Problem RATE forced

Lenovo

it is diff it is goofy now i dont like it.. it  makes hit registry goofy on jay2 .. if there ping is not so good anyway now they can shoot around corners .. and disappear in frames. 34000 is better..i think.maybe i need to adjust my cfg..but this 45000 rate 100 packets force isnt for everyone.

If i see the amount of new players we keep because they dont lagg massively and leave its already more then worth to have this and if you dont like it put it in your cfg and load your cfg everymap simple
but its clear we are keeping a lot more new players in jay1 

12 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

hello fa land i want to hear your thoughts on this ..

ive noticed that  fa forces  your rate to 45000 

what i also noticed  high pingers now are even  harder to hit.. like it messes with hit registry . warpers are now even more frame skipping... an people can run right thru u.

im not a fan of this... maybe i can adjust .may be it works better in silent or nq but jaymod this rate is garbage to me...

Edited by RedBaird
merged...thanks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DFighter said:

If i see the amount of new players we keep because they dont lagg massively and leave its already more then worth to have this and if you dont like it put it in your cfg and load your cfg everymap simple
but its clear we are keeping a lot more new players in jay1 

do u play on jay2 much dfighter .. maybe 3 new players in 4 months .lol ill just say this im not gonna  have to change my cfg everymap i know this!!!!!!!! an my self only had few times where language was barrier and we still helped em get it fixed. im not into pushing people away from et.. an the way u posted this seems like f u captn .. figure ur shit out..this didnt make me happy!..i am a admin on jay2 i dont mind helping people.

maybe change it in dl so et doesnt dl  u at 5000rate and 15 maxpackets.

an et only needs 13000 rate and 30 maxpackets!

Edited by captnconcrete

• Administrators
On 12/2/2018 at 7:14 AM, captnconcrete said:

do u play on jay2 much dfighter .. maybe 3 new players in 4 months .lol ill just say this im not gonna  have to change my cfg everymap i know this!!!!!!!! an my self only had few times where language was barrier and we still helped em get it fixed. im not into pushing people away from et.. an the way u posted this seems like f u captn .. figure ur shit out..this didnt make me happy!..i am a admin on jay2 i dont mind helping people.

maybe change it in dl so et doesnt dl  u at 5000rate and 15 maxpackets.

an et only needs 13000 rate and 30 maxpackets!

No. That's old ET bud. 30 maxpackets are really horrible with 50 players. Their is a reason why etpro always enforced rate of 25000 and maxpackets to 100 even with 3 vs 3 match.  

Rate - 13000 was for 56K modems. You will remember those dial up lines. 

This is brand new functionality.  We might be able to change it to force on joining server and then players can change it up for their session OR on each map start only. Mostly later one.  I am open for feedback but you all need to understand, Rome wasn't build in a day. So to strike the balance it might take sometime. 

We might even add pk3 so you can tell to players do v567 to fix their maxpackets and rate. Nothing is set in stone. 

• Like 2

im open minded .

and i  can adjust.. 

thnk u fellas for keeping it real..

always  got me  flustered when  et still dls at stock settings. wish i had the time for it anymore . i just pewpew die spawn repeat!.

thx!

I for one am glad it's forced so many with wrong settings. 

Server seems to lag alot less then previous, late evening gets a bit choppy for me. But over all I'm happy with it. 

I don't know why anyone with a 200 ping would want 30 max packets, other then to try and manipulate connection. And that was happening often. I always thought unstable connections make the server lag more.. I will hold my  hands up and say I moan about lag because its one of the main reasons I wanna give up 😂😂 when things run smoothly it makes you happier and you wanna stick around longer. I'm not sure on rate each to there own but falsed max packets is a definite. 

Edited by HOTSPUR

• Platinum VIP

I've gotten used to it. I'm not even changing mine back manually anymore and I think most people on the server are the same

• Like 1

• Administrators

I have increased cl_maxpackets to 125 max range as an option for those playing on NQ, silent and Nitmod servers. This way they can use ETlegacy features.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

• Administrators
Just now, Eazy said:

Seems like force rate is no more active on jay 1 , i feel the difderence . Imo it was better with everyone rate 45000  maxpackets 100

It's supposed to happen only on map start so players can use different maxpackets as they see fit. Sadly jaymod doesn't have support sv_cvar so it's all custom functionality. We will take a look why it's not working on map start. Thanks!

4 hours ago, daredevil said:

I have increased cl_maxpackets to 125 max range as an option for those playing on NQ, silent and Nitmod servers. This way they can use ETlegacy features.

It should work on HC ?

And dont ask me if i am using ETL...you know i do. LOL

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Gengis said:

It should work on HC ?

And dont ask me if i am using ETL...you know i do. LOL

Gengis

In theory, yes. ET 300 server binaries are from trackbase. Not sure if that one supports or not. I haven't checked on server side stuff, yet. I believe cl_maxpackets are clamped on client side so i believe ETlegacy should work. 

• Administrators

Update - 

Seems like target fix for cl_maxpackets to 125 is version 2.76 and public version is 2.75. Wait for new version of ETLegacy. Then you can use it up.

• Like 3