Kick a player for camping??

M*by

Joker, i dont want problem with you or anyone else, because i want to join F|A.

I only think that you should know you're wrong.

And you must read the rules again. :angry::angry:

it is fair you stand in ammo cabinets and steal the ammo for your team :hmm

• Administrators

Sorry but ammo is for everyone, abusing it in such a way in unteam like and a person should be warned and if they don't listen put to spec, if the person goes back and does the same thing then kick. Cmon guys its commons sense. Whats if a guy with mortar needs ammo and the flame tard used it up? Mortars can change the outcome of a map while flametrowers can move the other team back for a brief time but can not give a decisive blow to the enemy.

• Like 1

Sorry but ammo is for everyone, abusing it in such a way in unteam like and a person should be warned and if they don't listen put to spec, if the person goes back and does the same thing then kick. Cmon guys its commons sense. Whats if a guy with mortar needs ammo and the flame tard used it up? Mortars can change the outcome of a map while flametrowers can move the other team back for a brief time but can not give a decisive blow to the enemy.

Then we should start kicking people who continuously hump the ammo crate?. Also the ammo crates never run out of ammo. But ya whatever its all good. I'll just send people here for complaints

• Administrators

Then we should start kicking people who continuously hump the ammo crate?. Also the ammo crates never run out of ammo. But ya whatever its all good. I'll just send people here for complaints

Seriously that is what you got from reading my post. Re-read it again.

• Administrators

And no, we don't kick for standing on the ammo cabinet with a flamethrower.

I suppose it really depends on the situation. Joedirt has a point about the cabinets. The ammo cabinet may appear unlimited, but it is limited once many crates are taken - cabinet takes a certain amount of time to regenerate new crates. Some cabinets in certain maps take longer to deplete than in other maps. For example, Siwa Oasis axis second spawn cabinet can deplete eventually. Minas Tirith map not so much. Nevertheless, it can be drained to nothing as I've seen some flamethrower users sit atop and drain it to 0 taking the cabinet a while to regenerate new ones while other players scramble to the nearest fieldops demanding for ammo.

Take this common example which I've witnessed and PM'd the flamethrower player to not drain the cabinet down.

- Flamethrower soldier stands atop flaming teammates blinding them or endlessly flames a point of entrance to the cabinet draining the cabinet to 0. It does occur, to which I remind the player please don't waste it, other players need it. Usually, the player complies and tries to take a more conservative approach taking the ammo afterward, but I have dealt with some players who ignore my message, or tell me that's stupid, only to return back to the ammo draining it to nothing. Remember, 199 units of flame left = 1 ammo crate to make it 200 full units, and constant repetitive refueling does consume the ammo cabinet quickly. Still I warn them, or put them to spec, and if all else fails, I kick which is very rare.

Take this rare example which I follow and have seen other responsible flamethrower players perform.

- The soldier moves back and forth incrementally to refuel at the ammo cabinet to get 1 single ammo crate to fully charge his/her flamethrower back up to 200 flame units for his/her near empty weapon, and returns to a point of camping battle nearby the cabinet, conscious not to drain the cabinet for his fellow teammates, until he/she is nearly depleted thus returning again to the cabinet and completing a more responsible camping/flamethrowing cycle.

Guys, use your common sense. If you see or feel that a flamethrower user is wasting down the cabinet for their sole amusement, such as spraying the flame in teammates proximity to blind them or to watch how incredibly long their flames can last, warn them not to do such a thing. If they persistently drain the cabinet to near zero which I've witnessed as a mortar user, it leaves nothing for teammates and bottles up team fighting forte.

So warn them first via PM to not do so. If it continuously occurs, put them to spec, and last resort is kick. This is for future reference as I do not know the exact parameters of Moby and Joker's situation. I'm glad they had their resolution, so this is for future reference as I'm getting questions over xfire about what admins should do and don't in extreme flamethrower cases.

• Like 6

Enough said already.. read and learn

1)As joe said already "Try talking" instead of issuing commands just coz you have them. !kick command should be used when you ran out of other options like warning and !putteam . But I think some are taking !kick as solution of all the problems . please learn from your mistakes and try not repeating them , emptying server by dmin abuse is what I hate.

2)Agree with Rainier .. why are players consuming all the ammo? and ammo cabinet is not completely unlimited and if you are standing with flame on.. in ammo cabinet.. I doubt your own teammate can take any ammo if you are blocking (standing in front of that small rack) , occupying (litle ammo / health room ) and distracting the view with your flamethrower, just giving dis-advantage to your own team , which is 100 % wrong . I even putteam those annoying kids who play with knife in ammo room and make terrible noise and waste ammo .

and yes heavy weapons are very limited so please try having fun with them instead of doing useless things with them.

Play and enjoy the game , try talking , we all are here for fun, stop ruining others coz of your rage , better use your commands wisely or take a hammer from owners.

Just play with common sense a warning seems reasonable to sort this situation out and please do not waste the flamer everyone what's to use it remember there is only 1 for a reason because it is a very powerful.there is bigger fish to catch to keep f|a servers clean.(cheaters)

Respect all players does not matter if you have 1 million xp or none all am saying admin always watching :rolleyes:

I suppose it really depends on the situation. Joedirt has a point about the cabinets. The ammo cabinet may appear unlimited, but it is limited once many crates are taken - cabinet takes a certain amount of time to regenerate new crates. Some cabinets in certain maps take longer to deplete than in other maps. For example, Siwa Oasis axis second spawn cabinet can deplete eventually. Minas Tirith map not so much. Nevertheless, it can be drained to nothing as I've seen some flamethrower users sit atop and drain it to 0 taking the cabinet a while to regenerate new ones while other players scramble to the nearest fieldops demanding for ammo.

