I am Banned??? For Cheating??

AcidParadox

Ok so the story goes like this.......

I came back from best buy and i said, "Time for some ET Gentlemen!!"

Then i clicked the jaymod# #2 icon and it started loading the map and then :

Server Disconnected For Unknown Reason

"Ok no problemo right?? i just need to restart et and everything is going to be ok"

So then i clicked again the jaymod 2 icon and........(i don't remember exactly how the message goes but you get the point"

You were banned from this server for 298 days

Banned by: i couldn't see who ban me since i use a black background for et and it was black letters and a red # sign

Reason : Cheating

i was like: what :confused

the last time i played was yesterday at midnight , Tipsy was there, K!ller was there

So then my thought would be : what if someone got my et key?? but i checked my guid at pbbans and it shows that it's clean.

But then here comes the most WTF part

I wanted to take a screenshot so i could see who ban me, and i tried to go to Jay 2 again to see the ban message but.........

There's was no message.........I got in like nothing happened i was on the server again ( what a relief :rolleyes: )

I did the !banli command and i wasn't there

So what happened here?

I don't think it was an error

could have been a case of mistaken identity. someone meant to ban someone else and possibly did it by slot # and then unbanned you before you reconnected... just a guess.

either that or you have enemies :P

Like Dare said, most likely just a bug. There was someone else who had a complaint about the same exact thing here a few months ago.

• Administrators

I checked the admin logs and no one issued the ban to anyone for 298 (and / or 299 days).

Just a bug i guess. I will check another console logs when I get time to see if it logged the error/ban message.

• Like 1

I checked the admin logs and no one issued the ban to anyone for 298 (and / or 299 days).

Just a bug i guess. I will check another console logs when I get time to see if it logged the error/ban message.

Thanks Daredevil!!

and i will try to get a screenshot if the error appears again!

:thanks

• Like 1

• Administrators

Don't feel bad I am banned on all F|A servers... lol Damn cheaters got me banned? f***ers:lol:

You are still?

• Administrators

You are still?

He is unbanned on half of the servers, on the other half I cant get ftp access since 3 isp's available here suk.

• Administrators

He is unbanned on half of the servers, on the other half I cant get ftp access since 3 isp's available here suk.

Oh, I will update our subnet ban file tonight or so and make it sync back.

well was unbanned on half. Now banned back on all? lol

/edit just checked and im just banned on the jaymod servers

2 days back keith was on server on jay2 with smg as cov ops , I banned him for 300 days reason cheat , then keith came to jay1 and I issued ban for him on jay1 too , typing his guid , consoled showed the ban issued but he was still there on server ??? I had to issue ban for slot no. to ban him

and nobody can get your etkey, unless you give him yourself.

keithzz.jpg

That's a bit of a gray area. The coders had a way to spoof guids for a while (it's why PBBans stopped banning people, for a while). EvenBalance updated the way guids were hashed/created, so in theory the old ways don't work anymore, but I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising person has come up with a way to spoof with the new system.

2 days back keith was on server on jay2 with smg as cov ops , I banned him for 300 days reason cheat , then keith came to jay1 and I issued ban for him on jay1 too , typing his guid , consoled showed the ban issued but he was still there on server ??? I had to issue ban for slot no. to ban him

keithzz.jpg

I KNEW IT

that wacky was suspicious , i told strato to keep an eye on him since i think he was using walkhack but before i could fing him , he disconnected