Coffee!!!

mraw435

We use a filter coffee machine too,

but i prefer the porcelain filter and pouring manually.

but honestly, if you want a real good filter coffee, try the "Karlsbader Kanne"

The nuances will be perfectly extracted without any falsing of the flavours.

I ve never tasted any better filter coffee. The french press is okay-ish, but tastes not as good imo, plus the cleaning of the french press is kind of a pain in the ass. 

On the Karlsbader it is

all porcelain, no gimmicks, easy cleaning therefore it stays clean, no leftovers, no dechalking...

This will be on my next years wishlist...

coffeecirclezubereitungstippskarlsbaderk

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Platinum VIP

@Vice86 Im jealous of your machine ! I was looking at the Rocket Appartemento, but for budget reason, went for the rancilia. Immediatly regreted it lol ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dju said:

Rocket Appartemento, but for budget reason, went for the rancilia. Immediatly regreted it lol !

i did the same mistake 10 years ago. bought a Graef ES 90 which was in the same price range as the silvia.

but after two months, i sold it again with some loss and decided myself for a bezzerra bz10...

however the bezzi 10 got leaky now, thermostat broke, boiler screws welded in, pretty much total damage

it is still repairable, but the cost of the repair would exand the remaining worth of the machine. (new boiler, new thermostat, new manometer)

so i just bought myself the bezzi magica, since somehow after 10 years of the elektra brewing group, 

i always wanted to test out the famous faema E61 brewing group.

especially with combined with a PID where i can steer the brewing temperature.

what can i say,... zero regrets so far (propably until the first repair... hihi)

it´s a hobby though, other people buy cars, other go out every weekend and spent hundreds of dollars in bars.

i always see it as a investment.

buying a nespresso machine cost´s less in the beginning, but in around five years the more expensive machine will armortizes itself while actualy drinking the better coffee.

Edited by Vice86
  • 100 2

Also may understand this topic as coffee is such a pleasant and reactivation kind of substance or drug that boosts you up like a rocket!

Its a drink that it seems to block the "adenosine" neurotransmitter in the brain to avoid sleepy states.

I have tried also the coffee with rum to make up a "carajillo", well an expresso with a rum shot, very crazy combination.

But lately I have prefered just to drink it in the mornings for work, so I have some favourite brands, some local and a foreign one that I love but is really expensive.

I usually buy this "Dragon Gila Cafe" which has different toasting and from different regions in Mexico.

This one is from Oaxaca, a southern state which is very mountainous.

image.jpeg.468d0e5818bb60e307bbe3b2ebd85800.jpeg

Very strong taste and for me the most powerful of the brand.

Also the one from Veracruz, a bit more light taste and effect.

image.jpeg.823d825b186c2bc8299b3089d35373be.jpeg

But I really love the Lavazza brand, an italian coffee:

image.jpeg.aa74eb662d68a244a556db8a7e9f2b6e.jpeg

Dont really grind coffee so my machine is pretty simple, like 7-8 cups capacity:

image.thumb.jpeg.2f72534c7b6489915760bc5d62cbd169.jpeg

Love to see people make this drink ritual 😅

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 6:43 PM, LazyHippo said:

Also may understand this topic as coffee is such a pleasant and reactivation kind of substance or drug that boosts you up like a rocket!

Its a drink that it seems to block the "adenosine" neurotransmitter in the brain to avoid sleepy states.

I am fortunate to be able to drink coffee late at night and still be able to fall asleep immediately! However, it def has an impact on me -- a few months ago i skipped a morning of coffee and had a raging headache until i chugged the most wonderful espresso 😆

love the design on those coffee bags too! 

seeing your convos @Vice86 and @Dju - i am tempted to bypass my wife's concerns about lack of counterspace and get one of those espresso machines! will need to do some research

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mraw435 said:

I am fortunate to be able to drink coffee late at night and still be able to fall asleep immediately! However, it def has an impact on me -- a few months ago i skipped a morning of coffee and had a raging headache until i chugged the most wonderful espresso 😆

seeing your convos @Vice86 and @Dju - i am tempted to bypass my wife's concerns about lack of counterspace and get one of those espresso machines! will need to do some research

Oh, buddy, I'm the same, no matter how much I drank, it still didn't affect sleep, if I really want to sleep 😄 

But without a cup of coffee in the morning, I just won’t wake up normally and will be like a zombie, it seems like an addiction 😋

About a headache, well, coffee stimulates, it’s logical if there is fatigue in the body, but it doesn’t work with me, if my head hurts and I drink coffee, it will only get worse

20 hours ago, mraw435 said:

Exactly, your body was asking for that drug until you fall again into the caffeine world 😅

20 hours ago, mraw435 said:

I liked them also! not the reason because I prefer it but I do agree they had a trip in the design. 👍

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally purchased an automatic espresso machine few months ago. Went for the Saeco lirika otc, it s basic but make good coffee. Really like it soo far. 