Take this common example which I've witnessed and PM'd the flamethrower player to not drain the cabinet down.

- Flamethrower soldier stands atop flaming teammates blinding them or endlessly flames a point of entrance to the cabinet draining the cabinet to 0. It does occur, to which I remind the player please don't waste it, other players need it. Usually, the player complies and tries to take a more conservative approach taking the ammo afterward, but I have dealt with some players who ignore my message, or tell me that's stupid, only to return back to the ammo draining it to nothing. Remember, 199 units of flame left = 1 ammo crate to make it 200 full units, and constant repetitive refueling does consume the ammo cabinet quickly. Still I warn them, or put them to spec, and if all else fails, I kick which is very rare.

Take this rare example which I follow and have seen other responsible flamethrower players perform.

- The soldier moves back and forth incrementally to refuel at the ammo cabinet to get 1 single ammo crate to fully charge his/her flamethrower back up to 200 flame units for his/her near empty weapon, and returns to a point of camping battle nearby the cabinet, conscious not to drain the cabinet for his fellow teammates, until he/she is nearly depleted thus returning again to the cabinet and completing a more responsible camping/flamethrowing cycle.

Guys, use your common sense. If you see or feel that a flamethrower user is wasting down the cabinet for their sole amusement, such as spraying the flame in teammates proximity to blind them or to watch how incredibly long their flames can last, warn them not to do such a thing. If they persistently drain the cabinet to near zero which I've witnessed as a mortar user, it leaves nothing for teammates and bottles up team fighting forte.

So warn them first via PM to not do so. If it continuously occurs, put them to spec, and last resort is kick. This is for future reference as I do not know the exact parameters of Moby and Joker's situation. I'm glad they had their resolution, so this is for future reference as I'm getting questions over xfire about what admins should do and don't in extreme flamethrower cases.

+2.999 recurring.

This is also the same for Gold Rush. The cities ammo/health seems to diminish pretty fast while the other one seems to stay pretty stocked for quite a period of time(default stations that is).

The only issue I see is on servers with FF on.. since clearly this is going to block a pathway for both sides to go through, Flamethrower-wise..

Ive seen this issue alot on Euro Jaymod and ive left it til I start seeing the boxes disappear on the first rack.. I usually ask or warn a few times cause that box getting is loud. Then I just put them in spec to get'em away from it even if for a short time.

Each call for personal reasoning to decide what to do about it. Which makes it fall into a grey area then when it comes to a language issue comming into play. Is it okay to just !put them in spec.. say your bit.. and let them either rejoin or sit and ask/say nothing?

Also.. if, on some maps.. this flamethrower thing is allowing you to block an entire hallway from enemy usage and it doesnt affect your teams progress at all.. is this okay?

Now ur gonna put a rule on camping?? Sorry for the language but this is f***ing ridiculous.Its a game. Some people have the tactics to just camp. Some people have tactics to rush the enemy.Imo this guy was camping on ammo cabinets to get kills he wasn't wasting time.. I to sometimes camp on ammo cabinets and i get kills. Just cause the opposite team player cant kill him so he kicks him.Thats really really stupid..

Now ur gonna put a rule on camping?? Sorry for the language but this is f***ing ridiculous.Its a game. Some people have the tactics to just camp. Some people have tactics to rush the enemy.Imo this guy was camping on ammo cabinets to get kills he wasn't wasting time.. I to sometimes camp on ammo cabinets and i get kills. Just cause the opposite team player cant kill him so he kicks him.Thats really really stupid..

A.G, where do you read that it's going to be a rule? Basically, it's how to handle an extremely rare situation of ammo whorrage that only happens to flamethrower whores ...Just what to do when they spray around like retards you know? and when they do that ppl whos trying to get ammo or health can see shit ..they for most of the time stand there wasting team assests and causing burdens to teamplayers. Like what others say, wasting the ammo is very very lame indeed.....btw and even if they kill someone its just a pure luck

• Like 1

its not pure luck. Cooking and throwing a nade in ammo cabinets is not hard. How does it cause burden to team players if u can just go in with the player flaming. The ammo is unlimited most of time.

its not pure luck. Cooking and throwing a nade in ammo cabinets is not hard. How does it cause burden to team players if u can just go in with the player flaming. The ammo is unlimited most of time.

Look:

1. Ammo has never been unlimited. I don't know which nooby server you've been playing in, but it isn't here.

2. For people with lag, or those who don't have an excellent ping, just being it by flames can almost be an instant death, so running in is plain stupid.

3. Venice has one door, and the flamer just flames out the door. You can run in, but I won't revive you if you do.

4. Camping with any weapon in the ammo stands is really stupid, as someone can just walk in and kill you. If you happen to kill him first, what benefit are you really to the team, where you could be attacking in some other place?

5. Wasting ammo for your team is something a total loser would do. Now gtfo of the ammo, and get to the front line.