^

It's all good. I have my favorites in there. Jay 1 isn't the only server I play on