the new Super League, what do you think about it ?

Mint Candies

Hey guys :)

I dont know if there's football player or just people who appreciate European football.

I just saw that they wanted to create a new League in Europe with English, Italian and Spanish clubs. Florentino Pérez with 12 clubs made this project.

In France, and I think in all the European Union, this project is very controversial. It is highly criticized as it will be a very closed league and only accessible to rich clubs.

I just want to know what do you think about this project if you heard about it ?

Let me know ;) 

Edited by Mint Candies
  • Like 4
  • 100 1

• Mint Candies changed the title to the new Super League, what do you think about it ?

Awful. I am a casual fan of the English League but all the leagues have their appeal, history, and attraction. The "big" clubs have already ruined soccer by overspending and hoarding players. This just seems like a money grab and makes them all look even greedier. And who do Arsenal and Tottenham think they are? LOL They are not in the same league of teams as a Real Madrid or Barcelona.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • 100 1

What confuses me most about the "Super League" is Manchester City & Tottenham being able to enter when they have never won the "Champions league" 

Anyway putting that to one side its nothing but greed all about making money

Its not a sport if success is already guaranteed 👎  

• Like 1
  • 100 2

9 minutes ago, Mint Candies said:

I was just wondering about what guys were thinking about it xD

Haha sorry! 

What I find most alarming is that the rich only get richer this way.  Smaller clubs will start to earn less from their national competitions.  

Aand how interesting will for example the Premier League when the six top clubs play top players in the Super League every week and perhaps set up a B-team in their own country? 

It's just arrogance at its best..

• 100 1

Total bullshit,  but think they underestimated reactions and end of story nothing will happen. Altough i hope some guys like Perez and the Juve guy will get fired. Besides that a joke Tottenham is in. Even my local soccer team got probs more cups. Disgrace 

• Like 3

I think that's why I don't really like Soccer, not 2 pages yet and you are now ready to fight 😄 

That's an excessively emotional sport just in watching it :)  Don't forget to play ET if you need to relax 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, DeKing said:

I think that's why I don't really like Soccer, not 2 pages yet and you are now ready to fight 😄 

That's an excessively emotional sport just in watching it :)  Don't forget to play ET if you need to relax 😛 

I like exactly cause of that 😜

I really hope and it looks like it is gonna be dead that rich league 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really like Soccer! 

But like most people I’m annoyed by a couple of things:

> Crazy rich clubs crushing an entire national league with just money.

> Simulation of players when someone touches them on the field.

So, when I first heard there was going to be a new side league, I thought « good, maybe they are finally going to create a league with maybe a maximum limit for clubs spendings and players salaries ».

Then I read about it, and no, just a new way to make more money while weakening other leagues...  big -1 

• Like 2
  • 100 2