Hey dudes

bubblehash

Hey all. Been playing on the FA servers for a while and excited to get more involved with the community.

I fell in love with ET in ~2005 when the IT admins at college ran a LAN on the lab computers. I've been playing on and off since then with decent gaps for all of the life that's happened in the middle. I played pretty heavily a few years ago and stumbled on the FA servers at the time. I had to give up gaming for life stuff, but I always remembered the custom home screen. My kids got to the point where I could pick it back up so I've been playing regularly since last summer. I couldn't remember any specifics, but I joined jay1 randomly one day, saw dangers name, and knew I had found it again. The home screen on my next game session confirmed it. Side note, it'd be a lot easier to find jay1 if it had "FA" in the name when populated in the server list.

I spend most of my time on jay1. I'm a mediocre fragger (it just seems like it'd be exhausting to dance around like a crazy person every time you shoot), but I try to be a good team player. The game is supposed to be fun, but it's not fun when you can't get ammo or revs from the support classes double jumping overhead. Mortar dude needs ammo and gets no love from fdops? It only takes like 20 seconds to to change class, wait for spawn timer, give ammo, go back to original class. Getting frustrated looking at fellow dead engineers while going after objective? Change to medic and start dive bombing the plant location with them. That's like the whole point of this game. My main life rule is to not be a D to people, so hopefully I haven't made any enemies yet :)

I'm hoping to join up and become an admin after I get time to read through the wiki. This community and the servers they support have given me a lot of mental peace over the years, and I'd love to help keep it going.

• Like 8