20230408_073737.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
On 6/11/2023 at 10:19 AM, Eazy said:

20230408_073737.jpg

I can see you also use good Quebec milk :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

@Eazy that is looking noiiicceeeee! 

I just went to a family reunion and 2 cousins made a comment about how much coffee i drink per day --- i think i was averaging 8 cups/day :lol: the things i do to stay alert/talkative during family events lol 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mraw435 said:

@Eazy that is looking noiiicceeeee! 

I just went to a family reunion and 2 cousins made a comment about how much coffee i drink per day --- i think i was averaging 8 cups/day :lol: the things i do to stay alert/talkative during family events lol 

It s not the hottest on the market but i had a good deal and it makes amazing coffee. 

😂😂😂 8 cup/day is on the high side. My family events aren t trilling enough for me to stay THAT alert hahahhaa

• Haha 1

I also like coffee very much, a couple of years ago I looked at getting a whole gaggia setup with a grinder and the coffee tampers and whatnot but I thought I would be getting myself in a rabbit hole. So I decided to get a bean to cup machine and so far I'm quite happy. I usually either have Lavazza (which is readily available at any store) or bring coffee from Portugal - mostly Robusta&Arabica blends (Sical, Nicola, Delta, Buondi, all very nice beans). I'm open to bean recommendations too! 

Here's my coffee machine - Melitta Barista TS

(And some of the beans I'm currently using - haven't quite got used to the Japanese one)

IMG_20230614_090834.thumb.jpg.6091e52fe3324536c714d7ce8579f0bb.jpg

It has 2 different bean compartments (for decaff/normal beans) which is one of the main reasons I got this model

IMG_20230614_090851.thumb.jpg.9b7183142b48ed128d9ffac2943f52c6.jpg

Here's a nice espresso 

IMG_20230614_091128.thumb.jpg.511fe3b9478856f250f690837b06fede.jpg

Has worked quite a bit since Nov 2021 at an average of 3.7 per day just counting americanos and espressos. 

IMG_20230614_090915.thumb.jpg.228194d75e07b7e20831c9c5b65a8065.jpg

Edit: on the topic of the Nespresso capsules if I count just the americanos and espressos which total at 2038 it would have a cost of £855 in Nespresso capsules (at an average cost of £0.42 per capsule). It quickly offsets the initial investment. 

Edited by PHNTM
Typo typo nespresso
  • Like 3

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, PHNTM said:

Nice setup and pretty good crema you get there!!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PHNTM said:

I also like coffee very much, a couple of years ago I looked at getting a whole gaggia setup with a grinder and the coffee tampers and whatnot but I thought I would be getting myself in a rabbit hole. So I decided to get a bean to cup machine and so far I'm quite happy. I usually either have Lavazza (which is readily available at any store) or bring coffee from Portugal - mostly Robusta&Arabica blends (Sical, Nicola, Delta, Buondi, all very nice beans). I'm open to bean recommendations too! 

Here's my coffee machine - Melitta Barista TS

(And some of the beans I'm currently using - haven't quite got used to the Japanese one)

IMG_20230614_090834.thumb.jpg.6091e52fe3324536c714d7ce8579f0bb.jpg

It has 2 different bean compartments (for decaff/normal beans) which is one of the main reasons I got this model

IMG_20230614_090851.thumb.jpg.9b7183142b48ed128d9ffac2943f52c6.jpg

Here's a nice espresso 

Has worked quite a bit since Nov 2021 at an average of 3.7 per day just counting americanos and espressos. 

IMG_20230614_090915.thumb.jpg.228194d75e07b7e20831c9c5b65a8065.jpg

Edit: on the topic of the Nespresso capsules if I count just the americanos and espressos which total at 2038 it would have a cost of £855 in Nespresso capsules (at an average cost of £0.42 per capsule). It quickly offsets the initial investment. 

That s a nice setup, i like that it have dual beans compatiments, it s a great feature.  I was in the same situation, was looking for a first machine manual with the external grinder and got stressed it would be hassle to manage. Also tought about my gf, it would be easier for her if she could get coffe by pressing only one key. 

I like lavazza too , they make nice blend.  Lately i m using Kimbo espresso Napoli, i love the blend. 

images (1).jpeg

• Like 1