Why Does This Happen

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

So many times, I'll get the first shots on someone and get 2 or 3+ shots and they'll turn to fire back and their shots push me off my aim, but my shots aren't affecting their aim. Probably not a good way to describe it, but it's weird and i kinda hate it

• Like 2

I know what you mean. Depends if those shots are head or not. The knock back is client side only, as to say your mouse hasnt moved then the cross hair is still where it was until you move the mouse. Even though you are seeing the cross hair bounce up on your client side screen. so if you are getting headshots and they start hitting you if you compensate for the knockback you have moved your aim to be off target. Hard to compensate for because the brain wants to re aim based on what its seeing. the mouse is independent of what we see so if you were on head you still are.. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
22 hours ago, Barn!e said:

I know what you mean. Depends if those shots are head or not. The knock back is client side only, as to say your mouse hasnt moved then the cross hair is still where it was until you move the mouse. Even though you are seeing the cross hair bounce up on your client side screen. so if you are getting headshots and they start hitting you if you compensate for the knockback you have moved your aim to be off target. Hard to compensate for because the brain wants to re aim based on what its seeing. the mouse is independent of what we see so if you were on head you still are.. :)

I'm sure I totally understand but it's weird and I'm sure I'm not the only one, unless it's a CFG thing (mine or theirs). Like I can start hitting them from the side or behind and get 3 or 4 hits (not all headshots) and that person will turn and start shooting and MY aim gets knocked off, but not theirs? I don't get it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I'm sure I totally understand but it's weird and I'm sure I'm not the only one, unless it's a CFG thing (mine or theirs). Like I can start hitting them from the side or behind and get 3 or 4 hits (not all headshots) and that person will turn and start shooting and MY aim gets knocked off, but not theirs? I don't get it

Based on Barnie's explanation. He is saying that the knockback is only a visual thing and doesn't actually affect the position of your crosshair. If you adjust to counter what you see, then you will go off.

What I recommend is recording when it happens and then using Sunlights demoviewer to remove the knockback so you can see what your crosshair is aiming at during those fights. Compare with and without then maybe you could get an understanding of what is actually happening.

PS. Head shots probably makes the  knock back worse and also I think when the guys quickly turn around and dink dink dink you, its more reflex than them actually aiming so the knock back wont affect them. Just a guess. What you think?

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP

From what I remember I do think taking shots slightly increases your bullet spread as your crosshair starts pulsing (unless you wisely use cg_crosshairpulse = 0, only changes the visual pulse not the actual spread) but it does not make a massive difference and it is only in effect for a few frames after getting hit. The rest is explained very well by Barnie. Personally I always play with the same sensitivity so I have a natural feeling of how much I need to move to make a 90° turn. So instead of having to look at a shaking camera from taking hits I will just guess it based on how much mousemovement was needed to turn towards the opponent (also learning to turn while staying on headshot angle is worthwhile practice, although it will only truely come to fruition on flat surfaces

• Like 1

I was a bit stoned so my explanation rambled lol..

I find high fps and mouse polling also can give a spin around and shoot advantage, in my opinion... but dont ask me to prove it. i get it with bots sometimes when you back them but lazy body shots and they spin round and take you out. As Destiny said might be the way the spread works too. 144hz screens and new graphics cards etc...

run ccleaner and superantispyware, delete all the map pk3's put everything on max with nvidia inspector or clockblocker and set high fps say 200 and see how you get on then.

• Like 1

• Leader
8 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

I always play with the same sensitivity so I have a natural feeling

Something changed recently with my mouse and I am groping for new settings for it.

On Marrakech, I can no longer  do a 180-degree flip and run backwards out of the Allied 2nd spawn to check the balcony for Axis infiltrator back-shooters. :( (BTW, when I first started doing that, it was not "planned":  I just started doing it one day! :o )

I thought everyone knew this was a Jaymod thing? the kick back won't affect your cursor aim/crosshair just annoy u to hell, ive never liked it and im sure some players have found a way to get around it, we just to have to accept the fact jaymod wanted to make it more realistic maybe? like i said im not a fan

Edited by DrSpreadem
:)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrSpreadem said:

I thought everyone knew this was a Jaymod thing? the kick back won't affect your cursor aim/crosshair just annoy u to hell, ive never liked it and im sure some players have found a way to get around it, we just to have to accept the fact jaymod wanted to make it more realistic maybe? like i said im not a fan

I am pretty sure its on all mods. If not, direct me to that mod because it would be super easy to kill people without any knockback from being hit. :D 

• Platinum VIP

First, I had a talk with Haru yesterday and a few things. 1, I don't have this problem short range as much as long range. 2, I have a bad habit too many times holding the "fire" button down instead of tapping each shot - which is probably just old age creeping in. It could have a lot to do with Anti-lag and my 43 ping vs someone with a 115+ ping in the NL

• Platinum VIP
52 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

First, I had a talk with Haru yesterday and a few things. 1, I don't have this problem short range as much as long range. 2, I have a bad habit too many times holding the "fire" button down instead of tapping each shot - which is probably just old age creeping in. It could have a lot to do with Anti-lag and my 43 ping vs someone with a 115+ ping in the NL

Bullet spread should indeed affect you less in short range, that makes sense. I don't think there is any merit in tapping rather than firing unless you aren't actually on target and need to re-adjust 🤔 What is your take on tapping?

• Platinum VIP
6 minutes ago, Dest!Ny said:

Bullet spread should indeed affect you less in short range, that makes sense. I don't think there is any merit in tapping rather than firing unless you aren't actually on target and need to re-adjust 🤔 What is your take on tapping?

It depends. Spontaneous, up close - guy just came form around the corner - hold the button down is just instinct. Shooting more at a distance at targets that may not see you right away, tapping each shot

• Like 2