Browser Internet Speed Battle !

On 7-4-2018 at 11:44 PM, HOTSPUR said:

And that would be where??? UK must have  rubbish Internet then. 

I have two UK friends I know well enough to know both their location and internet speed, and I can conclude two things.

-Hastings has the crappiest internet in the world of crappy internets.

-Hayward's Heath and Brighton have sufficient internet to play on Hardcore in RPG's, where a single internet dropout means losing months of work.

I, for one, play on hardcore because I am insane. I have no internet, I have WiFi. And a broken WiFi adapter in my laptop, that likes to kick me out at random. Furthermore, the wifi depends on my location, which switches quite often. Quite frankly, I am not even willing to run a speedtest because I suspect I will be the mockery of the forum if I did that :D

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, Dmitriy said:

18 Eur / Mese :) Questa velocità va dalla Lituania alla Germania ... Velocità locale circa ~ 950/580. FTTH (fibra a casa)

do not say too much around, someone could in spite tear the optical cable :lol

This is the best results I have ever received. I usually see 1/mbs up and download speed. AT&T's Highest Speed Internet Package in a nutshell right here.

image.png

Edited by Sonofdoc

4 hours ago, Sonofdoc said:

This is the best results I have ever received. I usually see 1/mbs up and download speed. AT&T's Highest Speed Internet Package in a nutshell right here.

image.png

tell ur pops to  get u some better internet geepers...that is slow! for gaming.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i have 2 connection 1 Fiber and 1 ADSL old

This test for ADSL old

1735963060_SpeedtestFastweb.jpg.974b43c15c659019b2bdf04a00b61bab.jpg

i have ping 80 on Jay3 with 1 old modem with 1 old firmware, 1 play with 40 ppl, i get 50-60 frags at round if use camping mode, the problem of uploading is evident in the close duel, they are defunct to 95%

Edited by JirenTV

My suggestion: get on a 5GHz band (if you're not already) or get a USB 802.11ac adapter for gaming on Wi-Fi. That ping and jitter will plummet. Have fun!

1859331348_wifiinfo.jpg.070a026751ab599e5919c80837308292.jpg

9 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

Il mio suggerimento: salire su una banda a 5GHz (se non lo sei già) o avere un adattatore USB 802.11ac per giocare su Wi-Fi. Il ping e il jitter crolleranno. Divertiti!

My Modem is strange, the 2.4Ghz is more qualitative than 5.0GHz

look at the picture of the Wi-fi Info

I've always played better with 2.4

Edited by JirenTV

10 minutes ago, Cquattro said:

My Modem is strange, the 2.4Ghz is more qualitative than 5.0GHz

look at the picture of the Wi-fi Info

I've always played better with 2.4

You may need a repeater for 5GHz. The narrower wavelength makes the signal hard to travel through walls.

Also based on the modes reported, if you are not using a device older than 2010, you can set your 2.4GHz access point "802.11 mode" to N only or N/AC (and get a cheap USB adapter to use AC mode).
It might reduce interference and make the connection better.

Edited by Xernicus
Clarified - "it" to "the signal"
  • Like 1