Which are the longest words in your native language? :)

In my language I found these: 

anticonstitucionalissimamente

Oftalmotorrinolaringologista

Inconstitucionalissimamente

Otorrinolaringologista 

noboby uses these words on daily life.. but they're fun as tongue-twisters  :)

they're related with politcs and heath.

Edited by Springfield-
  • Like 2

not the longest(have to think about it) but a tongue twister nonetheless: "jäääär" (edge of a ice, it´s a name of a band. pronounced as: J as in jar, and ä as A in cat and a r is a r more or less)

• Like 1

• Leader

peruspalveluliikelaitoskuntayhtymä ("a public utility of a municipal federation for provision of basic services", (34 letters) and

That is the only word that Google Translate would convert to English, though it did claim that all of those words were Finnish.  :)

"Basic public utility federation of municipalities" is what it came up with. 

• Like 3

German also known for very nice words.

Grund­stücks­ver­kehrs­ge­neh­mi­gungs­zu­stän­dig­keits­über­tra­gungs­ver­ord­nung

Rind­fleisch­eti­ket­tie­rungs­über­wa­chungs­auf­ga­ben­über­tra­gungs­ge­setz

Ver­kehrs­infra­struk­tur­fi­nan­zierungs­ge­sell­schafts­ge­setz

Ver­mö­gens­zu­ord­nungs­zu­stän­dig­keits­über­tra­gungs­ver­ord­nung

• Like 6

Titin holds the record for longest chemical name. Comes in at 189,819 letters.  I tried to copy and paste it for shits 'n giggles, but it froze my browser.

http://www.digitalspy.com/fun/news/a444700/longest-word-has-189819-letters-takes-three-hours-to-pronounce/

Longest word recognized by the English dictionary is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

• Like 3

Well, I guess Finnish is good for this one :D

Three examples of long words that have been in everyday use in the Finnish language are

kolmivaihekilowattituntimittari which means "three phase kilowatt hour meter" (32 letters),

peruspalveluliikelaitoskuntayhtymä ("a public utility of a municipal federation for provision of basic services", (34 letters) and

lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas "airplane jet turbine engine auxiliary mechanic non-commissioned officer student" (61 letters).

If one allows artificial constructs as well as using clitics and conjugated forms, one can create even longer words: such as

kumarreksituteskenteleentuvaisehkollaismaisekkuudellisenneskenteluttelemattomammuuksissansakaankopahan (102 letters). Can't really tell what that means in English since I don't even know what that means in Finnish :D

The longest non-compound (a single stem with prefixes and suffixes) Finnish word recognised by the Guinness Book of Records is

epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydellänsäkäänköhän, based on the stem järki (reason, sanity), and it means: I wonder if – even with his/her quality of not having been made unsystematized

I knew it finnish would lead the way regarding long words :D lol

• Like 1

• Leader

Titin holds the record for longest chemical name. Comes in at 189,819 letters.  I tried to copy and paste it for shits 'n giggles, but it froze my browser.

http://www.digitalspy.com/fun/news/a444700/longest-word-has-189819-letters-takes-three-hours-to-pronounce/

I highlighted one-fifth of the word from the source site and tried to google it, but Google could not find its own site with a search parameter that long!  I also got an "error 400", 'malformation',  when I tried another method.  :D

Can you believe that in the source-code for that page, that the 189k+ word is all on one code line?   That one word has more bytes than many of the demos and movies posted in the forums and on the Tutorials pages? 

• Like 1

It's not my native language but I was taught Cree when I was really young because it was part of my heritage and I don't speak it now which I regret. But here are a few words.

nîtawâpamiskwewewin - meaning a courtship. 

tâpwewakeyihtamowin - a belief or hope 

kakwâyakeyihtâkosowin - hate, Hating one another
  • Like 3

• Leader

in russian "четырёхсотпятидесятисемимиллиметровое", 

translation actually is pretty easy - "450 mm" :)))

Google Translate choked on that one.  It detected Russian and output the English translation as "chetyrёhsotpyatidesyatisemimillimetrovoe".  I put that term back in and it detected that "English" as Russian, too, and repeated the same output. :D

Edited by RedBaird
out -> output, your like made me re-read it
  • Like 2

• Leader

It's not my native language but I was taught Cree when I was really young because it was part of my heritage and I don't speak it now which I regret. But here are a few words.

nîtawâpamiskwewewin - meaning a courtship. 

tâpwewakeyihtamowin - a belief or hope 

kakwâyakeyihtâkosowin - hate, Hating one another

I had heard of the Cree language, but thought it was much more common in the USA than what this map shows!

Crimapo.png

• Like 1

I had heard of the Cree language, but thought it was much more common in the USA than what this map shows!

Crimapo.png

I'm of the plains Cree nation in Alberta (not sure exactly where) on my dads side.   

• Like 1