Depression, anxiety, mental shit.

yaku

Well as soon as I was born I was abused. As early as 3 years old I remember being grabbed by the shoulders, pulled by the hair screamed at. I can't remember all my childhood, I was curious so I secretively dug out some old family videos at my mother's house. It wasn't all bad, as horrible as my memories mostly are, I had to check some sort of other record. My father wasn't always a monster we did have fun. These were family videos though, you wouldn't film dad beating the kids...

But I remember horrible things. One day he took a soldering iron and told my brother to touch it, it burned his hand and left a scar the rest of his life.  The thing about such incidents is that my father would laugh heartlessly as if it were funny the man was deranged. He said to my brother ha hahahah , dumby it's hot isn't it dumby.   My brother has issues but still hasn't realized some of them to this day. Sometimes he jokes or is partially serious about teaching children valuable lessons the hard way. Probably because all my father knew was psychotic love  during our childhoods and would actually give a child 3rd degree burns on his hand just to see if he does it and then laugh. He was young, maybe 5 years old... 

My father shot off guns in his bedroom as a child/ young adult leaving bullet holes in the walls... He could come off charming and appealing to people but he treated his friends like garbage and as if they were inferior.  He did the same to my mother's side of the family. When we passed accidents on the road where cars were twisted up or burned he would laugh and say , HAHAHAH they deserved it!  When my grandmother, his mother was dying in the hospice, he was screaming at her, ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE! I don't exactly know what was wrong with the man but he was deranged, he still is. 

I remember when I was around maybe 5 he took me, my sister, younger and older brother through a live active train tunnel. It was the old PA glitzin tunnel in the US, which is now stoned up. It was dark,  it was narrow and when a train came there wasn't much room on the sides of the tunnel... He insisted that we go through it, we could have went around....

One of my worse memories that forever scarred me was when I  was probably around 6 or 7,  I went into the garage and He was dragging my mother across the concrete floor. He picked up 2 by 4s and hit her with them.  Then he opened the garage door as it had a handle on the inside at the time slid her underneath and hit her with the garage door.  He put his weight onto the handles with her body underneath and slammed the door on her body a few times. He was probably trying to kill her.  She was screaming in pain and fear my brother ran up to me and we both screamed , "no " I think it was... but I can't remember what I screamed but I do remember him just laughing at us as we screamed... and I think my brother called the cops on the SOB...They showed up and he was gone. 

Because my life sucked I had to see this lunatic on week ends, WTF? He took us to his parents house, my grand parents... some how he was more mentally balanced, stable those years but how does a child get over that? How do I get comfortable again?  Any relationship I could mend was damaged. Then any part of me that would start to like the man his entire family treated me like shit.  One time he came to pick us up he was laughing hysterically... he told us he just kicked a dog to death, kicked it until it's heart stopped because it was being too loud. He was laughing hysterically. That's the second thing that i know of that he didn't just come close to killing but that he did kill.  He talked to us kids about killing other things though. 

Long story short, I have CPTSD and it's horrible to live with sometimes.  The racing thoughts, the OCD, the intrusive thoughts, the depression, the anxiety. I am not mentally healthy, never had relationships, light on friendships... I didn't even know I had CPTSD most my life. I don't know don't want to talk about it much more.

Sometimes when I get triggered it can last for days to weeks. I wouldn't say I'm the picture of mental health and whether or not it's my fault I have become a broken adult with moderate PTSD symptoms that rule my life and make me uncomfortable around the living. I'm trying to work with it but it's been neglected for years. I begged my mother for help as a child and teenager, and she never took me to see anyone.  I even tried to fake a mental breakdown to have myself committed but it never worked. I just went through life with extreme anxiety, depression and CPTSD symptoms.  

I was terrified this year to drive, go to the mall, etc. I've been trying more but I have been looking for my own place to live, apartments...but apartments are all taken atm near me. I still live at home at 33 years old but yeah....

There's alot of bad shit I remember, the real challenge is trying to remember good things, there were some good things about childhood that i can remember, not many when he was ever around. I guess that's enough for now.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 10
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, spectator said:

But I remember horrible things. One day he took a soldering iron and told my brother to touch it, it burned his hand and left a scar the rest of his life.  The thing about such incidents is that my father would laugh heartlessly as if it were funny the man was deranged. He said to my brother ha hahahah , dumby it's hot isn't it dumby.   

My Grandfather used a soldering iron to teach me the same lesson - don't go poking around where you don't belong. Think he called me dumby too. But he didn't laugh about it, and I never saw the shit you saw. No kid should either!

• Like 4
  • 100 2

• Raziel changed the title to Depression, anxiety, mental shit.
21 minutes ago, notellenPage said:

Depression is a terrible shit. If u wanna talk, play some chess or do anything, I'm always on discord bro. Stay strong.

Just wanna make some things clear. I appreciate it of course, but I'm not the one who is looking for help, I'm the one who is offering my help here. I wish people would share their stories as well here! : )

• Like 2
  • 100 3

• Platinum VIP

Yeah that's why I'll continue my admin duty. I do my best to maintain a good mood on beg2 because I like to think it's an oasis for some people.

People that can get some peace for a few games.

It helped me when I was younger so I do my duty to keep it cool for the other who need it right now.

• Like 3
  • 100 6

I don't normally interact on here, just a quick browse. But when I saw this, I read through the posts, I liked the fact someone has come out their shadows to post this.

I for one suffer with depression from time to time, whenever it wants to make an appearance, and times when I am really down in the dumps. A great way for me to let off steam and emotions is through gaming, and that still helps to this day. Again I'd like to thank yaku for making this so others can see we're not alone

Kind regards, Valk

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • 100 4

How is everyone? I'm doing ok but feel a little stuck atm. But its good to be positive and to not get caught up in a negative loop. 

When it comes to mental health you don't want to work.against yourself. I was programmed to be  negative and my mind sometimes races with negative thoughts.

But its not good, its not easy to switch off either. I try by watching cartoons,  giving myself personal space when necessary and smoking cbd...

I try to find time to relax every day. Personal care is essential. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 10 months later...

Well I thought I was on my own with this, but in some way good to know Im not, Ive been suffering with depression, anxiety and insomnia for what feels like some time now, eventually contacting my doctor who has been really helpful and has called me time to time to see how Im doing. been prescribed various drugs to help, but they havent really

Currently on Mirtazapine - anyone else on these? If so have they helped you?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Leader

/NOT going to lock this topic for being "too old", as the sharing is too important.

I spent almost 2 decades being "almost a Zombie" at work before mentioning it to a doctor and receiving anti-depression medications.  I had only been getting 4 hours of sleep because of my skewed circadian sleep rhythm.  

Each person's experiences are different. 

• Like 7
  • 100 2

• 3 weeks later...