ET Server Suggestion NQ #1 Map Suggestions

daredevil

On 5/16/2022 at 12:31 AM, BLAAT said:

Maps have been changed!

I hope everyone will give these maps a try, but if you have any feedback, feel free to comment :) 

IN:
- Baserace Desert

- Bridges

- Capuzzo 

- Dubrovnik
- MLB Temple

- Sands of Time
- Subway

OUT:
- Airfield Assault
- Adlernest

- Frostbite

- Haunted Mansion

- MLB Daybreak

- Secret Bay

- Transmitter

Thanks, these are very good maps! Paris Bastille is also a good one.

I used to make many maps back in the days, few were completed however, except for one that I still need to improve.

However I released a few skin-packs that were very popular, and have been downloaded thousands of times on different platforms.

The most popular one being Axis Infantry, which I first released in 2006. 
I later made an even more reduced size version of Axis Infantry, specifically for the NoQuarter mod. I skin-pack which I believe is one of the best that exist in Enemy Territory. I am not able to find any good pictures right now, but I found a working mirror from Gamefront and a description:

This skin for Enemy Territory will change a number of items in the game, however, the changes will only effect the Axis. For those of you that look for historical detail when playing, will be happy to know that the uniforms and the flags have been tweaked; Also, the Field Ops now has a cool look, as he will now be sporting a pair od shades, and the cvops will now have a face that will match the metality one would need to complete such a job, with a new cap to boot!

Here is a download link for the NoQuarter version, the newest version which also should work on other mods.

Maybe we should try it out on the NoQuarter server? I can also easily make a new more updated version, that can become even smaller size. Right now it is 2.6mb.

Edit: The NQ version contains no flags

I also managed to find some old low-resolution pictures:

image.png.f46d38665ee4739a7cdba03a1d8891bd.png

image.png.d284df31ccee926d1e468b5ecde67daf.pngimage.png.dd022bf932f62fd6d0a5073265ef824d.pngimage.png.90b386916946165450a2801ab7fc8685.png

image.png.ca59c0685b77f871ca668999f14743e4.png

Edited by tyrlop
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

On 5/18/2022 at 8:14 AM, Raziel said:

2. it should appear when there are more than 24 players online

Any chance we can make it appear with 20 players?

On 3/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, TomekKromek said:
I know it's not a good idea but as always:
+Cortex
+Minas Tirith

I would like to see one of them in next rotation.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:40 PM, tyrlop said:

I used to make many maps back in the days, few were completed however, except for one that I still need to improve.

However I released a few skin-packs that were very popular, and have been downloaded thousands of times on different platforms.

The most popular one being Axis Infantry, which I first released in 2006. 
I later made an even more reduced size version of Axis Infantry, specifically for the NoQuarter mod. I skin-pack which I believe is one of the best that exist in Enemy Territory. I am not able to find any good pictures right now, but I found a working mirror from Gamefront and a description:

Here is a download link for the NoQuarter version, the newest version which also should work on other mods.

Maybe we should try it out on the NoQuarter server? I can also easily make a new more updated version, that can become even smaller size. Right now it is 2.6mb.

Edit: The NQ version contains no flags

I also managed to find some old low-resolution pictures:

image.png.f46d38665ee4739a7cdba03a1d8891bd.png

image.png.d284df31ccee926d1e468b5ecde67daf.pngimage.png.dd022bf932f62fd6d0a5073265ef824d.pngimage.png.90b386916946165450a2801ab7fc8685.png

image.png.ca59c0685b77f871ca668999f14743e4.png

Hello tyrlop, ntmu

According to the readme file, you ve been related to flameguards. Maybee you ll find one or another ex memer of fg here 😉.

Glad you joined the forum. 

I ve been testing and fiddling around already with this pack.

Usually we keep it as original as it can be.

But maybee we can work together in the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...

Request 

Out

MLB Temple

In

MLB Carnage 

Allies Main Objective 

1. Destroy the Beach Bunker Door

2. Capture the Forward Flag

3. Destroy the Main Bunker Door and Axis Base Gate ( Destroy one for them will secure the Forward Flag Spawn and get a Bunker Spawn)

4. Build the Radio Beacon to call the B17 Bomber (B17 Bomber will Destroy the Big Hatch to secure the Axis Base Spawn)

5. Destroy the Power Generator 

6. Destroy the Battery

Allies Secondary Objective 

Build the Command Post 

Axis Objective 

Prevent This, Build the Command Post 

(This map work well in Jay1)

Edited by SuperNewNewbie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Baserace Desert => Classic Baserace
Braundorf

Bridges => Fata Morgana
Caen2 => Caen4
Capuzzo Airport

Dubrovnik  => Adlernest
Eagles 2 Ways => Saberpeak
ET Beach Invasion
FA Bremen
FA Italy
FA Siwa Oasis => Classic Siwa Oasis
Fuel Dump => Rail Gun
Goldrush GALS => Goldrush Stopwatch version
Industry 2 => Western
Marrakech Streets by Night

MLB Temple
Paris Bastille => Decay b5
Pirates
Praetoria Mission 2

Sands of Time => Minas Tirith
Seawall Battery
Subway => Kerkyra
Supply Depot Pro
TC Base => Special Delivery
Venice
Warbell
Würzburg Radar => Frostbite

These are my suggestions.

