ET Server Suggestion FA WOLF ET COMPETITION

thepositiveguy

Good morning guys...At least for me it's early in the morning.

So I thought if we will be able to do such a competition as a FA Wolf ET Cup or somethin'.

I know that everyone hates battles between clans cuz this shit  is going crazy sometimes, but I think that we should leave this in the past and rather focus on the future of this game

Literally, we are not doing well on the number of the players that are active on Wolfenstein ET, in general (it's not about the FA servers specifically )

So  I think that we should try to approach this in a different manner and try to look at things from the perspective of the players. Of course everybody is looking out for competition...even though it's an online game. 

So why not trying to host some regular events  on all servers, between us, for the beginning and we will see for later.

I can try to find some contacts here and there and ask if they are interested because I feel that FA has everything that we need ( the structure is here, all the servers are done, map voting, bots, various maps, etc you know what i'm sayin').  

The best server so far, I think it's the Silent 1 . I  know that there are various mods and crazy stuff but I think that sometimes simple is better than complex shit . 

I mean , literally, it's like the classic version of the game, let's say, no crazy visual stuff, sounds or anything wow. 

I'm waiting for your opinion on this, hopefully you will all agree :))

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators

With clan wars, people take it too far sometimes and bring in Ego war shit. I would rather organize Events so that everyone can enjoy rather then xx skills required for wars. 

• Like 5
  • 100 3

• Platinum VIP

I think it would be cool to have a fun teams tourney made up of FA Admins and Regulars but I don't think Silent is the best mod for it. This is primarily a Jaymod heavy community so it should be a Jaymod server with agreed upon settings. Is that Classic server or whatever it was called still active? The other issue is timing. People play form all over North and South America and Europe, primarily, plus other countries, too and most of us work, so weekdays may be difficult but it would be cool. 

Also, I'd like to see teams made-up of varied skilled players so that there isn't a High skilled team that sweeps over everyone, with the top skilled players all on one team, but man it would be cool to break up the monotony of just doing the same thing every day.

I'd be willing to help out as much as I could organizing something like this

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 3

id like to think anykinda  organized scrim or  event is good for this old game . 

i used to get into this kinda stuff.  it can be real fun.   u can make some really good friends doing this. 

i myself dont have the time . anymore ..sorry .

id agree jaymod  is where alot of us play to relax ..

BUT i wouldnt host a scrim  in jaymod . theirs a mod for this .. etpro!!!! if your asking if we can or if your asking if we can help you organize . im sure we can help in someway. it takes alot of work to organize a tourney scrim. i would like to think  a organized event is possibly better an easier  than a organized scrim.

i have done some scrim events and such in previous clan i was in ..

if ud like to have help  and get this going id be glade to give some input. u can always pm me.

scoofi  would be a good person to chat with also.

rambozo37 would be good to chat with also.

it takes alot of work ..  fa is here for the good of the et community .  an this is always a good idea . if approached correctly.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

I don't agree with ETPro, especially if this is just competitive for everyone who plays here - which ETPro is the least amount and the settings on ETPro servers is going to be an obstacle to people joining who don't understand ETPro. 

I would rather see most Jaymod settings inplace to keep it attractive for the largest number of players. Same weapons but maybe minus poison knives and adren since those are the most complained about and none of the custom vsays. An agreed on list of maps, double jump on, rushing off, etc...

It would take a little time but I think it could be a lot of fun

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I don't agree with ETPro, especially if this is just competitive for everyone who plays here - which ETPro is the least amount and the settings on ETPro servers is going to be an obstacle to people joining who don't understand ETPro. 

I would rather see most Jaymod settings inplace to keep it attractive for the largest number of players. Same weapons but maybe minus poison knives and adren since those are the most complained about and none of the custom vsays. An agreed on list of maps, double jump on, rushing off, etc...

