Avicii, top electronic dance music artist, found dead at 28

DFighter

Avicii accepts the favorite electronic dance music artist award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles

Swedish DJ Avicii, one of the world's biggest dance music stars, has died in Oman at the age of 28.

Avicii's club anthems include Wake Me Up, Hey Brother, and recently, Lonely Together with Rita Ora.

His representative said in a statement: "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.

"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time."

No cause of death was announced, and Avicii's representative said no further statements would be issued.

The electronic dance music (EDM) star, who reportedly made $250,000 (£180,000) a night on tour, had struggled with some health issues in the past, having his gall bladder and appendix removed in 2014.

He announced his retirement from touring in 2016, partly because of the health problems.

"I know I am blessed to be able to travel all around the world and perform, but I have too little left for the life of a real person behind the artist," he said at the time.

more info tweets and source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43841194

• Sad 2

I’m really sad of these news. In the past two years I’ve started to listen more edm and I’ve really fallen for it. I listened to a dance music show just tonight on the radio and got the news, some tears may have come to my eyes.

He was a great artist, and had such a great improvement from his early years. Sadly he had some problems with his lifestyle, and I believe that took him away too early. 

Rest in peace Avicii.

• Like 1