What was the last movie you watched? - Part 2

daredevil

kp.thumb.png.675a51d53269d129af1498815e8679d2.png

Very lame movie. They grabbed some ideas that sound good. But they pushed all these together in a very bad way. And ofc, the basic of every low effort science fiction movie "we cant explain it, it is nanotechnology". Explained every tech thing very poorly. Characters were unbeliable, stupid. Interesting how Morgan Freeman is in movies where there is a nonexistant tech shitly explained or something existing knowledge is explained incorrectly. Id give it 3 or 4 out of 10. It was long time ago I saw such a bad movie

kp.thumb.png.cb0fa472d661219ccb19f2dec6b7477a.png
This was funny, unexpected concept, likable characters. A bit idiotic characters, but that was not the point. Except the main "bad" character was written in a bit idiotic way, which was important, not like the side characters. But overal it was good. Also I liked the happy ending. Its like a 7.5/10 for me

kp.thumb.png.07f33665b1cb2236eb859ae2bf0bd277.png

...interesting concept. There is literally no logic to explain anything related to the main idea behind this movie, But I just accepted that it works this way, because why not. The end had an interesting, but expectable twist. The fact that the main villian who is super rich thought its a good idea to have only 2 man/guards directly under her doing what she asks, and both of them are idiots. But interesting movie. It is a bit boring tho that the "good guys" always win and the "bad guys" always have a shameful defeat, Id have liked something else, maybe a bittersweet victory even, like a sacrifice of some sort. Its like a 6-7 per 10 for me

kp.thumb.png.6f01f6923b3160a64e409e8e866f7be3.png

It was not a bad movie as a concept, yet there were more plotholes in it than actual movie

I know there was an explanation for why children are chosen, they learn to handle the tech faster or something, yet I still dont feel enough justifications for having a children only army against their enemies. Why arent at least experienced commanders sitting next to the children to command them? Or just in a few key positions? Seriously a 16 year old boy is the commander in chief against an enemy where this enemy is feared to destroy Earth and Humanity? Thats just going too far in the fantasy spectrum

Besides I dont really like children movies, but thats just my preference

A child goes to a traning camp, and becomes the superior of a drill sergeant? How....

The consultant (idk her rank, who was next to the colonel the whole time) starts to feel that they are taking away the childhood of these children and gets concerned at that point, when all those things have happend? And she tries to stop the colonel from using children when supposedly only they can save Earth, so these children can have a few years of fun but after that humanity gets wiped out?

Noone, no science group tried to communicate with these ants (I think its called Formic in the movie in English)? Not one person ever goes there to try to establish communication with them in any form? Earth prepares an army and fleet for 50 years to go there and massacre a planet?

When they are defeated, the colonel says "oh no, Im sure all of them are dead now, dont worry". But the kid goes out of their training complex and there are 2 queens of their enemy? Like what seriously. And that queen he communicates with is like "oh, you are responsible to the massacre of my kind, how about we become besties... btw here is my child, the last queen to exist, the last remaining hope my kind can regrow, why dont you take it into your hands, Im sure you will take good care of it". And this kid takes this larvae back to the ship, noone finds it, or noone cares, but he takes it with himself to the middle of nowhere to regrow this whole species, thus sacrificing his life for this goal? This is unbeliavable.

They say "zero gravity", but there is nowhere in the Univerze true zero gravity. They experienced zero G. Two completely different things

Many dialogues just suck as they are

There are many more problems with this movie, like everything happens too quickly, etc. but these things came to my mind about it.

Its enjoyable to watch it once when there is no better movie you can watch, and if you dont try to watch it with a critical eye

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 7:21 PM, Lusciousdrunk said:

Been sick AF here for a few days now. Taking the down time to show my wife some Arnold movies that she’s never seen before. 

get too the chopper .lol if it bleeds we can kill it.lol weird i just watched this also . have u seen the new one  its awsome.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

get too the chopper .lol if it bleeds we can kill it.lol weird i just watched this also . have u seen the new one  its awsome.

I haven’t yet! Definitely going to now!

kp.png.19cdf38589b80e4b9790518f556b946a.png

Literally, dont watch this movie. This is awful. I have seen many movies in my life, this is somewhere in the worst 3 or 5 movies I have watched so far. The beginning is a bit interesting, but it is just bad. The concept could have turned this movie out good, but what is inside this move, that is just bad. It doesnt even worth to explain why this literal shit is bad. Waste of time
  • Thanks 1

Boys Don't Cry (1999) - IMDb

It was not a bad movie. I felt sorry for the main character

That policeman who interrogated her was a real jerk

Although Im not really sure these all really have a chance to happen like this. All of the parts are realistic that makes up the movie, but alltogether it doesnt seem too realistic. But not a bad movie

God of War (2017) - IMDb

There were a lot of historical inaccuracies in it. I think they even swapped the sides in it

Also, 1000 soldiers defeat a 20000 big army?

It was also very complicated and hard to follow who is on whose side. And I wasnt sure who are the good guys in here, so to who to root for

The last fight scene was impressive. Although I cannot really imagine it happening outside of anime (there it would be okey for me). The... (I have to check to characters name) Yamagawa was fighting during whole day, even getting wounds. He didnt have an easy time defeating some of his enemies who were not very skilled. Then he figths with Qi, who is made to look like best fighter in the world, and he defeats him without problem basically. Now, Qi is either a bad fighter and then its okey, or Yamagawa has to struggle killing him. Both shouldnt be false at the same time

At the beginning they ambushed them (dont ask which side, as I said, it was too complicated), and they attack with a cannon which basically destroys their entire fortification. 1 shot. Why couldnt they do it before? Doesnt make sense

They needed the smartest man in their known world to have the thought that the shield their soldiers wear are useless as that doesnt stop anything? But then within days they made thousands of shields that stops everything? No... thats not realistic.

Erased (2012) - IMDb

It is like a basic action movie. Nothing really to think about. Easy plotline. You dont have to think about it, just watch it

But.... that the girl when found out the truth about his father, she runs away, so the father cant protect her, and the father lets her go away. I dont think that should have happend in the movie, or not like this

• Like 1