Masa's ETL - Help needed

Masa_1964

Dunno if this is correct topic to ask. I did try to install legacy like years ago and it just messed whole ET not working. After that I have tryed to play with this 2.60b in etl server but its like playing slow PC all delayed, and yes I have tryed all those basic setting changes but its still same. I did try in other server etl:s but thats all the same. If bing is higher its just more impossible to play, even with good ping (under 40) still unplayable.

3 minutes ago, Masa_1964 said:

Dunno if this is correct topic to ask. I did try to install legacy like years ago and it just messed whole ET not working. After that I have tryed to play with this 2.60b in etl server but its like playing slow PC all delayed, and yes I have tryed all those basic setting changes but its still same. I did try in other server etl:s but thats all the same. If bing is higher its just more impossible to play, even with good ping (under 40) still unplayable.

are you saving etl in correct place. or are u saving in ur et folder. put in diff place.  an etl creates a diff folder  an u need to sumtimes give it correct permission?

Edited by captnconcrete

On 3/11/2023 at 4:40 PM, Masa_1964 said:

Afaik current Legacy client doesn't mess with any files from 2.60b. So as long as you don't copy files from Legacy to 2.60b all should be good.

Edited by yaku
don't > doesn't
  • 100 1

@Masa_1964

AFAIK @yaku is right.

I am using ETL client 2.81.0. It works fine with many mods.

I must say you may have to get used to it. When its done, you wont go back to 2.60b.

I would suggest to read their WIKI. It says a lot. You will find it on ETLEGACY.COM.

Gengis

Edited by Gengis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Makes sure your are installing the 32 bit ETL client, not the 64 bit

I saw only 64bit install package? Which I did install years ago was 32bit and it did install top of old et. Yeah that messed all up and with murphys law I lost same time also HD. Then all was trying to get it work and then install ET again and so on with all other things lost (backup was there but it was few months old). Surely there is things updated in etl during time but I'm bit cautious with it. With 2.60b I get this micro shutter in close combat pretty same as I get in high ping silent and beg1 also. It drops frames when close combat and try to aim, same as if I get healed i cant do anything (like freeze) but enemy can shoot while its rising up. Not sure if these are related. I like graphics side of it but it's not enough convincing me to play it. Reminds me too much pro style play time with high intense and consuming energy, not so relaxed enjoyment.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Masa_1964 said:

With 2.60b I get this micro shutter in close combat pretty same

Check for ANY application which is touching CPU OR HD IO during game play, especially later. I suggest using M2 or SSD in today's world. 

• Like 1

Is there a way to verify the version i installed ? If it is installed in program files (x86) then its the 64 bits version ?

Gengis

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, Masa_1964 said:

I saw only 64bit install package? Which I did install years ago was 32bit and it did install top of old et. Yeah that messed all up and with murphys law I lost same time also HD. Then all was trying to get it work and then install ET again and so on with all other things lost (backup was there but it was few months old). Surely there is things updated in etl during time but I'm bit cautious with it. With 2.60b I get this micro shutter in close combat pretty same as I get in high ping silent and beg1 also. It drops frames when close combat and try to aim, same as if I get healed i cant do anything (like freeze) but enemy can shoot while its rising up. Not sure if these are related. I like graphics side of it but it's not enough convincing me to play it. Reminds me too much pro style play time with high intense and consuming energy, not so relaxed enjoyment.

https://www.etlegacy.com/download

The first one is windows installer for 32 and 64 bit.

I had the same issues on Linux the first time I installed ETL, using the 64 bit.

Cake fixed my issues in this thread

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

The first one is windows installer for 32 and 64 bit.

Does it ask for 32 or 64 before install and location? I ask cause last time it did not give any options or selections, it did just dump all in current et location.

10 minutes ago, Masa_1964 said:

Does it ask for 32 or 64 before install and location?

No, you can download either 32 or 64 bit version but like said above 32bit version is the one you should use.

Edited by yaku
  • Like 2

I can answer in finnish too 😄

Mulla ei kysellyt mitään 32 tai 64 bittistä. Asentelin tuossa vasta uuden version siitä 32 bittisenä, (filu sanoo x86 siellä jossai). Ja tuossa kun sanoit että dump everything in current et location. Mulla asenteli noi 2.60b ja ETL versiot ihan eri osoitteeseen, että voin käyttää molempia milloin haluan. Ehkä siinä asennus vaiheessa anna sille eri sijainti. Mulla on molemmat siellä program files (x86) mutta siellä sitten molemmilla omat kansiot. Sitten tuo ETL kaikki cfg, etkey, mappi tiedostot ym menee C:\käyttäjät\%username%\tiedostot\ETLegacy kansioon.