What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

Kirkov

Unfortunately my riding season is too short in the upper Midwest of the United States but I love restoring and riding motorcycles. Currently I have two, a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR and a 2000 Kawasaki ZG1000. Prior to these I restored a number of older 70's Honda and Triumphs but as I got into track days needed something with a little more oomph so got the Fireblade. Don't really love chain maintenance so got the ZG1000 for my everyday commuter as it has shaft drive, can haul my stuff, and has a better sitting position for navigating traffic. It's also better and longer trips. Plus it sports a slightly detuned liter motor from the Ninja lineup.

As for the Fireblade it is older now but still has it in all the right places. Upgraded the suspension a few years back so it definitely keeps pace in the corners. 

Anyhow, if you ride what do you have and why do you love it?

• Like 1

I used to ride a Hayabusa 1300 with limiter first. after i crashed that one (because of a car which was coming out of a side street without looking) i bought another hayabusa 1300 this time without limiter :3

as i get older i don't ride fast anymore.. i switched from the hayabusa to a BMW 1200 GS R :)

Season starts in about a month or one and a half months :)

Remember to keep driving safe ;)

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Quite the change from a 'busa to a GS! Would love to ride one of those big adventure bikes but I just don't have the inseam to make that work. Did you every watch a movie called "Long way round" with Ewan McGregor? They really put those GS's through some stuff!

• Platinum VIP

BMW K1200LT.  You can see my pic in members gallery.  We just completed the dragon's tail ride in the smokies when this was taken.  Remember, ride it like you stole it.

Edited by Kooki
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Kooki said:

BMW K1200LT.  You can see my pic in members gallery.  We just completed the dragon's tail ride in the smokies when this was taken.  Remember, ride it like you stole it.

Some day I hope to ride the dragon! I've watched a number of riders vids and it looks like a blast. The closest thing I have is Hwy 1 between Silver Bay and Ely, Mn. Total it's about 346 miles but nearly as many turns. Great scenery though. Nice bike! Love the big Beemers. Nice silky power.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Had a 1979 Triumph Bonneville special put 40k miles on it & it never hit the ground.

Spent an entire month camping in Colorado on it.

pic is a stock photo.mine had straight pipes

Now I am a Biker with no bike.

Due to expense & the small window to ride it in central Illinois.

Looking for a basket case Harley pre 1972 or Triumph ‘79 or earlier...

9CBAB43E-90F4-4332-A6DF-9DDC9CDDB4B1.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/30/2019 at 7:20 PM, HotGlock said:

Had a 1979 Triumph Bonneville special put 40k miles on it & it never hit the ground.

Spent an entire month camping in Colorado on it.

pic is a stock photo.mine had straight pipes

Now I am a Biker with no bike.

Due to expense & the small window to ride it in central Illinois.

Looking for a basket case Harley pre 1972 or Triumph ‘79 or earlier...

9CBAB43E-90F4-4332-A6DF-9DDC9CDDB4B1.jpeg

Nice scoot!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • ET Member

2000 Road King,  and a 98 Harley Eletra Glide ( Police Bike )

Rode both until 2 bad accidents on duty.   I didn't want to see what the 3rd one would bring :x

I miss riding  :(