I would also make sure that maps can be choose in any time, we could vote some of them like twice?

Also please, can someone update waypoints for Ala^^?

• Love 2
  • 100 1

3 hours ago, yaku said:

Baserace Desert => Classic Baserace
Braundorf

Bridges => Fata Morgana
Caen2 => Caen4
Capuzzo Airport

Dubrovnik  => Adlernest
Eagles 2 Ways => Saberpeak
ET Beach Invasion
FA Bremen
FA Italy
FA Siwa Oasis => Classic Siwa Oasis
Fuel Dump => Rail Gun
Goldrush GALS => Goldrush Stopwatch version
Industry 2 => Western
Marrakech Streets by Night

MLB Temple
Paris Bastille => Decay b5
Pirates
Praetoria Mission 2

Sands of Time => Minas Tirith
Seawall Battery
Subway => Kerkyra
Supply Depot Pro
TC Base => Special Delivery
Venice
Warbell
Würzburg Radar => Frostbite

These are my suggestions.

I would also make sure that maps can be choose in any time, we could vote some of them like twice?

Also please, can someone update waypoints for Ala^^?

Praetoria Mission 2 => Praetoria Mission 1

Supply Depot Pro => Supply Depot Fixed

MLB Temple => MLB Carnage

Braundorf => River Port b1

Bridges => BBA Castle CTF 

Paris Bastille => Decay b7

Gold Rush GALS => Gold Rush GA

These are my suggestions 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

Praetoria Mission 2 => Praetoria Mission 1

Supply Depot Pro => Supply Depot Fixed

MLB Temple => MLB Carnage

Braundorf => River Port b1

Bridges => BBA Castle CTF 

Paris Bastille => Decay b7

Gold Rush GALS => Gold Rush GA

These are my suggestions 👍

Meme Reaction GIF

Good calls imo, i like it

• 100 1

For the time being (map rotation after Gameday), the maps are remaining as is, because I have been afk for some time and I want to consult it with you guys before making any changes to maps that could be performing well.

I can already tell though, that Fata Morgana or BBA Castle will not be making it to the server. Those maps are absolute server killers and we are hopefully learning from our mistakes. Please continue to provide feedback, as that is very important! Stay tuned for any changes!

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got small suggestion about baserace

could we make it 15-20 minutes long ? IMO 30 minutes is way too long and exhausting...😩

personally I like this map and I'd rather to keep it, but damn, its half an hour 😆

• Like 2
  • 100 4

5 hours ago, Siwex89 said:

could we make it 15-20 minutes long ? IMO 30 minutes is way too long and exhausting...😩

personally I like this map and I'd rather to keep it, but damn, its half an hour 😆

Either that or set it to 10-15min but when a crate is won it adds a minute onto the time? Would force those who want it on to play for obj.

• Like 4

On 7/7/2022 at 6:42 PM, Siwex89 said:

On 7/8/2022 at 12:13 AM, Snuffs99 said:

Either that or set it to 10-15min but when a crate is won it adds a minute onto the time? Would force those who want it on to play for obj.

Is it possible to do?

I've got another argument for this change - yesterday after standard 30 min it was a tie and the scores didn't change for about another 10 minutes, making whole map 40 min, which was just too long... With timer set on 20 minutes, the ties wouldn't make people feel like it's eternity 😄 

Another topic - would it be possible to do some object protection for more maps (like it's made in Caen2, for the first 5 minutes it's impossible to gather obj and run to boat)? On School map 2 Allies somehow got behind the Axis' lines and run straight to documents and then to truck, finishing map in less than 3 minutes. I know that there is no rush rule on NQ1, but it just ruined all the fun of playing that cool map. Besides, if that kind of protection is on Caen2, why not enable it on other maps, which can be quite easy to infiltrate, especially when there aren't many players on server :)

Third thing is that there are some maps, that aren't as liked as others. It applies to for example TC Base or Bridges, mainly I'm thinking about the latter. Tbh I don't think I've seen Axis win this map when there are more that 6/8 players on server, but I've seen some people complaining about this map, also on voting screen it's regular view "Map last played: 180 maps ago". Maybe it's time to refresh maps on NQ1? 😄 

Edited by RaV137
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I will take a look at all the suggestions when I get a little bit of a free time, together with BLAAT. Thank you for your continous feedback, keep it up!

To address the questions in the topic - setting the Baserace timer down should not pose an issue, however I opt for removing baserace altogether for the time being. It has been on the server for some time, and I think it's good to let people "forget it" and then the map can come back at a later time. I will check the possibility of making it shorter though, but one way or another, something about Baserace will be definetely tweaked.

For @RaV137 - antirush is both a rough and an easy thing to do. (I could swear School had antirush, but obviously does not). I will pester Dare to see if we can apply antirush more easily on some maps, but the rush topic on NQ1 has came up time and again, and it always results in a stalemate. Will check what we can do about it though, since you brought this up.

As for the popularity of some maps, it is only natural that people will prefer maps they know, and the playerbase on some maps will vary greatly from others. That is precisely why your guys feedback is so important, so we can easier identify the outliers. That will definetely be addressed in the next batch of map changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, RaV137 said:

Besides, if that kind of protection is on Caen2, why not enable it on other maps, which can be quite easy to infiltrate, especially when there aren't many players on server :)

yes for players that like to finish maps in 1-3 minutes 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1