F|A JAYMOD #2 XPS - XP save issue [Resolved]

daredevil

• Administrators

I went ahead and fixed XP save issue which happened 4 days back. You all should have XP's and level's back. 

• Like 4

Still missing my xp daredevil. i had just hit the 30000 mark, seems like my xp constantly gets lost, its been hapenning on and off ever since I started constantly gaming on F|A servers about a year ago.

It only happens on F|A servers, I dont think it's an issue on my end as many players keep telling me to fix my guid...

Edited by d33j@y

• Administrators

Re fixed for jay2 and jay3 both. 

Still missing my xp daredevil. i had just hit the 30000 mark, seems like my xp constantly gets lost, its been hapenning on and off ever since I started constantly gaming on F|A servers about a year ago.

It only happens on F|A servers, I dont think it's an issue on my end as many players keep telling me to fix my guid...

Try again please. Thanks

Everything was fine on jay2 fir me yesterday night. I had my XP and my level.

Gengis

hey daredevil,

sorry to keep bugging about xp, mine was restored earlyer today but this evening it went back to zero... could you send me a link on how to back up my files?? maybe?

thanks

canadian wolf

Only thing you need to keep XP\levels(if any) is 1kb in size file called "etkey". Its usually in folder C:\program files\Wolfenstein-Enemy territory\etmain, or wherever your ET is installed at. Also your settings for connection\HUD is saved in C:\program files\Wolfenstein-Enemy territory\jaymod(or whatever mod you are playing)\profiles\yourplayername etconfic.cfg. You can save "etkey" wherever it lasts for long time: email it yourself, USB, backup HD\DVD... And if the need comes just copy paste etkey to your etmain folder. Also remember to enable PB. Do \cl_guid  to see if you have any GUID for XP save.

Also I´m wondering what was the time interval between XP save restore point and the time it was put in use. Some may have gathered great amount of XP with that time?

• Leader

XP-restores happen quickly when they do occur.  Somebody losing 1k XP so that another can regain their 300k XP seems fair to me.

d33j@y  you can type /cl_guid in console to check your GUID, which is derived from your etkey.

If your GUID is not all 0s, then (your etkey IS ok) AND (your PB client IS turned on).

• Administrators

Also I´m wondering what was the time interval between XP save restore point and the time it was put in use. Some may have gathered great amount of XP with that time?

Every night we take xp file back ups.. i.e. 24 hrs ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

lost xp again

Do you have ETkey? Because I don't see size of user.db changed. 

@d33jay - check that etkey file exists in the etmain folder of your wolfenstein installation folder - if it is still there, enter the server, type into console: /pb_cl_enable (hit enter) then /reconnect (hit enter) - see if that helps :)

@d33jay - check that etkey file exists in the etmain folder of your wolfenstein installation folder - if it is still there, enter the server, type into console: /pb_cl_enable (hit enter) then /reconnect (hit enter) - see if that helps :)

Remember you have to enable pb in both ETMAIN and JAYMOD(or whichever MOD you are playing in: etpub, silent, nq, noquarter). Also do you run ET as administrator? And if you play in other servers try pk3 cleaner from downloads section.

Also when your ET is under C:\Program Files you might have to fiddle with security options in order to get access to ET.