Dream Travel

Chef<3

With the actual situation it's not really possible to travel. But talking about it and sharing experiences is a little bit like travelling.

For those like me who love to travel and love to talk about it I propose 2 subjects in one :

- What kind of travel would you dream of and in wich country ?

- If you already had the chance to travel before, do you have a crazy/unusual/funny anecdote(story) to share ?

Right now I would love to go in New Caledonia (A french island near australia), it looks breathtaking ! I have family there (And I'm almost the only one who hasn't visit yet).

But any country where I can have my backpack, a beautiful beach and a sunset (with a mojito ...) and I'm good ! 

The most incredible experience I had travelling was in Ecuador and Columbia. I swan during night in the sea full of phytoplankton (I'm not sure the term is exact). It's only on certain spot around the world and when the night is really dark, when you swim your movements create fluorescent lights around you and it's really incredible. With my poor english it's not  easy to describe so I'm adding a link to youtube that show better what it looks like 😃 

(I hope it's the right place to create topic like this)

I'm looking forward to read your stories (=

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Preparing my old car for a huge road trip across all the europe at least, Take my brother with me.. Yeah that will be my dream for sure. :) 

(and that's why I keep it, that will happend one day ) 😄 

• Like 4

The only place that I really want to go to is Iceland and the American West because of the landscapes especially the Sierra Nevada mountain range. When I was studying architecture, in my final year, I did my entire project on the American landscape and since then I've been wanting to go see them. 

When I was a kid, I used go to Syria every summer before the war, that country is the most beautiful place in the Middle East. Also their pistachio ice cream is the best.

I've also been to Iraq many times as I have family there. During one of those visits, there was a bomb explosion like 5 miles from where I was staying. Another time, I got interrogated by the police for carrying a camera around. Security over there is intense, checkpoints everywhere with machine gun mounted humvees and just to exit the airport, you have to go through like 6 x-ray machines.

• Like 2

@Hitch Iceland?! I'm with you on that. Lets go! 🤣

Spain and Italy would be definite destination spots to experience the amazing futbol and cuisine both countries have produced! Egypt and the pyramids, New Zealand to travel into middle earth 😄 too many places and such little time to experience such things. 

Being in a band for many years I got to experience traveling on the road every night on occasion. A few of my favorite or most memorable were going from Houston to Phoenix in one long miserable shot. The landscapes of the southwest are mesmerizing! Driving up the Pacific coast of Southern California into Northern California and having parties on various beaches. The ocean is like one big natural lullaby. Oh, also another one is driving into Las Vegas at night. You can see the lights from miles away. It's comparable to finding the gold at the end of the road so to speak. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas  ;) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, XeRoiX said:

Forget the stunning landscapes, you and me both know the real reason why we'd go. 

wink wink 

• Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

7 minutes ago, Hitch said:

Forget the stunning landscapes, you and me both know the real reason why we'd go. 

wink wink 

Ah crap! Abort mission! 😧  VERIFY: Will Iceland pay you to move and marry Icelandic women? | krem.com

12 minutes ago, Hitch said:

wink wink 

Now I'm curious lol, I want to go but mostly for the northern lights and the actual landscapes 😅

Other places I want to visit are Italy, Croatia and Estonia in europe, the USA not sure where yet but I heard San Fransisco is nice, and I have a closet ready @Salverius his place in las vegas hehe

Also Costa Rica, Bahamas and Jamaica... Probably many more as I'm a massive travel addict

I've enjoyed my visit to Crete a lot, Dublin as well and my main travel memory is having a guy follow me in the ladies bathroom after he paid for one drink in the nightclub at the hotel in Corfu, luckily pushing him away did the trick, weird af though but not enough to scare me from solo travel however it shouldn't be the case anymore in the future

#wanderlust

PS also in love with Canada, Vancouver area specifically but the whole country is most likely impressive

Edited by Sisje
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

To Japan or Mongolia and back using the Transiberian train would be me dream travel as I hate plane. I've almost always enjoyed all the places I've visited, but I've been mostly in France (can recommend beautiful or unusual places in the country btw, Paris is overrated compared to the rest). Ireland was my fav foreign country, was at Fennit and Connemara, saw dolphins and seals :) I have a lot of funny anecdotes to tell but out of context it's quite bland imo

• Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 3:31 PM, DeKing said:

Preparing my old car for a huge road trip across all the europe at least, Take my brother with me.. Yeah that will be my dream for sure. :) 

(and that's why I keep it, that will happend one day ) 😄 

Call me bro whenever you want ahah 😛  What kind of car is it ?  Like a van or something ? 

On 12/31/2020 at 6:16 PM, XeRoiX said:

Count me in too ! The northern lights is definitly on my todolist ! Seems so beautiful ...

On 12/31/2020 at 6:16 PM, XeRoiX said:

Spain and Italy would be definite destination spots to experience the amazing futbol and cuisine both countries have produced!

You have misstype, you meant France right ? 😇 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:44 PM, Kat0n said:

To Japan or Mongolia and back using the Transiberian train 

I was supposed to go in Japan a few years ago and it's still in my head, I definitly want to go there in April to see the flowers 😃 

And Mongolia ... I'd love to have a horse in the steppes. It's seems incredible too.

On 12/31/2020 at 7:00 PM, Sisje said:

I've enjoyed my visit to Crete a lot, Dublin as well  and my main travel memory is having a guy follow me in the ladies bathroom after he paid for one drink in the nightclub at the hotel in Corfu, luckily pushing him away did the trick, weird af though but not enough to scare me from solo travel however it shouldn't be the case anymore in the future

It was in temple bar ? ahah 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 6:44 PM, Kat0n said:

To Japan or Mongolia and back using the Transiberian train would be me dream travel as I hate plane. I've almost always enjoyed all the places I've visited, but I've been mostly in France (can recommend beautiful or unusual places in the country btw, Paris is overrated compared to the rest). Ireland was my fav foreign country, was at Fennit and Connemara, saw dolphins and seals :) I have a lot of funny anecdotes to tell but out of context it's quite bland imo

I've been to Japan before, everything over there runs smoothly. Trains are never late. The streets are so clean, no trash anywhere. If I knew the language, I wouldn't mind living there.

Meanwhile the streets in the UK look like crap.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@DeKing If I come to France, will you show me around? 😛 

I've been to Paris once but I really struggled because it seems like French people hate speaking English. I hate travelling mostly because I don't want to act like those obnoxious tourists. 

Edited by Hitch
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

5 minutes ago, Hitch said:

If I come to France, will you show me around?

Of course mate :) that will be a pleasure! Come here when you want ! 

Yes, frenchs.. they think everybody who put a foot on their country should be speaking perfectly french... We hate speak english because we have a shitty accent I think 🤣

Found someone living in a country and I'm sure you will found interesting things that tourists will never knows ;) 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

@Hitch if you stop panzering my face in Jay2 I'll show you nice stuff in France too 😃 

I'm living in Lyon : Good food ! 👍

I want to visit the old french castle when the situation will allow it. Seems really nice !

• Like 2