ET Server Suggestion Silent 1 maps

Maximo Decimo

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Peter- said:

coca delete italy

Dont ever do that please.

Also i am not sure we should keep transmitter.

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

10 hours ago, Renegade Pig said:

/m Coca Don't delete airport :O)

Agreed

Keep all three, remove baserace!:D

That is the real server killer. It went to 4 people playing and  8-12 ppl speccing today

• Like 3
  • 100 1

I like Capuzzo Airport. It's doesn't have as many choke points as Italy or Venice in my opinion, and if allies can't complete the first objective, the map is shorter, so that's good. It's OK for when we have lots of people. But it's true, sometimes it kills the server a bit.

Venice is quite horrible but I feel it's such a classical map of ET. And it has a piano.

I would enjoy Italy much more if it had time extension like Capuzzo Airport, making the lenght 20' or so. If allies reach the tower, add another 10'. So, 30' in total, like it is now. I would also make the jeep faster.

In my opinion, from these 3 maps the most important one for the server is Italy, then Capuzzo, then Venice. My personal preference would be Capuzzo, then Italy, then Venice. So, if you have to delete one I'd say Venice.

However, Snatch3 and transmitter are barely played. I don't think transmitter should stay (if it's still in rotation), and I'd probably pick Venice over Snatch3. So, I'd delete Snatch3 and transmitter and add another 2.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

• ET Member
20 hours ago, Peter- said:

coca delete italy

BULLY !!!!!!!

• Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
14 hours ago, Aaaargh said:

Keep all three, especially keep baserace bc i love it!:D

That is the real server keeper. It went to 40 people playing and  0 ppl speccing today

I'm glad you approve my friend 😉

• Confused 1

Not surprisingly, I like Capuzzo, it's a fun map. 

I have been on the server when it's packed and seen 3 people vote to determine what the next map will be.  Then all the chatter and all the next map votes, it's chaotic.   This is why I will often put in public chat to 'Vote Harder'.  As members we can all do a better job voting every time.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, Federicrit said:

On the same line, it would be awesome if we could polish the names of the maps as they appear on the list. Like, making all the names in white and removing symbols like underscores, or spicifying the number of the version, or things like "test" in Erdenerg, etc. Get rid of all that. Also, sort maps alphabetically.

This will make the list more appealing and less chaotic, and, more importantly, it would give a very good image of FA to the regulars. Details matter.

I will insist on this. Imagine if the voting list looked something like this:

PolishedVotingList.jpg.6eb8e79a2d92fed03d5c70a85ad40726.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Federicrit said:

I will insist on this. Imagine if the voting list looked something like this:

PolishedVotingList.jpg.6eb8e79a2d92fed03d5c70a85ad40726.jpg

It's possible, BUT to do it in a way that would display it outside our servers, we would have to repack all the maps - which won't happen, because it's really a small reason to force everyone to download the maps again. The second solution is to change this only on FA servers. Neither solution is worth the effort.

As for the alphabetical order, each mod is responsible for it in its own way. Factors such as mapage or how many maps are to be displayed for voting are taken into account. So we can't change it without changing the mod code.

• 100 2

What do you mean? It is on rotation 

1 hour ago, hyeNa said:

Could we get special delivery back to rotation? :cry

• Haha 3

On 5/26/2024 at 11:59 AM, hyeNa said:

Could we get special delivery back to rotation? :cry

On 4/28/2024 at 9:16 PM, Cocanation said:

currently i removed etl_special_delivery, etl_braundorf and beerrun with high player count.

Probably hyeNa connected when the server was busy, so Special Delivery wasn't available. Anyways, that map is definitely being played less lately because of its removal, and I miss it, even with high player count.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Federicrit said:

Probably hyeNa connected when the server was busy, so Special Delivery wasn't available. Anyways, that map is definitely being played less lately because of its removal, and I miss it, even with high player count.

Now should be only removed with 27 or more players. I think is fine
Later I'll post the current map rotation.
image.thumb.png.2e4d6d7a8848a0b8a38b3569591b8ffe.png

Edited by Cocanation
added image
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1