Coffee!!!

mraw435

@PHNTM that is one beast of a machine! After seeing everyone's setups here, I am seriously considering an upgrade from my standard Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker. I just have to find that right balance of getting something that I want to something my wife will put up with xD

I have never tried Lavazza - I will pick some up this weekend and report back. When I am not roasting my own - i resort back to the classic:

image.png.64d5ae68a39f7c2179a4913e1844fdfd.png

Next roasting coffee batch coming up soon:

Bolivia Apolo:

"Cupping notes: Heavy caramel aromas, mild orange acidity, and chocolate flavors with a medium to light body and good sweetness" 

• Like 4

On 6/15/2023 at 8:31 PM, mraw435 said:

@PHNTM that is one beast of a machine! After seeing everyone's setups here, I am seriously considering an upgrade from my standard Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker. I just have to find that right balance of getting something that I want to something my wife will put up with xD

I have never tried Lavazza - I will pick some up this weekend and report back. When I am not roasting my own - i resort back to the classic:

image.png.64d5ae68a39f7c2179a4913e1844fdfd.png

Next roasting coffee batch coming up soon:

Bolivia Apolo:

"Cupping notes: Heavy caramel aromas, mild orange acidity, and chocolate flavors with a medium to light body and good sweetness" 

It s easier to ask forgiveness that it is to get permission.

do it jewish GIF

Screenshot_20230617_100940_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 4
  • 100 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Eazy said:

It s a double espresso cappuccino morning . I m finishing the Lavazza crema & gusto (not a fovorite of mine) in the grinder and trying a new to me , Cimo Nero.. will it be good??? Only time will telllllllllll..... 

20230728_064639.jpg

20230813_082247.jpg

Lets us know if it's good!👍

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 9:17 AM, PHNTM said:

Lets us know if it's good!👍

Nop, that s not it for me.  It is a very dark/black and oily bean (i should have deduct it from the name😓). I touched a bean and my fingers are sticky. The beans itself smells good, chocolaty. I made a regular cappuccino to sample it, it is ok but not my flavor palate i guess. There is an after taste that i can identify right now , maybe the earthy? While i prefer fruity/flowery? 

I guess it s like wine, you got to try different thing to appreciate some. 

Edit: photo added but it s not as black as it is woth naked eye

20230817_083547.jpg

Edited by Eazy
  • Like 2

awesome @Eazy ! im not gonna lie i rewatched the video the coffee pour xD im not a big fan of the super oily beans either... thats how my first personal roast came out --- it was quite trashy lol 

for all the US folks -- costco batch bag.... not too shabby ! 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, mraw435 said:

awesome @Eazy ! im not gonna lie i rewatched the video the coffee pour xD im not a big fan of the super oily beans either... thats how my first personal roast came out --- it was quite trashy lol 

for all the US folks -- costco batch bag.... not too shabby ! 

It was a frist for me but it didn t make the cut. I was soo unsatisfy by my coffee this morning, i emptied the beans tray "by hand", cleaned the whole machine and went to get something else. No way i m going threw a kilo of that coffee 😂😂

Got me some lavazza oro. Never tried it but 100% arabica from lavazza can t be as bad as the cimo nero... 

20230817_111300.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For afternoons I prefer dark roast from lavazza.

Im looking for ordering a different style 😋

image.thumb.jpeg.166b94ed83bb91170eb6db743d50d17c.jpeg

Edited by LazyHippo
spelling..
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LazyHippo said:

For afternoons I prefer dark roast from lavazza.

Im looking for ordering a different style 😋

image.thumb.jpeg.166b94ed83bb91170eb6db743d50d17c.jpeg

I tried the perfetto , it is indeed really good! They say dark roast but it still really smooth, probably due to the fact it is 100% arabica. It s a good product imo

• Like 1

https://www.lavazza.co.uk/en/roast-and-ground-coffee/qualita-rossa  I'm using this one for years. Used to work with old Italian Chef Franko and got a gift from him. Small stove top coffee maker which he apparently used for decades all over the world when he was travelling as a young chef. That's my most favourite coffee maker ever as it has huge sentimental value to me as well. But had to go for different machine as I'm having electric stove atm and with electricity prices it would ruin me financially. For this stove maker I used mix of Lavazza Rossa and Amazon blend (can't remember name). Might sound weird but worked for me. Now I'm having DeLonghi Magnifica S which is bean to cup. Decent machine but starting to search for something more "exciting" probably :) 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, nAbish said:

Just some sam’s club cappuccino! 

I have heard they use Members Mark brand for their service, they got the cooperative source from Colombia 😄 

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, LazyHippo said:

I have heard they use Members Mark brand for their service, they got the cooperative source from Colombia 😄 

That's the one! Not fancy by any means, but tastes great! 

• Like 1