Why you play ET ?

TopGuN

• Platinum VIP

I absolutely ADORE voice-chat !!!

You can have actual conversations using just it !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RStHv63xgWk

Just. Watch. (Area42 - 10 Reasons You Play Too Much Return to Castle Wolfenstein)

I'm sure you've seen it already - it was literally 2nd video I saw on the internets :D

I used to play NQ a lot because I loved the pace. I still do, no camping no bullshit, just glide into the wall of enemies and take a couple with you if you can.

Love the dedicated servers which allow communities to forum and regulars to visit.

The fact that users can and do create new content for the game.

And high-functioning BOTs are always fun when you're waiting for competition :)

This is the most awesome video ever. EVER!

• Like 5

ET was the second online game I played, after playing Quake II Expert Capture the Flag last century. I loved the World War II setting and the "realistic" weapons. As I totally suck at offense, I really enjoyed the team based play where one could help one's team without having to have the skill to kill everything. Work getting busier and a move to console gaming made me play less, but more importantly, made me never get a new gaming computer. So, the only online game I played was ET, as I don't enjoy shooters as much on the console. Then a replacement of my old monitor with a new widescreen monitor rekindled my interest as at first I wanted to make the game run in widescreen. Having done that, I wondered if there were still people playing this old game, and I ended up on the FA servers. I find that I enjoy the game even more than I did before with the Silent mod. I miss some of the old maps that I remember like Tram and Transmitter.

• Like 1

I've played/tried dozens of other FPS games but still have not found something that could beat the Wolf:ET. I love the engine, I love how it's costomizable by users, I like that it's not just like other games (one shot = one kill, too realistic). And it's free, not like many of these newer "free" FPS games which requires you to play thousands of hours or just to buy better weapons and stuff with real money, it's all yours at the moment you start playing. And we have great ET communities! I don't know about most of these clans/communities still alive but =F|A= community is amazing (of course there has been some "bad" examples in here too but mostly everything I've seen is positive).

Don't take it too seriously! See you at some F|A server :)or in some tj server.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

...it was the first game i saw at friends made a lil home lan. i joined an empty chair and asked how it works. since then im addicted.

i remember my first day on todeszone at oasis. i spawned, went out the house and was dead. dunno since then i wanted to achieve something and kill the people who killed me :P

plus i like the different classes, plus so many different maps. i like to play for objective in a war, but sometimes i just love to frag around.

i love the community, it was always some kind of nerd & trash talk, lot of fun in ts, vent or even irc. i improved my english a lot, met so many people online and offline through the game.

• Like 1

ET was one of the first games that came up in an online search for FPS shooters. It was free and so intuitive right from the beginning that I couldn't stop playing it.

And then when I found out one could customize the game to suit your playing style.......OMG. I'd like to see how much time over the years I've spent playing this game. 

This game is like a mini vacation for me.  1 or 2 or 3,4 hours of play and I can get relaxation, excitement and escapism from things that are drab.

• Like 1

It's fun as hell after a couple of beers ..it's just something else to do.ET for me was the only multiplayer game.I do like you can have interaction with other people I've seen on for years :P and I cannot learn new games,the graphics are so much I cannot even see enemies..also not really important enough for me to spend $$$ on better PC if mine runs...and honestly have much more interests in life besides games..I prefer outdoor environments in game even....outdoor recreation,tinkering very important for me..mechnical stuff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Because since when i started playing, i have never seen people supporting the use of illegal programs as there are many games out there that do these things, and also what caught my attention was the respect between the team and the opponents for every match and when the map has a mission.

I never got bored playing, even dying all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because of two reasons - first of all, it's my first shooting game and I fell in love in it (actually it's dad who taught me to play it, thanks a lot <3 ). On the other hand, I've got nongaming laptop, which purpose is to run Visual properly, even TF2 is in 15fps, so it helped me to spend in ET lots of time :)

• Like 1

- Meet people with humor and self-ironic capabilities

- I dont care about 4k games with lame story

- Train my reaction (I still catch falling glasses without breaking)

- ET is one of the fastest games I have ever played (except Unreal)  - I stopped playing my MMPORG cause ist boring

bring it on ...

Edited by MummyT