ET Trick Jumping

Achilles90

As an increasingly rambo medic I've realized recently that if you put adrenaline back on the server it wouldn't really make a difference to most people but might make people like me unstoppable. 

@Gengis we're basically talking about speeding up your character and you're saying you don't see how that is useful. You could become the fastest person on your team giving you that edge to be there in those clutch moments.

The jumps in adlernest from axis spawn are so fantastic everyone should know them. I can land by the entrance to the warehouse. I can crush engis climbing the boxes to plant dyno. I can land on the ramp to the room with the transmitter

@catgirls and who doesn't love catgirls? there's a sequence of jumps from upstairs in frostbite that might be even faster, But I just saw a jump from the ramp on the otherside that puts you on top of the transmitter building so I have to see if I can do that on FA. Another example though of if I had adrenaline it would be ridiculous and would make this so much fun because so few people would really be affected at all.

@BSM both of those rock jumps you can do are jumps I can't do D: and I need to buckle down and learn them because they're fantastic. I'm going to disagree though: I've seen you move through the game, you know what you're doing. The only difference is I don't know you to hit the tj servers. I've gotten a bit into the gamma jumps but it's a definitely hard. There's lots of great tj maps you should play though. 

I've got plenty of jumps I'm planning to record and upload as well as plenty more randomly recorded waiting to be put up. I'm planning to experiment with some way better software but currently this terrible method takes 5 or 10 minutes to put out a video that communicates the point. Things like axis and allies adler jumps deserve a little more editing than I have done this far so that is definitely being planned. There's also tons of advanced jumps that are just darn cool and worth seeing anyways.

@Cheep You're welcome and thank you

• Like 3

@BSM both of those rock jumps you can do are jumps I can't do D: and I need to buckle down and learn them because they're fantastic. I'm going to disagree though: I've seen you move through the game, you know what you're doing. The only difference is I don't know you to hit the tj servers. I've gotten a bit into the gamma jumps but it's a definitely hard. There's lots of great tj maps you should play though. 

Hopped on tjmod in a listen server real quick and recorded the two rock jumps in case you want to reference the keys I am pressing and when. Not that you need it, but take a look if you so please <|:^]

(these clips were done on pmove_fixed "0" btw, so on F|A's servers you should have no problem doing them. Even though HC runs on 0 as well, they did something to the speed or gravity or something. Feels SUPA FAST.  If anything you'll over-jump. I apologize for the bad render settings in advance xD)

You are right btw, whenever I practiced it was always by myself in a private listen server either on etpro or tjmod. Only been to tj servers a couple of times for a very short duration. I'd be down to play with you sometime and learn some new jumps though! Lets do it sometime, fella.

edits: Had to take out an accidental double quote and insert the F|A quote about being supa fast :D

Edited by BSM
  • Like 6

TJ is useful even besides skipping past phases. It's great for moving around. I've surprised people many times by getting around a building or something by TJing and going way faster than they expected.

• Like 2

What do you mean not useful? 

Learn to move like this and you're unstoppable.

100% agree, but Sqzz is from another level though. Besides that, you can't learn trickjumping in a few days (imo).

• Like 2

I hope this thread gets a lot of activity and becomes and something we have a lot of contributors to. Krepox, emal, catgirls: upload your favorite jumps. Or tell us what they are so maybe one of us can put up video of it. Send me a demo and I'll make it into a video. Currently I have been experimenting with obs, trying to record better in game footage for you guys. I've also been recording footage of actual, whole, matches I play now so hopefully I can upload some really awesome in use footage for everyone to enjoy. All of that being said though, I am having a ton of trouble getting my old computer to do so many things at once so unless I can get obs to work we may be stuck with lower quality footage with no sound :(

@BSM those jumps bug me because of the trouble I have getting them. I recorded awesome footage of me getting a variation of the supply rock jump which I will put up in the future. I can't get it the way you do it so seeing how I do it will definitely be interesting for everyone to see. I spent some time on the rock jump from special delivery and wtf dude that one is even trickier. So I need a lot more practice.

To keep this thread fresh I'm just uploading a jump I like from the allies spawn in supply. No one else seems to do it. Just make sure to crouch when you enter the tunnel or you hit your head

• Like 1

I hope this thread gets a lot of activity and becomes and something we have a lot of contributors to.

This thread had me actually register to the forum. Keep it coming!  

Shout out to kevin, cheers mang.

• Like 1

Shout out to kevin, cheers mang.

Wtf is up man!!  Always a pleasure when your ass pops in!  

Edited by CATGIRLS
  • Like 2

Here's a fast way to get around Goldrush.  :P   Trying to set up a decent way to capture so I can get some content to keep this going and this all I got recorded.  It's kinda on topic?

• Like 3

Here's a fast way to get around Goldrush.  :P   Trying to set up a decent way to capture so I can get some content to keep this going and this all I got recorded.  It's kinda on topic?

XD

I always loved trickjumping, although I rage quit everytime I go on a tj server... 

Here's one I made today that got me 2 kills :)

• Like 3