Which tutorials would you like?

Xernicus

Tutorials  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which tutorial would you like to see the most?

• Ways to detect HDD failure and how to recover data
    • Network optimization for gaming + What exactly does TCP Optimizer do?
    • Setting up web forms and connections to MongoDB/SQL

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey folks! I've got some tutorials I've been meaning to finish up, and I'd like your opinion on what you'd like to see.
In an ideal world, I'd get all of them done- but my schedule is pretty packed. So I've thrown a poll in, and I kindly ask that you vote for one. I haven't included every idea I have, just the ones I've made progress on. Feel free to comment with ideas for future tutorials though!

EDIT: Please submit your vote before August 31th, 2019. Thanks for your votes!

Edited by Xernicus
extended poll, thanks for your votes!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this- there's only one vote. 😧
At this point, there's not enough interest for me to continue working on my tutorials and they won't be published at this time.

Here's some background info on the tutorials:

1: How to early-detect drive failure and rescue your data from a failing or failed drive using both *NIX and Windows.
2: Demystifying TCPOptimizer and other utilities like Razer GameBooster
3: For web devs: Setting up e-commerce sites or internal inventory management systems.

• Sad 1

Extending the poll, because I think there's more interest than the votes show. Will close it on the 31st now.

Lots of effort will be put into these, so that's why I'm looking for feedback. Goal is to make it easy even for someone who doesn't know what a windows key is.

Even more simplified explanations:
1. Data. Savey. (AKA Your computer runs slow, and startup repair comes up every time? This is probably the tutorial for you)
2. Tweaks that might make your ping lower. And what's snake oil, and what's legit. (Plus how it works!)
3. What happens behind the scenes when you buy something from a shop like amazon. (And how to set something like that up yourself!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Leader
4 hours ago, Xernicus said:

Goal is to make it easy even for someone who doesn't know what a windows key is.

That is a Very Worthy Goal!  

• 100 1

Don't feel disheartened mate, i think tbh most people tend to only really look for help and tutorials when they need it sort of thing.

I'm sure if you do the tutorials a good few will use them and be thankful, i'll certainly take a gander at the HDD one and would happy add my tuppence regarding data recovery, had lots of experience in data recovery from using simple tools like getdataback and spinrite to reading and recovering files from RAW partitions etc.

Write them and people will come (see what i did there) :D

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Waiting for network optimisation tutorial. It won't fix my ping cuz I've got the worst connection in the place I live but I always love reading your tips Xerni! :)

• Haha 1
  • 100 1

Thanks all for your votes! Poll closed.
Looks like I'll be working on the HDD and data recovery tutorial first. Should be all finished by the end of this year. Rest will remain on the backburner until 2020 for now, but I'll be sure to publish them due to the interest.
Tutorials will be multi-part, still trying to figure out whether to make separate tutorials for each part or post them up on a blog, I'll figure it out though.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2