Windows New Mouse - G502

daredevil

• Administrators

Got the G502 few months back and never got hang of it. I am using Logitech G Hub. Any good settings to have stable sensitivity? Anyone experienced with G502?  

OS - Windows 10.

Thanks

I've been using a Logitech G700s for several years now, it's a much different mouse from the G502, but the software should be the same or similar. Hopefully I could provide some insight.
Could you say what you mean by "never got the hang of it"? You mention stable sensitivity- I'm guessing it's a problem so severe that you notice it through your hand movements. Do you notice that the settings set via the Logitech G Hub change automatically, or do they stay the same? (This is a problem that seems to be widely discussed across the web) Could you share your settings (resolution (dpi), polling rate, etc) and whether you use a hard/soft/no mousepad? Any old software or previous drivers still installed from mice built by other manufacturers?

If nothing else, this info above should help someone who has a G502 to help you out. (I could always go get one too-- I need a new mouse after all)
Cheers!

11 hours ago, Xernicus said:

If nothing else, this info above should help someone who has a G502 to help you out. (I could always go get one too-- I need a new mouse after all)
Cheers!

Don't do it mate, I too have the 700s and use each and every one of the 13 programable buttons and like the 4 by my thumb, the 502 only has 11 buttons and only 3 by the thumb which doesn't sound that bad but if like me you use them all then which ones would you be willing to lose. lol

I do like the look of the 502 but I'll be sticking with my 700s for a while longer yet.

• Platinum VIP

I looked at the 700 with all those buttons. Too easy to hit the wrong one and for a game like ET, that's just overkill. The problem I had with the 502 was it was 2 small for my hand and the ring and pinkie fingers on my right hand kept dragging on my mouse pad

17 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I looked at the 700 with all those buttons. Too easy to hit the wrong one and for a game like ET, that's just overkill. The problem I had with the 502 was it was 2 small for my hand and the ring and pinkie fingers on my right hand kept dragging on my mouse pad

Haha, Yes and no tbh, i do hit the wrong buttons by mistake once in a blue moon but biggest problem i have buttons wise is that i get a heavy middle finger now and again so end up reloading mid fire fight..... but that would happen on any mouse for me as my reload is the normal rt mouse button.

Its the 4 by the thumb i like and use the most along with the 5-6 scroll wheel buttons (push scroll wheel left/right), i've also just assigned numbers to them for ET so i have pistol (2), smg (3), knife (1) and nade (4) assigned to the thumb buttons.

Had this G700s for a bout 2 years now but as with most things its each to their own i suppose, before this 700s i had a G9 and before that i had the G7 wireless mouse. The G9 was nice but odd shape and quite small but worked very well.... the G7 was total crap and replaced with the G9 by logitech support when the G7 died a death. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Ive been using the 502 for about a year now.  like it alot.  Couple things. i like the hard plastic mouse pad over the soft one and the 502 allows you to choose which one you like.  the button behind the scroll button unlocks the scroll so its no click. The second one behind the scroll allows you to shoose which of 3 prechosen settings you want to use.  After you choose one of the 3 settings use your soft ware to set how fast you want your mouse to move.  You set those in the program.  So say you want really slow movements then a little faster then a little faster you can set those speeds on the software.  Then do the same with the other 2 or 3 settings you can choose by using the second button.  Now youll have two buttons. on the thumb side near the top and forward.  You can click the formost button to make your mouse move to the next already chosen speed and the rearmost button to decrease those speeds.  You can see all that by watching the software settings and clicking the buttons, and by how many lights are lit indicating the position chosen. Personally i havent seen the need for 3 sets or more of preset settings, just one works for me.  However i find that in doi sniper i can choose a faster mouse speed to more quickly find enemies.  For regular sights a slower speed might be used.  I know this has confused you more but i would be glad to discord you on it if you want.  You can access the software by looking the the blue G button on your desk top or programs loaded menue at the bottom right.  From that you can adjust your mouse or your keyboard. GL.

Edited by Kooki
  • Like 1

I bought the G502 two months ago. I played with a G500 for a while and thought it would be a nice replacement. I find it precise but hard to handle, probably because of my grip technique.

Move well on a steelseries mousepad.

Robust.

Button G9 is useless imo because too difficult to reach ( at least while gaming).

I removed all the adjustable weights

Good mouse overall. Better than a razer ? Yes ofc, but I m biased because i hate razer mice. 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Letdown said:

I bought the G502 two months ago. I played with a G500 for a while and thought it would be a nice replacement. I find it precise but hard to handle, probably because of my grip technique.

Robust.

Button G9 is useless imo because too difficult to reach ( at least while gaming).

Good mouse overall. Better than a razer ? Yes ofc, but I m biased because i hate razer mice. 😂

O yeah letdown I forgot you had a bad experience with razer 😂 😂 😂 but thanks anyway for info 👍 

• Platinum VIP
15 hours ago, Letdown said:

Robust.

Really?? I moved from the G502 to the Death Adder Elite and I really like it. What don't you like about Razer mice?