ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

Hello guys! Here, in general, we seem to have a problem. There are very few players on Jay2 lately, unfortunately. Perhaps this is due to cards that are not very popular with players.

I think something needs to be done about this. Maybe we have to replace maps such as Warbell, Fortress and other maps that have bad ratings from players and on which players are most often disconnected?

It is difficult to put which cards instead of them, I think in this matter it is much better to focus on the votes of +\- players and choosing some cards that are popular. I can’t say what kind of maps are needed on this matter, it will be too subjective in my view i think, but maybe this way we can attract people to Jay2 :) 

It's just that earlier on jay2 it was stable 10-12 players in the evening, but now we are dealing with 5-6 players. I think we should at least focus on cards that are popular with players.

what other suggestions are there?

Excited Id Software GIF

Edited by Dimo4ka
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dimo4ka said:

Hello guys! Here, in general, we seem to have a problem. There are very few players on Jay2 lately, unfortunately. Perhaps this is due to cards that are not very popular with players.

I think something needs to be done about this. Maybe we have to replace maps such as Warbell, Fortress and other maps that have bad ratings from players and on which players are most often disconnected?

It is difficult to put which cards instead of them, I think in this matter it is much better to focus on the votes of +\- players and choosing some cards that are popular. I can’t say what kind of maps are needed on this matter, it will be too subjective in my view i think, but maybe this way we can attract people to Jay2 :) 

It's just that earlier on jay2 it was stable 10-12 players in the evening, but now we are dealing with 5-6 players. I think we should at least focus on cards that are popular with players.

Excited Id Software GIF

Maybe you could keep eye on server and follow on which map most of players disconnect or call vote "next map" Then post it here. You say "cards" i dont know what you mean by using this word. U mean settings or maps? On server popularity, we need camping the server, we need our regulars and admins help, because ppls want to join server where is players. One suggestion is that we plan daily meetings in jay2. Meeting which take one hour when other server members could come to play a bit in jay2. Maybe do two meetings, one in NA daytime and second in EU daytime. Then if we cary on this for month or two we start get new regulars who also play in Jay2 outside of our meeting hour. This is just suggestion how i would do it. We can start new topic where we discuss about meeting and plan meeting, because this is map suggestion topic

• Like 1
  • 100 1

@Dimo4ka @Paul' @captnconcrete @N!COT!N3 @Gameplan @TheP @von Rantala

let me know some map suggestions, alternatively I can go with this:

Remove/Add:

Fortress/purefrag

warbell/river port

school/praetoria

Teuthonia/alcatraz 

Let me know!

Edited by mraw435
von beat me to it!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, von Rantala said:

Maybe you could keep eye on server and follow on which map most of players disconnect or call vote "next map" Then post it here. You say "cards" i dont know what you mean by using this word. U mean settings or maps? On server popularity, we need camping the server, we need our regulars and admins help, because ppls want to join server where is players. One suggestion is that we plan daily meetings in jay2. Meeting which take one hour when other server members could come to play a bit in jay2. Maybe do two meetings, one in NA daytime and second in EU daytime. Then if we cary on this for month or two we start get new regulars who also play in Jay2 outside of our meeting hour. This is just suggestion how i would do it. We can start new topic where we discuss about meeting and plan meeting, because this is map suggestion topic

by cards I mean maps 😄 sorry :) 

I like your suggestion, sounds cool!!! Well, in fact it is not difficult to determine which maps players like and which do not. I've been playing jay2 almost every day for a very long time.

and as I said to @mraw435, the maps that players dislike the most are: school, kerkyra, fortress, warbell. As soon as these maps are launched, many of them begin to disconnect. Well, actually, yes, they are boring.

Edited by Dimo4ka

• Inactive Member
24 minutes ago, Dimo4ka said:

by cards I mean maps 😄 sorry :) 

I like your suggestion, sounds cool!!! Well, in fact it is not difficult to determine which maps players like and which do not. I've been playing jay2 almost every day for a very long time.

and as I said to @mraw435, the maps that players dislike the most are: school, kerkyra, fortress, warbell. As soon as these maps are launched, many of them begin to disconnect. Well, actually, yes, they are boring.

Hang me a message regarding maps, those maps was also not popular in J3 and we make some good progress recently with map cycle - from J3 settings and players perspective I can give you some maps I think would work good, if you want...

Edited by rMks
  • 100 1

9 hours ago, rMks said:

Hang me a message regardins maps, those maps was also not popular in J3 and we make some good progress recently with map cycle - from J3 settings and players perspective I can give you some maps I think would work good.

well, I already indicated 4 maps above, I said about this to mraw, if you have a suggestion, we will always be happy :) 

Edited by Dimo4ka

• Inactive Member
4 minutes ago, Dimo4ka said:

well, I already indicated 4 cards above, I said about this mrav, if you have a suggestion, we will always be happy :) 

Is most of players objective or for fun oriented ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rMks said:

it's hard to say now as the regulars are gone and the newcomers are coming in

but mostly jay2 players are aiming for not too big timing and big maps. Let's just say, on average.

someone is trying to do the obj, someone comes in to fill frags and chat. The community itself you understand, its different

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Jay2 updated map list --- we are always looking for recommendations, please list out a map to add AND remove! 

supplydepot2,0,64,
praetoria_m2,0,52,
adlernest,0,64, 
sp_delivery_te,0,50,
goldrush-gals,0,64,
caen2,0,52,
railgun,0,40,
fa_bremen_final,0,52,
alcatraz_b4,0,40,  
fa_italy_b3_fixed,0,64,
pirates,0,40,
purefrag,0,26,
river_port,0,40,
snatch3,0,40,
frostbite,0,40,
braundorf_final,0,40,
raid_final,0,40,
school,0,64,
et_mor2_night_final,0,64

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
21 hours ago, Dimo4ka said:

Excited Id Software GIF

Get rid of the excess Bots. It's not the maps

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rMks said:

I'd say they generally go for the objective unless a rambo medic wreaks havoc...

• Like 1

@mraw435  def would love to see purefrag back on.  i dont care what others say that map was loved by alot of regulars on jay2. 

@von Rantala i know when i had access to the  server i could see the map votes.maybe mraw345 can see em also.

@mraw435 alcatraz is not  liked on jay2  it is a server killer.  i personally think its fun and funny. but ive seen it kill the server alot!

On 5/10/2023 at 6:50 AM, Mad Doc said:

I'd say they generally go for the objective unless a rambo medic wreaks havoc...

just say it   or when delord is on  spanking ass!lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks -- new map list for jay2:

supplydepot2
et_beach,0
tc_base
cathedral_final
sp_delivery_te
goldrush-gals
fueldump_revenge