It would take a little time but I think it could be a lot of fun

we can make etpro like jaymod . thing is jaymod wasnt made for scrimmage i understand your concern but!! its as simple as dl mod etpro and setting ur cfg how u like . i refuse to scrim ..... jaymod. if its a open event silent would be best!

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
24 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

we can make etpro like jaymod . thing is jaymod wasnt made for scrimmage i understand your concern but!! its as simple as dl mod etpro and setting ur cfg how u like . i refuse to scrim ..... jaymod. if its a open event silent would be best!

If you just trim Jaymod down a bit it could be fun. Like no double jump, no adre, no throwing knives but other than that just regular jaymod so people can play with the mod/hitboxes they are used to. Use weapon restrictions based on the config just like on etpro (3v3, 5v5 or 6v6) and slap a stopwatch gamemode on it and you are good to go.

If all of that is possible I don't see a big hindrance in running a cup on jaymod, we are mainly jaymod players after all 😛

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Is that Classic server or whatever it was called still active?

This one? fun1.clan-fa.com:27960

Yes he is :) without double jumps, without adre, ect, It's not Jay but Nitmod, give a try it's nice too

There is also two ETpro FA servers

etpro1.clan-fa.com:27970

etpro1.clan-fa.com:27980

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

Maybe you're right about silent because it's kind of a hybrid JM/ETPro mod, but we could just take a good look at different options and see what works out the best in the long run

27 minutes ago, DeKing said:

This one? fun1.clan-fa.com:27960

Yes he is :) without double jumps, without adre, ect, It's not Jay but Nitmod, give a try it's nice too

There is also two ETpro FA servers

etpro1.clan-fa.com:27970

etpro1.clan-fa.com:27980

I was always a big fan of N!tmod, too. 

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

I think this could be very fun and good for the community.

For it to be a success, though, I think low cost of entry is of the essence. The problem with team events often is that a lot of people would like to partake in them but organizing a team before the event by themselves is often too much of a hassle for them than to bother with. Too much bell ringing. To make cost of entry as low as possible, I recommend making the registration process so that individuals register themselves, not pre-made teams.

Only when the deadline has passed and everyone has registered who wants to join the tournament, only then teams should be made. And at best they should not be made by the players themselves (again, too much hassle) but instead by us by randomizing. In order to prevent lopsided games, I would advise a structured approach where someone with a good overview of our community assesses roughly the skill of every player that has entered the tournament and assigns him a skill value from 1 to 5. Teams then will be randomly made in a way that every team has about the same skill value (team skill value = sum of all individual skill values). This should give every team and by extension every player a shot at "winning" the event or tournament.

If the first time is a success, we could make it a regular fixture - like every month or so.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Well regardless, is this something people want to seriously do?

I would be up for it!

If there are free etpro severs like deking says might as well make use of them I say. Or if it is just as easy to set up another I say silent (mainly because that's the only mod I play on now 😂)

Put your name up for being placed in a team and then have a mini committee of admin who know levels of players on different servers to make up the teams

Then just have some fun 😁 

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, ASBO said:

I would be up for it!

If there are free etpro severs like deking says might as well make use of them I say. Or if it is just as easy to set up another I say silent (mainly because that's the only mod I play on now 😂)

Put your name up for being placed in a team and then have a mini committee of admin who know levels of players on different servers to make up the teams

Then just have some fun 😁 

Well first, we need a list of players that are interested. We'd need to post here, DIscord and on the servers.

Next let the players vote on the mod. Personally, ETPro is for ETPro and only ETPro. Not very many players on FA servers are ETPro experienced. 

There's a lot of work to be done. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this, I was talking to @Cross Marian last night about this. What about using our hardcore server for this purpose? id be highly interested in helping organize an event. We'd could have a drawing bracket system with made up team names. matches at specific times  based on popularity of server peak times and yes weekends would probably be best, but we could spread out the weekends to give everyone a chance to play. I got tons of ideas for this.

• Like 3